PDA

View Full Version : Sports VICK is coming

redblackfan
11-30-2009, 09:52 AM
I can't wait for Vick to come back to Atlanta. I still like him and will cheer when he comes on the field. I just hope the Eagles lose.

quickdodgeŽ
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Lolol. Technically he is coming. But probably as a cheerleader. Later, QD.

redblackfan
11-30-2009, 10:03 AM
I am sure he will run at least one play

quickdodgeŽ
11-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Probably so. If for nothing else, because he is in Atlanta. Later, QD.

nsany(atl)
11-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Why would you cheer for a player who ruined the team when he was here? Oh and killed a bunch of dogs.

He said in an interview he still has tons of fans in Atl. and it is still his house, and he "Expects people to cheer for him as he takes the field" what an a$$.

redblackfan
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
he is the reason i got into football

patrick4588
11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
i hope atlanta wins too, just so it gives my cowboys a little more buffer since im sure romo will choke in december again

-EnVus-
11-30-2009, 07:01 PM
im just glad UGA didnt have to see him back in Atlanta again lol

BlueHatch
11-30-2009, 07:05 PM
fuck mike vick. he played this whole city for fools and as mentioned above killed and fought dogs.

BABY J
11-30-2009, 07:05 PM
Why would you cheer for a player who ruined the team when he was here? Oh and killed a bunch of dogs.

He said in an interview he still has tons of fans in Atl. and it is still his house, and he "Expects people to cheer for him as he takes the field" what an a$$.

Who do u cheer for?

Who are your idols in life?

Who do you support (actors, athletes, musicians, etc).

bdydrpdmazda
11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I still like him and I wish him the best in his football endeavors. I wish that I could go to this game sooo bad, if I were home I would be going to it because the Eagles are my second favorite team.

KDM>JDM
11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
i dont care for him now nor did i care for him when he played for ATL. we would have done just fine with matt schaub at QB

VIP Style
12-01-2009, 12:13 AM
schaub > matt ryan actually.
i dont care for him now nor did i care for him when he played for ATL. we would have done just fine with matt schaub at QB

VIP Style
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
hmmm, he didnt ruin the team all that bad seeing all the money he made arthur blank. how is he a a$$ just for recognizing the fact that alot of folks in atlanta still have love for him? no need in bashing the man up, i thought this hold vick down forever mess was buried and done with.

bdydrpdmazda
12-01-2009, 12:36 AM
:lmfao: :no:

NewGen33
12-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Guy paid his debt to society and apologized to the public. He's even doing things to bring awareness about animal cruelty. Let it go it's old news now. He will play but not to any great extent I don't think. We'll see how it plays out.

Andr3w
12-01-2009, 03:19 AM

Umm... :screwy:

I'm just curious to see if the crowd will boo or cheer Vick.

nsany(atl)
12-01-2009, 05:44 AM
hmmm, he didnt ruin the team all that bad seeing all the money he made arthur blank. how is he a a$$ just for recognizing the fact that alot of folks in atlanta still have love for him? no need in bashing the man up, i thought this hold vick down forever mess was buried and done with.

we are still paying for his mess with 18.5 million still on the salary cap.

People were Mike Vick fans, never Falcon's fans. I have had season tix since '98, I was a fan at first but the realized his type of play just won't work in the Nfl. You have to pass the ball as a first option not run. The dog stuff was just the straw that broke the camels back. He alone ran off 3 coaches b/c Blank wouldn't let them start Schaub.

ATL86
12-01-2009, 06:02 AM
we are still paying for his mess with 18.5 million still on the salary cap.

People were Mike Vick fans, never Falcon's fans. I have had season tix since '98, I was a fan at first but the realized his type of play just won't work in the Nfl. You have to pass the ball as a first option not run. The dog stuff was just the straw that broke the camels back. He alone ran off 3 coaches b/c Blank wouldn't let them start Schaub.

People were Falcon's fans because of Mike Vick. Don't blame Vick. He practically single-handedly carried this organization on his back. He even got a few MVP votes. If you don't believe me, try and remember the 03-04 season. The dog fighting created bad publicity for the organization and they didn't want to be associated with that.

Ryan won't play because of turf toe. It'll be a miracle if we win.

As for those saying "Fuck Mike Vick," yeah he did some stupid shit, and I hated him for it, but he's paid his debt to society and deserves a second chance.

quickdodgeŽ
12-01-2009, 07:35 AM
:lmfao: :no:

There are two ways to look at this. One is that I thought the same thing as you. Schaub is NOT better than Ryan. And I was going to show VIP Style that through stats. But when I looked through the stats, everything on paper, showed that Schaub is a better QB. He played 11 games last year for Houston and was only 400 yards short on Ryan's 16 game season. Not bad.

BUT, the second way to look at this is that Schaub has been around for four years longer than Ryan. He has four years experience on Ryan.

The argument here is that Schaub SHOULD be better because of his seniority over Ryan. BUT, the way Ryan was thrust into the NFL and Falcons the way he was and him to perform the way he did last year was very much more impressive than anything Schaub has done. On paper, Schaub is better. In reality, I think Ryan is already knocking Schaub's level's front door.

Guy paid his debt to society and apologized to the public. He's even doing things to bring awareness about animal cruelty. Let it go it's old news now.

I fully agree with the first part of this statement. I've always been satisfied with his punishment and also lean towards the "paid his debt" thing. Just like any other criminal, he should be accepted back into the workplace.

Now the second part of this post can be questionable. I don't know of anyone that can truly admit to thinking that Vick is doing the "animal awareness" promotions because he wants to. Actually, most (if not all) of it is court-ordered. And if it's not court-ordered, he's only doing it for himself. Not the animals. He knows he really fucked his image up and will do whatever it takes to get his popularity (and money) back. He wasn't doing this animal charity work BEFORE he got caught in all this. It just takes common sense and logic to figure this one out.

Later, QD.

Glides
12-01-2009, 08:12 AM
The Dogfighting shit is over and one with. He paid his debt to society...done, end of story. If you continue to harp on that you are a fucking idiot because to do so undermines EVERYTHING the United States criminal justice system was founded on.

As for the Falcons. They suck and football sucks. so it doesn't really matter what he did because football is gay.

Greddypacked
12-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Umm... :screwy:

I'm just curious to see if the crowd will boo or cheer Vick.

There will probably be both cheering and booing.

BABY J
12-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Good post Quik Dizzle

Greddypacked
12-01-2009, 09:04 AM
This game will be toe to toe, and a great one at that. These teams have always had similar playing styles and usually have a great game every year.

PSINXS
12-01-2009, 09:08 AM
its about time. quit hating on vick. while he was winning games nobody had a problem. so what he fought some pitbulls, mexicans do that on the regular in gwinnett.

PSINXS
12-01-2009, 09:09 AM
The Dogfighting shit is over and one with. He paid his debt to society...done, end of story. If you continue to harp on that you are a fucking idiot because to do so undermines EVERYTHING the United States criminal justice system was founded on.

As for the Falcons. They suck and football sucks. so it doesn't really matter what he did because football is gay.

BLASPHEMY!!!!! BOO THIS MAN

Glides
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM

BLASPHEMY!!!!! BOO THIS MAN

Lol. I played Rugby for years. Football is useless shit to me. Bunch of bloated, overpaid idiots who for the most part couldn't do anything else in life other than what they do now. Vick is a prime example of that. He's a dumbass. I don't care for him simply because he is ignorant and useless other than to toss a ball around.

But he has served his time for the dumb shit he did, so ignorant or not, he deserves a second chance at stupid. :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
12-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Good post Quik Dizzle

Thank you, J Baby.

its about time. quit hating on vick. while he was winning games nobody had a problem. so what he fought some pitbulls, mexicans do that on the regular in gwinnett.

You do know that hate is bred from jealousy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm damn sure not jealous of Vick. Lolol.

And actually, there was a huge following of Falcon fans that didn't like Vick even when he was with Atlanta. Everyone knew he was a ball hog and a showboater. It was always about Vick. Not the team. I did look forward to watching him play each week and I'll say he's a very talented football player. Just not a good QB. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
couldn't do anything else in life other than what they do now.

Uh huh! They can do gloves and Zaxby's commericals. Later, QD.

EJ25RUN
12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Lol. I played Rugby for years.

http://www.dndzone.com/patch/Rugby/SOUTH%20AFRICA%20RUGBY%20-%20BLK.jpg

S2KJD
12-01-2009, 09:45 AM
i just hope the falcons win. dont care about anything on vick.

Glides
12-01-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.dndzone.com/patch/Rugby/SOUTH%20AFRICA%20RUGBY%20-%20BLK.jpg

Springboks are good, no doubt about it.

I'm more of a fan of (of course) the All Blacks. But my all time favorite player is Sebastian Chabal. Freaking animal.

KDM>JDM
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I'll say he's a very talented football player. Just not a good QB. Later, QD.

That's exactly how I feel he is very talented, just not very smart. The Falcons are better without him, let him be some other teams drama.

nsany(atl)
12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
he has touched the ball 24 times this year with a whopping 1.1 yards per carry. That includes the 35 yard run last week. He may get 7 touches this week. He is the biggest non-story this year.

Spectic Tank
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM

How in the world do you figure that? He got fuckin arrested and went to jail for two years when our entire offense was built around him. How is that NOT ruining the team?! And he got arrested for something as stupid and ignorant as dogfighting. He's a moron plain and simple. He screwed himself and our franchise. We even took salary cap hits for two years after he was gone.

Why would any Falcon fan still respect this D-bag?

He's back in the NFL making money again, so nobody is 'holding him down'.

BABY J
12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
How in the world do you figure that? He got fuckin arrested and went to jail for two years when our entire offense was built around him. How is that NOT ruining the team?! And he got arrested for something as stupid and ignorant as dogfighting. He's a moron plain and simple. He screwed himself and our franchise. We even took salary cap hits for two years after he was gone.

Why would any Falcon fan still respect this D-bag?

He's back in the NFL making money again, so nobody is 'holding him down'.

We? Our? You have stock in the Falcons? You part owner?? Are you on the team??

--> and a FAN respects the player --- even if you don't want him to dog-sit for you. Just like the fact that Michael Jackson has been the highest selling artist since June - respecting what he did for a living even though no1 would let him baby-sit.

JUST like Republican soldiers dying in wars and conflicts bc they respect the ORGANIZATION (the U.S) even if they don't respect Obama. If you're a member/resident of this country you roll w/ what we have in place --- anything else is fucking treason.

If you are a FALCONS fan you support the roster until another roster is put in place.

Grow up.

Spectic Tank
12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
We? Our? You have stock in the Falcons? You part owner?? Are you on the team??

--> and a FAN respects the player --- even if you don't want him to dog-sit for you. Just like the fact that Michael Jackson has been the highest selling artist since June - respecting what he did for a living even though no1 would let him baby-sit.

JUST like Republican soldiers dying in wars and conflicts bc they respect the ORGANIZATION (the U.S) even if they don't respect Obama. If you're a member/resident of this country you roll w/ what we have in place --- anything else is fucking treason.

If you are a FALCONS fan you support the roster until another roster is put in place.

Grow up.

No, im not on the team. Sorry to confuse you...:rolleyes:

I am a fan. And I always supported Vick, even when I thought we should of drafted Drew Brees instead of him. But when a player puts himslef(and cousins) above the team...I have NO respect for that.

You got anything to say about football, or you wanna talk about Michael Jackson and Obama?

bonezMTA
12-01-2009, 01:09 PM
wow vick is coming to town...and? it aint like he's going to play. All i know is that the falcons are going to win.

NEMO
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Thank you, J Baby.

You do know that hate is bred from jealousy. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm damn sure not jealous of Vick. Lolol.

And actually, there was a huge following of Falcon fans that didn't like Vick even when he was with Atlanta. Everyone knew he was a ball hog and a showboater. It was always about Vick. Not the team. I did look forward to watching him play each week and I'll say he's a very talented football player. Just not a good QB. Later, QD.
not on topic but for some reason i could only think about Tim Tebow when i read this :thinking:

Glides
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM

I am a fan. And I always supported Vick, even when I thought we should of drafted Drew Brees instead of him. But when a player puts himslef(and cousins) above the team...I have NO respect for that.

You got anything to say about football, or you wanna talk about Michael Jackson and Obama?

You are one of those people that call 680 The Fan and give your armchair assessments of what the team, or the coach who gets paid millions, should have done on the previous weeks game aren't you?

Most times those people refer to them and their teams as "We" like they have some kinship.

Nothing wrong with that I guess, just seems creepy.

BABY J
12-01-2009, 01:40 PM

Okay then. Be a fan. Stop talking about dogs. Time served. Game over. Players risk their career when they sign to a team... (ask Allen Iverson) and the team takes risks as well when they sign a player. He's not the 1st football player to go to jail - won't be the last. Most of these kids have rap sheets longer than my cock before they even play in their 1st game.

Be easy.:goodjob:

Spectic Tank
12-01-2009, 01:43 PM
You are one of those people that call 680 The Fan and give your armchair assessments of what the team, or the coach who gets paid millions, should have done on the previous weeks game aren't you?

Most times those people refer to them and their teams as "We" like they have some kinship.

Nothing wrong with that I guess, just seems creepy.

lol, I think Mike Smith is a great coach and have always supported him. I even mentioned in the post you quoted that i supported the draft of Vick even though I though Brees was a better QB. That kind of contradicts your assumption of me...

Most times people say 'we' or 'us' because it's easier than typing "the Falcons' multiple times. Again, sorry for the confusion...and I didn't mean to creep you out.

Spectic Tank
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Okay then. Be a fan. Stop talking about dogs. Time served. Game over. Players risk their career when they sign to a team... (ask Allen Iverson) and the team takes risks as well when they sign a player. He's not the 1st football player to go to jail - won't be the last. Most of these kids have rap sheets longer than my cock before they even play in their 1st game.

Be easy.:goodjob:

I don't care about the dogs really. I think the fact that he risked his NFL career and the future of THE FALCONS(clarified so there's no confusion) to fight dogs make him an idiot, and I have no respect for that.

If he got busted for a brothel...I could see risking your future for pussy...

BABY J
12-01-2009, 01:56 PM
If he got busted for a brothel...I could see risking your future for pussy...

At 1st I thought you were a dork.

But after reading this I love you. My kinda guy.

quickdodgeŽ
12-01-2009, 02:26 PM

Most times people say 'we' or 'us' because it's easier than typing "the Falcons' multiple times. Again, sorry for the confusion...and I didn't mean to creep you out.

That's always been my pet peeve, lolol. People say "we" or "our" like it is their team, lolol.

Carry on. Later, QD.

redblackfan
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I still think Schaub is better than Ryan right now because the only real target he has is Johnson. Plus his o line suck and he is like second in passing yard

redblackfan
12-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Vick is not a selfish player, you won't even make it into the NFL if you are a selfish QB

quickdodgeŽ
12-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Vick is not a selfish player, you won't even make it into the NFL if you are a selfish QB

Lolol. Later, QD.

Spectic Tank
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
I still think Schaub is better than Ryan right now because the only real target he has is Johnson. Plus his o line suck and he is like second in passing yard

I agree. As he should be better than a second year player.

Johnson is one hell of a target too.

HyPer50
12-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I'm so glad the Vick era is over... Now it's easy to seperate the Falcon fans, and the Vick nut huggers.. I mean I loved Vick too, but you're retardedly blind if you can't see how Vick almost ruined the franchise (or atleast set them back several years) and made Arthur Blank look like a fool. I'm glad Vick is a "good" man now, and hopefully he prospers in the NFL, but he still fucked over the Falcons.

BABY J
12-01-2009, 06:44 PM
The Falcons fucked THEMSELVES over. When are you "seasoned" football fans are gonna learn that 1 man is not a TEAM. Ask Barry Sanders and many of the other greats who couldn't get it done alone. The Falcons made very questionable decisions prior to the Vick era - during and after. 1 man has never stopped a show in football even when that man is the quarterback.

HyPer50
12-01-2009, 07:24 PM
The Falcons fucked THEMSELVES over. When are you "seasoned" football fans are gonna learn that 1 man is not a TEAM. Ask Barry Sanders and many of the other greats who couldn't get it done alone. The Falcons made very questionable decisions prior to the Vick era - during and after. 1 man has never stopped a show in football even when that man is the quarterback.

True, 1 man isn't the team. But 1 man can be the face of a team and thats what Vick was. He was the 130million dollar quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, and there 1st overall pick, so he had a pretty huge role in the team. He fucked the Falcons over.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
yeh i still like Vick too. I was hyped about this game bc im going too, but not no more bc he doesnt get enough playing time!!

EJ25RUN
12-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Springboks are good, no doubt about it.

I'm more of a fan of (of course) the All Blacks. But my all time favorite player is Sebastian Chabal. Freaking animal.

When i was growing up, i was friends with a family from South Africa so they were huge fans and i got it from them.

redblackfan
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I think would rather have a bunch of nobodies on my team bc i think they will play harder bc they have no one to lean on.

Glides
12-07-2009, 08:52 AM
When i was growing up, i was friends with a family from South Africa so they were huge fans and i got it from them.

Yea man. Rugby is a real sport. Football....blah.

But oh man. All the naysayers in this thread got pooned.

Vick averages what....5 yards per game. Then comes to Atlanta and purely dominates. All I can say to that is LOL!

quickdodgeŽ
12-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Vick averages what....5 yards per game. Then comes to Atlanta and purely dominates. All I can say to that is LOL!

Dominated what? Lolol. Later, QD.

Glides
12-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Dominated what? Lolol. Later, QD.

Well. A guy gets 5 yards per game average or whatever they said right?

He comes to Atlanta. First thing they do is stick him out front on the run in. Then they make him team captain for the game. Got hugged before the game by 2 of the Atlanta players. Then he went on to score one TD himself, then pass for a second. He didn't gain many yards but I would say he dominated for someone who has had little play time and come out of an 19 month prison sentence. By the end of the game, the chants in the dome were "We want Vick"

In light of the circumstances, i'd call that domination any day of the week. :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
12-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Well. A guy gets 5 yards per game average or whatever they said right?

He comes to Atlanta. First thing they do is stick him out front on the run in. Then they make him team captain for the game. Got hugged before the game by 2 of the Atlanta players. Then he went on to score one TD himself, then pass for a second. He didn't gain many yards but I would say he dominated for someone who has had little play time and come out of an 19 month prison sentence. By the end of the game, the chants in the dome were "We want Vick"

In light of the circumstances, i'd call that domination any day of the week. :goodjob:

He didn't anything until the 3rd quarter. Falcons were already lost causes.

But we can agree to disagree. I saw the Philadelphia Eagles dominate. Not Vick. Later, QD.

BABY J
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
The Falcons scored on the last play of the game. That proves that the game wouldn't quite be "over" at 13-0 no matter the quarter.

The game is over when it's over.

Every1 is standing their ground - and that's kool, but there is really not much to debate in this subject.

Glides
12-07-2009, 09:39 AM
The Falcons scored on the last play of the game. That proves that the game wouldn't quite be "over" at 13-0 no matter the quarter.

The game is over when it's over.

Every1 is standing their ground - and that's kool, but there is really not much to debate in this subject.

See you are looking at this all incorrectly. You are thinking I meant Vick was a Dominating QB.....which he was not.

What he DID do, was have a great game. Doesn't matter when he scored the touchdowns, first, second, third or 4th quarters. He scored them is all that matters. We are not talking about Peyton Manning here. We are talking about Michael Vick....who everyone seemed to hate for what he did.

He could have easily come here, and the coach of the Eagles sideline him so as to not cause any controversy. But he didn't and let Vick play....and Vick played. 2 TD's is nothing to laugh at. So let me make this a bit easier.

"In light of the SITUATION....Vick dominated"

BABY J
12-07-2009, 09:43 AM
See you are looking at this all incorrectly. You are thinking I meant Vick was a Dominating QB.....which he was not.

What he DID do, was have a great game. Doesn't matter when he scored the touchdowns, first, second, third or 4th quarters. He scored them is all that matters. We are not talking about Peyton Manning here. We are talking about Michael Vick....who everyone seemed to hate for what he did.

He could have easily come here, and the coach of the Eagles sideline him so as to not cause any controversy. But he didn't and let Vick play....and Vick played. 2 TD's is nothing to laugh at. So let me make this a bit easier.

That post wasn't meant for you - LOL.

I agree that he dominated. 2 TDs - 43 yd toss to set it up - scored more TDs than any1 else on the field.

VIP Style
12-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Vick came to this franchise and electrified it, period. I dont see how people can say he is selfish, ball hog, and all that non-sense. when he came to the falcons, they really didnt have shit going for them. so of course people are going to always love what he did for the franchise from the memorable plays, to being the last qb to carry the team within one game of the superbowl! people loved vick simply because he introduced a more exciting element to the game and something that the falcons had never had.

Glides
12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
That post wasn't meant for you - LOL.

I agree that he dominated. 2 TDs - 43 yd toss to set it up - scored more TDs than any1 else on the field.

Oh.. Oops. :D

Glides
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Vick came to this franchise and electrified it, period. I dont see how people can say he is selfish, ball hog, and all that non-sense. when he came to the falcons, they really didnt have shit going for them. so of course people are going to always love what he did for the franchise from the memorable plays, to being the last qb to carry the team within one game of the superbowl! people loved vick simply because he introduced a more exciting element to the game and something that the falcons had never had.

I agree with ya.

quickdodgeŽ
12-07-2009, 10:49 AM

He didn't dominate. If he would have played more than a few downs and really lit it up, then he would have been a dominatrix.l..I mean would have dominated. He simply came in had a good few minutes for himself. For the few minutes he did play, he did very well.

people loved vick simply because he introduced a more exciting element to the game and something that the falcons had never had.

I AGREE. They didn't love him because he was a good QB (because he wasn't). They loved him because of what he did for the Falcons.

See, fellas, I'm not debating this because I despise Vick. I loved watching him when he was a Falcon. My oldest son would come over to the house every Sunday and we'd watch the games together. Looking forward to it. And I've also always been a promoter of him being allowed back into football. Glad to see him get back. Glad a team picked him up. I wasn't one of those PETA folks that thought he should never play again. So I'm not debating his game yesterday because I don't like him.

With that said, carry on, lolol. In the end, it doesn't matter. The Falcons got worn out and their playoff hopes probably did too. Later, QD.