PDA

View Full Version : wtf does this mean? lights in the dash don't come on when key is in the ON position..

teh_mugen18
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
This is very odd to me, i finally finished wiring up my 4wire oxygen sensor back into my car, and that's when all the craziness started:

at first when i turned the key to the ON position, the Main Relay under the dash was vibrating, and not pumping fuel as it should've been...

second, after i finally somehow got the main relay to stop vibrating, the next thing that happened was, almost all of the lights in the dash stopped coming on. The only light in the dashboard that illuminates when i turn the key to the ON position is that of the battery light. The Check Engine Light doesnt illuminate when the fuel pump is priming either, but i can definately HEAR the pump doing what its supposed to be doing. its driving me :crazy:, im not really sure what this could be... other than the obvious fact that its an electrical issue of some sort..

teh_mugen18
12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
OH, i also forgot... the turn signals do not work, and the clock is dark as well; but the cigarette lighter still works. If those two things are on the same fuse, i know that if one thing is out, they should all be out. But its not like that, so idk.

Barefoot
12-03-2009, 10:38 PM
If all this started with the o2 that's where I'd be looking first.

teh_mugen18
12-04-2009, 10:21 AM
hmm, after looking at the fuses yesterday i found that two were out, the ecu fuse in the under-hood box was out, and the one for my turn signals was out under the kicker panel inside the car.. im hopeful that that's all it really is.

teh_mugen18
12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
^^^Lol, popped that new fuse in there, everything is back. I think a fuse popped because i did a buncha soldering work in the car without my batt disconnnected...

Lesson Learned. LOL.

Captain-Obvious™
12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Never mess with wiring with the battery connected.

AnTi-PooN
12-04-2009, 07:46 PM
lol, thanks captain obvious

teh_mugen18
12-04-2009, 07:54 PM
lol, thanks captain obvious

LOL i c wut juu diid thar buddyy

:fruit: