PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Hmmmm.... 360 or PS3!

Greddypacked
12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I know this question has been around for some time... but in your opinion which one is better? Discuss...

Homer Simpson
12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Welll, console wise, the PS3 is better!

But, as far as online community and larger variety of games, 360.

But, if I had to pick one, I'd get a PS3. It only does everything.

punkr6
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
ps3 has wifi and bluray....the end

HypnoToad
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
ive had ps3,wii and 360..........but only have a 360 now.

i find the online better, the controller better,and the games better.

crxsiguy
12-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I have ps3 and xbox360 and i like ps3 better, it really does do everything..... almost

Black4DrEK
12-01-2009, 09:49 PM
360 FOR GAME PLAY

VQ35 Star
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Ps3 hands down.

I've been a xbox360 fan boy ever since it came out and then I switched over to the ps3 and love it a lot more.

The controller is a lot better. The joysticks feel a lot smoother(for more precise movements) and its not massive like the 360s
Built in wifi (you gotta buy 1 for the 360)
Free online play
Blu ray
You can surf the web
nearly not as much system failures as the 360 (rrod)
A lot of ppl say the 360 online is better, but truthfully I don't see a difference lol. I've played the same game online for 360 and the ps3 and they are identical. If your talking about the extra shit you get like netflicks and shit then yea 360 online is better lol. The ps3 and 360 both have there own stores but I think the ps3s store is a lot more detailed and better layout (easier to find shit)

And for games, everybody has their own taste in games so you choose on that.

antiv6
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
I have both, xbox live is the shit. I rarely play the ps3 but i play xbox all the time, the only thing i truly like more about the ps3 is the blu ray player. All of my friends who have both play xbox 90% of the time. The xbox live experience is just way better.

97_c1vic
12-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Ps3

ash7
12-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Gears of War - 360 for me.

-jonathan

Dr.G35
12-02-2009, 02:12 AM
I have both, xbox live is the shit. I rarely play the ps3 but i play xbox all the time, the only thing i truly like more about the ps3 is the blu ray player. All of my friends who have both play xbox 90% of the time. The xbox live experience is just way better.
you lost credibility when you said you had friends. LOL

jk. BTW 360 FOR LIFE!!!

Lancer Rage
12-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Whichever system most of your friends are on, and if you dont have any friends on either then PS3 ftw.

Benefit
12-02-2009, 07:13 AM
ps3 easy choice

Slomaro Z28
12-02-2009, 07:47 AM
I have had both. PS3 is nice because of the built in wifi, the xbox wireless one is $99 (I'd just run a cable to my router). It is $60 a year for Xbox Live, as PSN is free, but I am with everyone else....Xbox live is just a lot better as far as the online community goes. And as far as RRoD, buy the extra 2 year service plan and the store will replace it without waiting 2-3 weeks for another one.

JITB
12-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Ill try to be fair, but since i turned xbox fanboy, i havent looked back since. but i would look into a ps3 if i had the money to blow.

Xbox live is the same as the PSn on the outside looking in, but it has been proved time and time and for years, the 5$ a month/50 a year is well worth the price for Xbox live. And ive heard many many times the only reason PSN is free is because noone would pay for it..lol. But the Ps3 players dont seem as competitive, it also has been judgement that the 360 controller is liked more than the ps3 for First person shooters. and the Microsoft also has a greter connection to its community due to its monthly charge, it has an obligation to. The whole setup of XBL is alot more simpler, and the Xbox does what its made to do that is Play games, not go online, not watch movies, not look at pictures, or watch movies. Play games....ive always thought the 360 was a gamers system, and the PS3 was a gadget boys entertainment center..

Ill give kudos to ps3 for the Internet Explorer,Uncharted 2..and God War 3, and wireless integrated into the system, but truth is most people dont even have a TV capable of seeing the real effects of Blu-Ray..

ISAtlanta300
12-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Not this again......... LOL

Both are good system. BOth have good games. Only 'real" exclusive that PS3 has is the blu-ray player.

If you're a 'hardcore gamer' I would say go with Xbox. If you are also into Home Theater and movies, the PS3 is for you.

Or buy both. Then you're all set.

BTW PS3 for me....

EJ25RUN
12-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Ill try to be fair, but since i turned xbox fanboy, i havent looked back since. but i would look into a ps3 if i had the money to blow.

Xbox live is the same as the PSn on the outside looking in, but it has been proved time and time and for years, the 5$ a month/50 a year is well worth the price for Xbox live. And ive heard many many times the only reason PSN is free is because noone would pay for it..lol. But the Ps3 players dont seem as competitive, it also has been judgement that the 360 controller is liked more than the ps3 for First person shooters. and the Microsoft also has a greter connection to its community due to its monthly charge, it has an obligation to. The whole setup of XBL is alot more simpler, and the Xbox does what its made to do that is Play games, not go online, not watch movies, not look at pictures, or watch movies. Play games....ive always thought the 360 was a gamers system, and the PS3 was a gadget boys entertainment center..

Ill give kudos to ps3 for the Internet Explorer,Uncharted 2..and God War 3, and wireless integrated into the system, but truth is most people dont even have a TV capable of seeing the real effects of Blu-Ray..

I still don't get how XBox people make sense out of paying for live.

PS3. Why? Because gaming is one of dozens of things it could do.

All my XBOX ever did was make me feel I'd installed a wind turbine in my room.

JITB
12-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I still don't get how XBox people make sense out of paying for live.

PS3. Why? Because gaming is one of dozens of things it could do.

All my XBOX ever did was make me will I'd installed a wind turbine in my room.

it makes since when its worth the fee. Anything free isnt worth a fee..:D

nreggie454
12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
You can get an Xbox and two years of Live for the cost of a PS3. I prefer the Xbox because I like the controllers, Live is awesome, and I like the Xbox exclusive games more than the PS3 ones.

EJ25RUN
12-02-2009, 01:40 PM
it makes since when its worth the fee. Anything free isnt worth a fee..:D

So with your logic, all the red rings i got were also free? Cause i feel when i paid for it the first time, it shouldn't have happened.

My PS3 feels bulletproof compared to the crashbox.

JITB
12-02-2009, 01:52 PM
So with your logic, all the red rings i got were also free? Cause i feel when i paid for it the first time, it shouldn't have happened.

My PS3 feels bulletproof compared to the crashbox.

the red rings, and death rate of the 360 has been solved, and gets taken care of in a few weeks. The is just such a great system.. we play the fuck out of it..

the ps3 may seem bulletproof.. because it collects dust in so many homes, and plays blu-rays all day..

oneSLOWex
12-02-2009, 01:54 PM
360's have over 50% failure rate. Why would you spend extra money to cover something the manufacturer obviously does not give a shit about? If they cared, it would be fixed already....its been out plenty of time. Online play cant be any different on either system especially when you are playing the same game.
I love being able to browse the internet on my PS3 because when I want to stream a movie or TV show...I just go find it, put it on fullscreen and its as if it were actually on TV and not a game system. I would MUCH rather sit on the couch or lay in the bed than sit in front of the computer. Also, the controller on the 360 does somewhat feel better in your hands....BFD LOL. Yes there are games specific to the 360...oh well im not worried about it.

Anyway...Im done with my rant....its obvious what my choice is.

EJ25RUN
12-02-2009, 01:58 PM
the red rings, and death rate of the 360 has been solved, and gets taken care of in a few weeks. The is just such a great system.. we play the fuck out of it..

the ps3 may seem bulletproof.. because it collects dust in so many homes, and plays blu-rays all day..

JITB...seriously. The XBOX is one of the worst cases of product development ever.

It doesn't matter how quick a company says they'll fix it since they know and i know it will fail again. Then, when your warranty ruins dry, they don't care anymore. I knew the day i bought my PS3 that it won't fail me and it hasn't.

Many times, i leave my PS3 running for days and it still doesn't care. I remember when MGS4 cameout. I didn't let the PS3 turn off for a week.

I'd never do that with a 360. I felt bad about 4 hours on it.

The PS3's price has dropped and that will even things out.

JITB
12-02-2009, 02:07 PM
JITB...seriously. The XBOX is one of the worst cases of product development ever.

It doesn't matter how quick a company says they'll fix it since they know and i know it will fail again. Then, when your warranty ruins dry, they don't care anymore. I knew the day i bought my PS3 that it won't fail me and it hasn't.

Many times, i leave my PS3 running for days and it still doesn't care. I remember when MGS4 cameout. I didn't let the PS3 turn off for a week.

I'd never do that with a 360. I felt bad about 4 hours on it.

The PS3's price has dropped and that will even things out.

the 360 will be fixed every time it gets red ring.. and most times you get a new one anyway. and the issue has been fixed with the later generations of the 360. it was a cooling issue with the power supply.. and it was more prone to the elites at the time. But it has been taken car of..and most are happy.

AND IT DONT COST ANYTHING

u send your 360 in, the fix it, and or send u another one. And you get another 2 year on that from the repair date.. its simple.. and cost nothing.

And the ps3 has the worst warranty every.. they void warrantys for being too dusty..and you have to pay to get them fixed regardless of anything..

Slomaro Z28
12-02-2009, 02:53 PM
No one has mentioned the endless PSN updates, every other time you turn the system on you have to update.

EJ25RUN
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM
No one has mentioned the endless PSN updates, every other time you turn the system on you have to update.

yup.

Xbox fanboys are blind.

I've had both and don't plan on ever having another fail box.

Jitb......so...ok, As an XBOX owner, I should feel happy that what i have (which will fail) will be fixed (to fail again) so instead of playing on it, i have to wait for its return.

Sounds like owning a lemon

oneSLOWex
12-02-2009, 02:56 PM

LOL 3 minutes out of your day is much better when you know your system wont fail on you. Most of the time those updates are for a specific game, not the PS3 itself.

JITB
12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
yup.

Xbox fanboys are blind.

I've had both and don't plan on ever having another fail box.

Jitb......so...ok, As an XBOX owner, I should feel happy that what i have (which will fail) will be fixed (to fail again) so instead of playing on it, i have to wait for its return.

Sounds like owning a lemon

im not arguing on the fail rate.. but the problem has been solved in most cases. and its a thing of the past. the point is.. that the ps3 is a better gaming system. And the ps3 is a better allaroudn system. but when it comes to gaming consoles, the ps3 over did it, form the jump. And still has plenty of broken promises, and hasnt delivered in the gaming department.

and the fail rate at one time was acutally 54%. microsoft has a better grip on the xbox community....and that is key especially with the popularity of online gaming.

iBeboostin
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I have both and ONLY use the PS3 for bluray. Xbox live is so much superior to PS online its ridiculous. PS online isnt worth shit thats why its FO FREE

JITB
12-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I have both and ONLY use the PS3 for bluray. Xbox live is so much superior to PS online its ridiculous. PS online isnt worth shit thats why its FO FREE

anyone ever ask you to tell the difference... and its hard to explain, you just have to play it..lol

oneSLOWex
12-04-2009, 02:23 PM

anyone ever ask you to tell the difference... and its hard to explain, you just have to play it..lol

LOL internet is internet. XBOX doesn't even run the servers for MW2 do they? I may be wrong though I dunno...

JITB
12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
LOL internet is internet. XBOX doesn't even run the servers for MW2 do they? I may be wrong though I dunno...

it is, but the playability, and presentation of xbl is soo much better..