PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Turbo Manifold Poll

Drummerboy
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
Trying to decide which turbo manifold to use to upgrade from my ebay log manifold. If it matters, F22a1. Will have built bottom end, and running 15psi with a turbonetics t3/t4. Want to keep AC and PS.

Spoolin performance's SPFab Log Manifold
http://www.spoolinperformance.com/images/Spoolin%20005.jpg

OBX Ramhorn Manifold
http://www.tuningdepot.com/ebay/images/th10749.jpg

Discuss please
[/URL][URL="http://www.spoolinperformance.com/images/Spoolin%20005.jpg"] (http://www.tuningdepot.com/ebay/images/th10749.jpg)

Slomaro Z28
11-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I say second, for waste gate location. I know the top one is getting all the primaries too, but ugly as hell :2cents:

punkr6
11-30-2009, 07:39 PM
OBX is garbage...the end

Slomaro Z28
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
OBX is garbage...the end

I was thinking it was cheaper, but I like the style of the manifold.....maybe have one fab'd at a local shop.

jhadleyh
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
spoolin all the way. I had one a couple of years ago and it was the bomb

Drummerboy
11-30-2009, 07:44 PM
OBX is garbage...the end

why say you dees?

Worst case scenario, I have to take a drimmel and P&P it myself right? As far as the OBX brand goes, Ive got their under brace and test pipe and haven't had any problems.

punkr6
11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
why say you dees?

Worst case scenario, I have to take a drimmel and P&P it myself right? As far as the OBX brand goes, Ive got their under brace and test pipe and haven't had any problems.

the OBX manny will crack and break over and over again, they are GARBAGE.

Slomaro Z28
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
why say you dees?

Yeah, but are the welds gonna hold on the manifold? You don't have to worry about that with the cast log, though either of these will help under the hood temps. That is why I said have a reputable local shop fab you one. :cheers:

DarKStaR
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I think what he meant by obx being crap is that their manifolds are similar to xspower. You will need to brace it and watch for it cracking/breaking.

RedEj8
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Real XS power manifolds arent that bad.. SSautoshit just decided to copy them and put xs power on them.. I have a real XS manifold for my 7M and it's pretty nice...OBX is usually garbage.

Spoolin makes some good shit though. But whichever mani. you decide to use, run a flex section in the DP.

jhadleyh
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Real XS power manifolds arent that bad.. SSautoshit just decided to copy them and put xs power on them.. I have a real XS manifold for my 7M and it's pretty nice...OBX is usually garbage.

Spoolin makes some good shit though.

i bought one l just never got to use it lol. you were the one that had me sold on it.

Drummerboy
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I think what he meant by obx being crap is that their manifolds are similar to xspower. You will need to brace it and watch for it cracking/breaking.

You will have PM in 2 seconds.

patrick4588
11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
phil is an awesome guy and i have run 2 different spoolin manifolds. never had issues with either. great fitment, and great manifolds. spoolin all the way

1SOL2NV
12-01-2009, 01:59 AM
2nd is garbage i just had one and switched to a turbonetics cast iron log mani .. the obx one cracked in 9 diff spots ! ... dont buy cheap manifolds !!!!!! i learned my lesson ... straight turbonetics FTW . or in your case .. the spoolin manifold will do the job RIGHT!

Drummerboy
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
^ Mine is actually a Turbonetics cast manifold now. I just noticed my typo. My entire trbo kit was meant for an H22, then I just used an H23 manifold. But it looks like im going with Spoolin performance. Unless anyone knows of a better manifold for an F series?

patrick4588
12-01-2009, 11:58 AM
there are a lot of companies that make great manifolds. that spoolin one will work just fine though, no need to complicate your decision making.

Drummerboy
12-01-2009, 03:30 PM
there are a lot of companies that make great manifolds. that spoolin one will work just fine though, no need to complicate your decision making.
Im not so sure about that when it comes to an F series. The closest thing I can find is for an F20C/F22C. Not much luck for the older F's.

EmminoDaGreat
12-01-2009, 11:17 PM
MSPi makes f series manifolds, i hear they are good to over 320whp on a stock motor.

Drummerboy
12-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Link to MSPi? never heard of it and cant find anything online.

bus-a-vtec
01-12-2010, 09:37 PM
i say fuck spoolin, if u have the money buy a nieuken equal lenght
manifold works great or if your money is short go ahead with obx thats ok but jus know its gonna crack, but if u want durability go wit drag... dats my opinion plus i think those guys from spoolin are racist.

smrlsvtec
01-12-2010, 11:18 PM
i say fuck spoolin, if u have the money buy a nieuken equal lenght
manifold works great or if your money is short go ahead with obx thats ok but jus know its gonna crack, but if u want durability go wit drag... dats my opinion plus i think those guys from spoolin are racist.

nice:cheers: