PDA

View Full Version : Gaming EVE Online

Stormhammer
12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm about to restart up in it with my friend- probably with a trial, and seeing as how since I haven't played since the beginning of the year and they released 2 expansions, one being today, this should prove interesting.

MachNU
12-01-2009, 03:55 PM
I tired that game out....it was FUCKING GAY!

Stormhammer
12-02-2009, 08:59 AM
I tired that game out....it was FUCKING GAY!

Did you play WoW first and get upset about dying so much? :lmao:

MachNU
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Did you play WoW first and get upset about dying so much? :lmao:

Actually no. I quit WoW because WoW got to easy and was to casual based. Plus I have played many more MMORPG's than you have. Eve is kinda redundent. I did not die any, it wasnt exactly hard just flying in circles around the enemy shooting at them. It had great graphics just was a boring ass game. Could not play for longer than 30-45 minutes at a time.

Glides
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I loved Eve. It was peaceful and fun. It never really got exciting until you went in to 00 space. Then shit got hectic, fast. Eve is awesome because of it's cool graphics and cool
fan base. Their yearly events are cool up in Iceland I think it is.

Eve is an awesome game. Completely different than WoW. But it is awesome in small spurts. The average person can't sit there for hours and hours on end playing Eve like they can WoW. I spent more time on WoW then should be legal. From open beta to just before WotLK. 8 70's, ex GM. first through MC, BWL and Opened AQ40 on our server, almost completed Naxx before BC came out. We had alot of fun.

Stormhammer
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Actually no. I quit WoW because WoW got to easy and was to casual based. Plus I have played many more MMORPG's than you have. Eve is kinda redundent. I did not die any, it wasnt exactly hard just flying in circles around the enemy shooting at them. It had great graphics just was a boring ass game. Could not play for longer than 30-45 minutes at a time.

That's a bold statement to make right there my friend. I didn't earn these muffin tops and a double chin easily.

MachNU
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
That's a bold statement to make right there my friend. I didn't earn these muffin tops and a double chin easily.

LOL I take your challenge! Hell you might have played many but I am no newb to them!

Mine:
EQ - All exp up until 04
EQ2
SWG - All Exp till SOE killed the game
Lineage
Lineage 2
GuildWars
City of Hero's
Matrix - by far the dumbest mmo to date!
WoW - all exp
Eve
Warhammer
Lord of the Rings
Vanguard
Final Fantasy 11 - snapped the disc in half after 4 hours of playing
Ultima Online

Stormhammer
12-03-2009, 01:29 AM
LOL I take your challenge! Hell you might have played many but I am no newb to them!

Mine:
EQ - All exp up until 04
EQ2
Lineage
Lineage 2
GuildWars
City of Hero's
WoW - all exp
Eve
Warhammer
Lord of the Rings
Vanguard
Ultima Online

Add Runescape, Maplestory :lmfao:, Asheron's Call, Conan, City Of Heroes/Villians, DAOC, Hello Kitty Online, Pirates Of The Burning Sea ( the game held a lot of promise but... I dunno it fell short when it was first out ), Ragnarok 1&2

I need to give Warhammer a try again, see if maybe more ppl are playing now and the bugs have been ironed out.

I do like EVE though for the depth/technicalities about it all.

YakuzaCiviC
12-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Been playing EvE since 03' Its a great game. patience is a must as it can get boring when your a noob but once you get your skills up to par... it can be fun.

DVRN - SoT alliance

HyPer50
12-05-2009, 06:58 PM

Mine:
EQ - All exp up until 04
EQ2
Lineage
Lineage 2
GuildWars
City of Hero's
WoW - all exp
Eve
Warhammer
Lord of the Rings
Vanguard
Ultima Online

God, you sound like about as big as a MMORPG dork as me... except add DAoC, Aion, Shadowbane, and a few other titles that aren't worth mentioning.... My top 3 1.EQ (God was addicted), 2. Vanguard (Rocks, but WAY too time intensive... and didn't have enough people playing to make groups when it came out) 3. DAoC..... i really liked the crafting/work order system lol. I really wish I could find a good new MMORPG, but Aion and Champions Online both sucked.

MachNU
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
God, you sound like about as big as a MMORPG dork as me... except add DAoC, Aion, Shadowbane, and a few other titles that aren't worth mentioning.... My top 3 1.EQ (God was addicted), 2. Vanguard (Rocks, but WAY too time intensive... and didn't have enough people playing to make groups when it came out) 3. DAoC..... i really liked the crafting/work order system lol. I really wish I could find a good new MMORPG, but Aion and Champions Online both sucked.

Yeah luckly I had friends who played some of the lesser name ones and said they sucked so I never bothered to try them. But yeah EQ to this date was still one of the most perfectly designed all around mmo's. I had it till the exp right after PoP. Second being SWG, pre Space flight exp. Dark Age of Camalot I almost tried, but just never did. From what I hear I did not miss out.