PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock Issue Civic/Integra

k3tsurui
11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I wired an Integra door lock module to my civic electric door lock. For some reason, the doors will only lock on occasions but will unlock every time. All mechanical rods and joints have been removed. Doorlocks are fully electric. Just wondering if anybody else have had or seen this problem and was able to fix it. Please share your experience!

SlamminCRX
11-30-2009, 10:04 PM
maybe the integra door lock module is different from one that would go on a civic?

check your connections maybe

Barefoot
11-30-2009, 11:52 PM
maybe the integra door lock module is different from one that would go on a civic?
that would be my best guess also.

k3tsurui
12-01-2009, 05:20 AM
module is different for sure, but why would it work sometimes and not at other times is what beats me. but the reason that i am using it is because i have type r door panels and didnt want to rewire the harness for the civic module (which i would need to buy in the first place) i just figure the problem is like a relay timing issue or the way that the door lock is placed....i havent noticed any patterns but sometimes when i close the door in an abnormal way, then my locks would work, btfoom

madwick
12-03-2009, 08:30 AM
my 95 gs-r has oem power locks and are connected to my viper alarm. when i lock the doors the driver door seems to jam and not move. before i get out of the car i have to manually lock the door. position the door handle as far open as possible, push the lock indicator and press the lock switch on the door at the same time. it locks perfectly that way. then i arm the alarm. the un lock works great but i wish i could just close the door and as i walk away lock them.

i know my info doesn't help but maybe explain the issue.

88civic_hatc
12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
i agree with bare foot bump

imperception
12-03-2009, 12:00 PM
module is different for sure, but why would it work sometimes and not at other times is what beats me. but the reason that i am using it is because i have type r door panels and didnt want to rewire the harness for the civic module (which i would need to buy in the first place) i just figure the problem is like a relay timing issue or the way that the door lock is placed....i havent noticed any patterns but sometimes when i close the door in an abnormal way, then my locks would work, btfoom

there is no relay timing or delay for locks, it's simply a relay. It's possible one of the relays has a bad connection, or whatever you're using for an output signal is weak or bad...hence it's inconsistency. If you already have harness, why not just manually wire up two relays and call it a day?