PDA

View Full Version : Sports FALCONS KICKER IS FIRED!

LexISexy
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Falcons kicker is finally fired. hahaah fukcer lost us like 12313 games. They hired bryant though i think whose been inactive for a year or something.

C-loS109
12-01-2009, 04:25 PM
i wish i had connects... i can kick 50's all day!

HyPer50
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I was hoping they'd pick up Brandon Coutu... but anyone is better than Elam has been.

FlipKing
12-01-2009, 05:24 PM
abt damn time

Greddypacked
12-01-2009, 05:52 PM
OH SH!T BOUT DANG TIME. NOW I CAN TAKE DOWN PART OF MY SIGNATURE LOL. I mean it was so bad, when he went up for an extra point we were like oh sh!t make it make it YES extra point good.

americanctm
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
It wasn't just Elam's fault. They fired the Long snapper as well. They had horrible timing for most of the season. In the Giants game you could see the holder give the signal, Elam starting to move, but the ball was not snapped, he had to quickly reset himself 2 steps backs instead of 3 and he missed the field goal. This falls on everybody, including the Special Teams coach.

Sad to see a future Hall of Famer's career come crumbling down like this though.

HyPer50
12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
It wasn't just Elam's fault. They fired the Long snapper as well. They had horrible timing for most of the season. In the Giants game you could see the holder give the signal, Elam starting to move, but the ball was not snapped, he had to quickly reset himself 2 steps backs instead of 3 and he missed the field goal. This falls on everybody, including the Special Teams coach.

Sad to see a future Hall of Famer's career come crumbling down like this though.

That may be, but Elam still hasn't been himself this year, even before our good long snapper got injured. He missed several in the pre-season and earlier on in the season. Also tired of seeing him as "Questionable" on the injury report every week.. He's a hall of famer, but he's done.

redblackfan
12-01-2009, 10:11 PM
bryant got cut by bucs this season

americanctm
12-02-2009, 06:18 AM
That may be, but Elam still hasn't been himself this year, even before our good long snapper got injured. He missed several in the pre-season and earlier on in the season. Also tired of seeing him as "Questionable" on the injury report every week.. He's a hall of famer, but he's done.

I agree. He was great last year, but for some reason went into a slump that he couldn't shake even with the threat of being cut looming over him.

bowdown201
12-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Blair Walsh > ALL

Homer Simpson
12-02-2009, 09:10 AM
haha! I can't believe it!

It is about dang time, though.

S2KJD
12-02-2009, 09:12 AM
wow good deal.

KDM>JDM
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I just hate to see him like this. I remember (an i'm sure alot of yall do to) when he was realllly good an never missed, the announcers would even talk about him being the best in the league. I just hate to see it come to this.

Greddypacked
12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Ya I dont know of Elam all that much, but I have heard he is a great kicker. In Professional sports sometimes the best have slumps but when it comes down to it they need to get it right soon or this will happen.

cjhutch
12-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Blair Walsh > ALL

He's good in college, but the pros is another story. Just look at Brandon Coutu. He has a cannon for a leg, and he was pretty much money from 50 yards in. He was cut by the Seahawks at the beginning of the season.

KDM>JDM
12-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Ya I dont know of Elam all that much, but I have heard he is a great kicker. In Professional sports sometimes the best have slumps but when it comes down to it they need to get it right soon or this will happen.

you're right and they gave him plenty of chances to redeem himself, it just got to the point were i would have rather them go for it on a 4th an 8 then have Elam try for a 35 yard field goal

chnco
12-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Jason Elam does still hold the record for the longest field goal at 63 yards and Bryant holds the 2nd longest at 62.

Elam is a great player and I wouldn't complaining as he was getting paid ALOT. In his two year tenure, he'll be making 5 million dollars (rest of this year's salary would be considered severance). That is for a KICKER!

HyPer50
12-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Jason Elam does still hold the record for the longest field goal at 63 yards and Bryant holds the 2nd longest at 62.

Pretty sure Elam's record kick was also made in the thin air of Denver. Not taking anything away from it, just sayin'... you can put alot more distance on kicks there.