PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Honda Brake Pads Quality

TheChosenOne
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm about to replace my brake pads, and after years of throwing money away because of broke-ass-ness pure ignorance, I want to get some personal feedback on brake pads.

I'm running an OEM Rotor, so nothing too fancy, I just want quality and edurance not to be an issue. Is OEM, the best bang for buck, or do any of the top teir AutoZone/Advance/O'riely brands hold there own?

green91
12-01-2009, 03:09 PM
In terms of low noise and not damaging rotors.. oem pads are nearly unmatched. If you do go aftermarket make sure you get ceramic pads. If you drive spirited however, you may find that oem pads are more likely to fade under hard conditions.

TheChosenOne
12-01-2009, 03:24 PM
In terms of low noise and not damaging rotors.. oem pads are nearly unmatched. If you do go aftermarket make sure you get ceramic pads. If you drive spirited however, you may find that oem pads are more likely to fade under hard conditions.
Ahhh, this term spirited... I like it. I like it alot.

When you say that the OEM pads are more likely to fade, is that compared to the Ceramic Duralast/aftermarket pads? I'm leaning towards grabing the OEM pads and they're $60. Is there anything better for cheaper?

Supraboy87T
12-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hawk Hp pads. Have had them on my camry for like 2 1/2-3 years. They are just now starting to go. Little on the high side but worth it to me.

IntegraXTR
12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
oem pads are great for daily. $60? for what car? I can get it cheaper at my dealership, pm me if you're serious about buying the oem pads.

green91
12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Ahhh, this term spirited... I like it. I like it alot.

When you say that the OEM pads are more likely to fade, is that compared to the Ceramic Duralast/aftermarket pads? I'm leaning towards grabing the OEM pads and they're $60. Is there anything better for cheaper?

I see so many cars come into work with severe grooves and warpage in the rotors due to aftermarket pads. I would never recommend autozone/advance or any parts store pad IMO. Ive personally used hawk, cobalt friction, and ebc pads and they do have better resistance to fade under some spirited driving conditons, but they are very noisy, dust alot, and tend to eat up rotors. For 99% of people just get OEM pads and be happy.

TheChosenOne
12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I'll hopefully be snagging a set of OEM's today. :goodjob: