PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of the drifting craze

punkr6
11-29-2009, 01:16 PM
I'm not one to knock people for their hobby or interest. But I simply can't understand why people like drifting so much. I've rode in a drift car and I've been to a few of the so called races, and about an hour into it I'm already bored with sliding cars and tire smoke. I've always been a drag strip guy, maybe thats the problem, I don't know.

Discuss :

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
To each his own I myself like drag racing and road racing. I went to the Gresham Drift event yesterday and that was my first time watching drift cars and it was kinda cool. I don't think I ever see myself drifting though lol.

ep9716
11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Cool thread....do make more.

MissS13
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm not one to knock people for their hobby or interest. But I simply can't understand why people like drifting so much. I've rode in a drift car and I've been to a few of the so called races, and about an hour into it I'm already bored with sliding cars and tire smoke. I've always been a drag strip guy, maybe thats the problem, I don't know.

Discuss :

............:eek:..............:eek:.............. ...:eek:................?

...:no:

matthewAPM
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Well I have been to the drag strip a fwe times and its fucking boring. Its the worst form of motorsports imo. Why pay so much money to spend (whatever your car runs in the 1/4) on track? Its also a sport that takes zero skill.

But im a road race guy so thats my opinion.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 01:42 PM
^ You'd be surprised how much skill it takes. Just like drifting takes skill, but just a different type.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Well I have been to the drag strip a fwe times and its fucking boring. Its the worst form of motorsports imo. Why pay so much money to spend (whatever your car runs in the 1/4) on track? Its also a sport that takes zero skill.

I don't agree, but I respect your opinion....:goodjob:

Catnip
11-29-2009, 01:43 PM
Drag racing... Its also a sport that takes zero skill.

You're dumb.

Tracy
11-29-2009, 01:53 PM
I like any type of driving and drifting happens to me my favorite. It's a drivers sport, not a ride-a-long sport. It's kind of not even a spectator sport if you ask me—although lots of people will disagree. It's kind of like watching a really good movie that has all kinds of twists and turns. Every time you watch it, you see something you didn't notice before. In drifting, you can learn something every single time you get in the car. This is true for other driving sports, but drifting has a lot more freedom when it comes to the line. That's because it's not about who makes it to the end first.

I have to say that I am very glad that I learned how to drift just for safety reasons. I am a lot more confident on the road. I no longer have the "jerk the wheel" reaction when someone gets to close to me or starts to move into my lane, etc. Also, it has saved my ass many times out on the Road Course in my Evo or STI. Sure, you don't want to drift on a road course, but it can save your ass from crashing or getting off track if you have the natural instinct to counter steer when it is called for.

A lot of people get frustrated at first because it take some people a while to get that initial slide down without spinning. It takes years for some people to get it right (in a controlled and purposeful manner). I have seen it. So, it is easy to give up if you are hasty, but once you feel that first slide without spinning, you want to do it again.

But that's just my opinion. I don't go out drifting much anymore because Turner is boring to me and that is about the only place around here to do it (before Gresham just opened). It took me 3 years to get bored of that lot though.

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM

It takes no skill?

So you mean to tell me you can hop in a 1500 hp car pull out a low 60ft without spinning get through the gears correctly while the g forces push you back and then keep it in the groove all at once and run a fast time and MPH?

No skill huh? If that were the case then everybody would be professional Drag racers that hopped in a car and ran it down the strip.

Tracy
11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
It takes no skill?

So you mean to tell me you can hop in a 1500 hp car pull out a low 60ft without spinning get through the gears correctly while the g forces push you back and then keep it in the groove all at once and run a fast time and MPH?

No skill huh? If that were the case then everybody would be professional Drag racers that hopped in a car and ran it down the strip.You can't explain to all the elitist that every driving sport takes skill to be good. Most of the time it just means they haven't tried it or aren't good at it, so they debate it.

Dan is pretty good at most driving sports and has been a pro in drag and drift. He hated drifting until I MADE him try it. He fought me for months and I had to convince him that it was the new hot shit as far as business goes. Luckily I was right. Now he loves it more than drag racing...but we all remember how much skill it took him to get that Supra into the 8's. The g's you pull alone are enough to catch you off guard.

Jason..
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM

Discuss :
Both sports get boring to watch after a few hours..unless im in the car im not having fun...

punkr6
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Both sports get boring to watch after a few hours..unless im in the car im not having fun...

this is true....

Catnip
11-29-2009, 02:13 PM
You can't explain to all the elitist that every driving sport takes skill to be good. Most of the time it just means they haven't tried it or aren't good at it, so they debate it.

Dan is pretty good at most driving sports and has been a pro in drag and drift. He hated drifting until I MADE him try it. He fought me for months and I had to convince him that it was the new hot shit as far as business goes. Luckily I was right. Now he loves it more than drag racing...but we all remember how much skill it took him to get that Supra into the 8's. The g's you pull alone are enough to catch you off guard.

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Jason..
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Stop..

Elbow
11-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Drifting is still a craze?

The real thing I don't like about drifting is the majority of the posers involved. Everyone with their 240's all busted and looking the same, the clothes, the emo attitude, the sport itself is pretty cool. Pointless as hell but fun to do.

It just seems every kid now things if he has a 240 or RWD Japanese car he's a drifter whether he's ever actually done an event or not.

Catnip
11-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Stop..

CANT STOP WONT STOP

Tracy
11-29-2009, 02:34 PM

The real thing I don't like about drifting is the majority of the posers involved. Everyone with their 240's all busted and looking the same, the clothes, the emo attitude, the sport itself is pretty cool. Pointless as hell but fun to do.

It just seems every kid now things if he has a 240 or RWD Japanese car he's a drifter whether he's ever actually done an event or not.

I agree totally with this part. That being said, each "group" has a look. I mean, relate it to skaters. They all look the same. Punk Rock bands. Rappers. The list goes on and on. I don't think I fall into the drifter look category, but a lot of others do. Still, it's no reason to say it takes no skill (not that YOU did).

Elbow
11-29-2009, 02:36 PM
I agree totally with this part. That being said, each "group" has a look. I mean, relate it to skaters. They all look the same. Punk Rock bands. Rappers. The list goes on and on. I don't think I fall into the drifter look category, but a lot of others do. Still, it's no reason to say it takes no skill (not that YOU did).

Very true.

jorgen
11-29-2009, 02:39 PM
no gives a fuck if your tired of the craze.
its here to stay.
if your not driving, then i agree, its boring.
i personally like all forms of motorsports, and would love to participate in all.
but since i dont have a v8 or 800hp to go lay down at a drag strip, ill stick with drifting, auto-x and mountain runs.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Tracy, I still say you should of never cut your hair off like you did. Hell, I didn't even recognize you that night lol.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 02:42 PM
no gives a fuck if your tired of the craze.
its here to stay.
if your not driving, then i agree, its boring.
i personally like all forms of motorsports, and would love to participate in all.
but since i dont have a v8 or 800hp to go lay down at a drag strip, ill stick with drifting, auto-x and mountain runs.

:goodjob:

Tracy
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Tracy, I still say you should of never cut your hair off like you did. Hell, I didn't even recognize you that night lol.I cut it like 3 years ago, bud. I'm growing it back out for now.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I cut it like 3 years ago, bud. I'm growing it back out for now.Lol good, you didn't look the same. I bet Dan will be happy to have something more to grab on too.. :D:boobies::idb: lol

Catnip
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Tracy, I still say you should of never cut your hair off like you did. Hell, I didn't even recognize you that night lol.

You're kinda gay. I'd tap it... multiple times.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 02:59 PM
^ And when did I say I wouldn't? I just said she looked different.

Catnip
11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
^ And when did I say I wouldn't? I just said she looked different.

You were complaining about the way she looks. lol. Just joking around with you...

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 03:23 PM
You were complaining about the way she looks. lol. Just joking around with you...Nah I just said she looked different. I know you were puddin'....

No Homo...

Ok maybe a little homo.

Evil Goat
11-29-2009, 08:11 PM
in my experience over the years people who say drag racing doesn't take skill are usually those who have never driven anything with real power and have never owned anything worth taking to a drag strip.....which would be the case....it doesn't take any skill to drag race a car with little to no power, it's like driving it on the street at that point...put yourself into anything above the 350hp mark and it becomes a different story

i've only been to one drift event....it was ok, nothing to write home about, but still interesting to watch none the less

speedminded
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
in my experience over the years people who say drag racing doesn't take skill are usually those who have never driven anything with real power and have never owned anything worth taking to a drag strip.....which would be the case....it doesn't take any skill to drag race a car with little to no power, it's like driving it on the street at that point...put yourself into anything above the 350hp mark and it becomes a different story

i've only been to one drift event....it was ok, nothing to write home about, but still interesting to watch none the lessTo me every sport is boring to watch other than the spectacular moments, highlights, or last few minutes. Drag racing is fun to do when you're actually doing it, I guarantee most people that think drag racing sucks are the ones that would have a clutch foot shaking and sweaty palms sitting at the tree. Just like road racing it's a game of consistency with perfection being required to win. It's the technical aspect of it all where hundredths of a second mean a win or loss, there's so much R&D and dedication that goes into top finishers of every motorsport.

Every 15 year old should learn how to successfully drift. Period. It would teach car control, accident avoidance, and decrease inclement weather accidents 10 fold, etc. Personally I think everyone should be required to be on a motorcycle as well...that would make people more aware of surroundings and safer drivers the rest of their life.

Justin.
11-29-2009, 09:21 PM
To me every sport is boring to watch other than the spectacular moments, highlights, or last few minutes. Drag racing is fun to do when you're actually doing it, I guarantee most people that think drag racing sucks are the ones that would have a clutch foot shaking and sweaty palms sitting at the tree. Just like road racing it's a game of consistency with perfection being required to win. It's the technical aspect of it all where hundredths of a second mean a win or loss, there's so much R&D and dedication that goes into top finishers of every motorsport.

Every 15 year old should learn how to successfully drift. Period. It would teach car control, accident avoidance, and decrease inclement weather accidents 10 fold, etc. Personally I think everyone should be required to be on a motorcycle as well...that would make people more aware of surroundings and safer drivers the rest of their life.

Amen, and also weed out a few that don't belong on the road.

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 09:54 PM
Amen, and also weed out a few that don't belong on the road.

DiD i meet you at the drift event? I am also named justin lol.

MissS13
11-29-2009, 09:58 PM
I love wheels and lots of horsepower. I enjoy it all. :idb:

Elbow
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
I love wheels and lots of horsepower. I enjoy it all. :idb:

Wheels?

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 10:05 PM
drifting is just my thing, you get alot of people up in the mountains and just have fun around the turns.. theres nothing like it...

MissS13
11-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Wheels?

LOL. yea. I was gonna say 4 wheels and lots of hp, but then again I love bikes too, so i just said wheels....lol:doh:

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 10:08 PM
all cars have wheels

MissS13
11-29-2009, 10:15 PM
all cars have wheels

but not all have LOTS of hp, which if you read carefully is EXACTLY what I said...:tongue1:

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Silly woman

MissS13
11-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Silly woman

LOL, you scared?

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 10:34 PM
The OP asked for discussion. Here is my take. From what I see, drifting is a lot of artistic expression, albeit in a car. You choose your line, you make it happen(and hopefully look good) and make it look simple, even though it isnt. I know it takes skill to put the rear bumper just inches off the wall while billowing smoke from the rear tires just a few feet from another car trying to do the same, tandem.

Road course. I have done auto cross and enjoyed it and I can imagine that road course racing would be a blast. I would love to ride with someone to see what it is all about!You are trying to pick the best line to run on the course to get the best lap time while trying to communicate to the crew chief(or yourself) what you need to do with the car since it is a little loose or a lotta tight in the corners.

Drag racing. This is my favorite. Nothing like having a front wheel drive with over 800 whp trying to keep it straight. In other forms of motorsports you have time to recover, but if you mess up a little, you will probably not get to the next round. I have had people I know tell me you dont need a steering wheel for drag racing, but they have never been a foot off the wall with the steering wheel turned hard right, wot, knowing that if you lift the car will go where you dont want it too and you need to shift so the car will still keep going forward and not hit the rev limiter and turn into the other wall. All this while the guy in the other lane is barely ahead of you and you know you can beat him if you can just pull in the reigns a little tighter. It is very exciting, and I do say that if everything goes good you will have very little seat time but for those 11 seconds or less it is the best seat in the house.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
The OP asked for discussion. Here is my take. From what I see, drifting is a lot of artistic expression, albeit in a car. You choose your line, you make it happen(and hopefully look good) and make it look simple, even though it isnt. I know it takes skill to put the rear bumper just inches off the wall while billowing smoke from the rear tires just a few feet from another car trying to do the same, tandem.

Road course. I have done auto cross and enjoyed it and I can imagine that road course racing would be a blast. I would love to ride with someone to see what it is all about!You are trying to pick the best line to run on the course to get the best lap time while trying to communicate to the crew chief(or yourself) what you need to do with the car since it is a little loose or a lotta tight in the corners.

Drag racing. This is my favorite. Nothing like having a front wheel drive with over 800 whp trying to keep it straight. In other forms of motorsports you have time to recover, but if you mess up a little, you will probably not get to the next round. I have had people I know tell me you dont need a steering wheel for drag racing, but they have never been a foot off the wall with the steering wheel turned hard right, wot, knowing that if you lift the car will go where you dont want it too and you need to shift so the car will still keep going forward and not hit the rev limiter and turn into the other wall. All this while the guy in the other lane is barely ahead of you and you know you can beat him if you can just pull in the reigns a little tighter. It is very exciting, and I do say that if everything goes good you will have very little seat time but for those 11 seconds or less it is the best seat in the house.

well put....

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
put well

punkr6
11-29-2009, 10:40 PM
put well

shut up...

jhadleyh
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
nnnnnnnnno

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Discuss :

So you like going in straight line, instead of getting side ways, taking curves, and so on? In drag most of the time, the person who put more money into his car is gonna be faster. Because you can even train a monkey to drive a fucking car in a straight line(seriously, its been proven)

lol at this thread. Are you maybe mad because you can't afford a drift car?

Catnip
11-29-2009, 11:29 PM
So you like going in straight line, instead of getting side ways, taking curves, and so on? In drag most of the time, the person who put more money into his car is gonna be faster. Because you can even train a monkey to drive a fucking car in a straight line(seriously, its been proven)

1. You have drag cars in your sig, shut the fuck up.

2. You're wrong, look at smackedintheatl...

3. I'm not racist

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
1. You have drag cars in your sig, shut the fuck up.

2. You're wrong, look at smackedintheatl...

3. I'm not racist

1. I didn't say i hate drag racing, I just think it takes the least amount of skill from any other car events out there.

2.lol

3.lol

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
drifting is a lot like masturbating. It takes skill, a lot of practice, and patients to get it just right.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM

I have been sideways pointing at the wall in my Civic at 120 after letting off the gas in a 1/8th mile track. Come to my shop and look at the flat spots in my rear tires if you dont believe me. It took some skill to get the car to go straight again. I am not a trained monkey.

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:33 PM
drifting is a lot like masturbating. It takes skill, a lot of practice, and patients to get it just right.

WTF :thinking:

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I have been sideways pointing at the wall in my Civic at 120 after letting off the gas in a 1/8th mile track. Come to my shop and look at the flat spots in my rear tires if you dont believe me. It took some skill to get the car to go straight again. I am not a trained monkey.

I didn't mean to bash drag racing. If my tranny and axles would handle the strip, i would be out there every week. But like i said, its who puts the most money into their cars is most of the time gona be faster/winner. And like i said, drag racing takes the least amount of skill from any other car events out there, and I'm willing to stand by that. Prove me wrong.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 11:37 PM
I didn't mean to bash drag racing. If my tranny and axles would handle the strip, i would be out there every week. But like i said, its who puts the most money into their cars is most of the time gona be faster/winner. And like i said, drag racing takes the least amount of skill from any other car events out there, and I'm willing to stand by that. Prove me wrong.

I have bone stock tranny(open diff) and axles and I am running like 11.1 @ 130. What kind of vehicle do you have?

Stol3n
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM

you've obviously never been to a NHRA race and had nitro methane shoved down your throat.

experiencing an NHRA race is one of the sickest things you'll ever experience, you simply cannot put it into words.

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:38 PM
02 Subaru wrx with a vf43 setup. I already swapped out 1 tranny, not ready for another.

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:40 PM
you've obviously never been to a NHRA race and had nitro methane shoved down your throat.

experiencing an NHRA race is one of the sickest things you'll ever experience, you simply cannot put it into words.

I'll put it in picture.

Now if i had this, i would say yey i love drag racing.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 11:42 PM
02 Subaru wrx with a vf43 setup. I already swapped out 1 tranny, not ready for another.I understand!
If you want to I will let you ride with me this Saturday at SDR for the first pass and let you see if there is no skill. I have a lot of work to get the car ready, but it should be done in time. Let me know.

Catnip
11-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Lets say you put smackedinthedriversmod in a $14,000 car, and thacker in another $14,000 car.

I'm willing to bet one will be running 12.9 and one will be running 11.4.

Just saying.

You know.

Again, not racist with that monkey joke earlier. lulz

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I understand!
If you want to I will let you ride with me this Saturday at SDR for the first pass and let you see if there is no skill. I have a lot of work to get the car ready, but it should be done in time. Let me know.

I know drag racing takes skills, i never said it doesn't take any. I just think it takes the least amount of skill from any other car event racing. And i don't think you want an extra 200 pounds in your car.

Lets say you put smackedinthedriversmod in a $14,000 car, and thacker in another $14,000 car.

I'm willing to bet one will be running 12.9 and one will be running 11.4.

Just saying.

You know.

Again, not racist with that monkey joke earlier. lulz

I know drag racing takes skills, i never said it doesn't take any. I just think it takes the least amount of skill from any other car event racing.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 11:45 PM
My penis does 7's :D

punkr6
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM

lol, i'm not mad about anything, life is good on my end.....:goodjob:

Catnip
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I know drag racing takes skills, i never said it doesn't take any. I just think it takes the least amount of skill from any other car event racing.

I wasn't going at you with a "no skills" come back, more at the more money = faster comment. It's simply not true.

More like a funny car, 4's and... funny.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I know drag racing takes skills, i never said it doesn't take any. I just think it takes the least amount of skill from any other car event racing. And i don't think you want an extra 200 pounds in your car.

I definately can see where you are coming from. Road racing, you have skill as well as driver fatigue from driving many laps, and drifting, well, the smoke inhalation would be terrible.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 11:51 PM

Awesome, I was wondering how to incorporate that into a drag racing, drifting, and road racing thread. You saved me a lot of thinking!

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
[quote=Catnip;38557872]I wasn't going at you with a "no skills" come back, more at the more money = faster comment. It's simply not true.

Well if both cars are identical to each other(stock GTO vs stock GTO), than they should run in close range. But the driver with more skill will run faster. Ofcourse money is not a factor if both cars are identical.

Now let's say a stock GTO runs against modded GTO. This means, one of the cars has more money put into it. Shit, IMO the modded GTO better be faster, or equal to the other GTO with better driver.

Catnip
11-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Awesome, I was wondering how to incorporate that into a drag racing, drifting, and road racing thread. You saved me a lot of thinking!

You're pretty fucked in life if skeetspeed saves you some thinking. Unless you're debating on suicide, see him, and decide you're not too bad off.

Catnip
11-30-2009, 12:04 AM
[quote=Catnip;38557872]I wasn't going at you with a "no skills" come back, more at the more money = faster comment. It's simply not true.

Well if both cars are identical to each other(stock GTO vs stock GTO), than they should run in close range. But the driver with more skill will run faster. Ofcourse money is not a factor if both cars are identical.

Now let's say a stock GTO runs against modded GTO. This means, one of the cars has more money put into it. Shit, IMO the modded GTO better be faster, or equal to the other GTO with better driver.

On the other hand here, lets say you have one guy with a brand new JRSC B16 EM1 and a guy with a pieced together turbo kit on his D series EF...

Again, arguement prove wrong.

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 12:05 AM

Many times I have gotten in the driver's seat of someone's car, the car they drive everyday, and gone from .3 to a full second faster than they did. The car setup doesnt get any more identical than that.

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:08 AM
I see where you're coming from. BUT FUK YOU MAN, MONEY ALWAYS BUY BETTER SHIT! UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMEONE TO GIVE A BAD ASS DEAL ON PARTS AND SHIT. AIIT PEACE. FUCK YOU!

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 12:09 AM
Sorry, man, wasnt trying to offend. I understand where you are coming from also.

Catnip
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry, man, wasnt trying to offend. I understand where you are coming from also.

I saw where he came from just the other night. lulz

FriskyWalrus
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
i have to agree with jjmastertech on this. to me, it is an artform more than a sport. theres just something about cars being sideways next to each other on a set course, trying to get as close as they can to each other and the clipping points, whether it be a wall tap clipping point or an apex clipping point, without hitting it. hell sometimes just barely scraping the wall if its appropriate. but theres just so much into it that makes it an honestly great thing to watch, and do

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM

and most would say that all bmw guys are jackoffs and think that their cars are super awesome.
i don't fall into this stereotype, how ever i love drifting. i also love road racing and drag racing.
drifting to me is cheaper than road racing. it takes less money to be competitive. it takes more skill than money. if i could road race a bunch then i would. i love to corner and brake hard. its enjoyable.

and drag racing takes skill. your a dumbass.

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:15 AM
[quote=Got Milk?;38557899]

Many times I have gotten in the driver's seat of someone's car, the car they drive everyday, and gone from .3 to a full second faster than they did. The car setup doesnt get any more identical than that.

Well yeah. That's where the skill came in, you. Again, I know drag racing takes skill. But I just think in my own opinion: If you was to put me in your car, and showed me everything there is to know, I would learn it pretty quickly and I would run about the same times as you. On other hand, i would probably total about 10 cars before learning how to drift, or rally racing.

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 12:16 AM
I can honestly say I have never been in a drift car with a driver that has the skills. Is there anyone that I can ride with to see what it is like? Someone that really knows how to do it?

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
and most would say that all bmw guys are jackoffs and think that their cars are super awesome.
i don't fall into this stereotype, how ever i love drifting. i also love road racing and drag racing.
drifting to me is cheaper than road racing. it takes less money to be competitive. it takes more skill than money. if i could road race a bunch then i would. i love to corner and brake hard. its enjoyable.

and drag racing takes skill. your a dumbass.

"You're"

Fail!

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I can honestly say I have never been in a drift car with a driver that has the skills. Is there anyone that I can ride with to see what it is like? Someone that really knows how to do it?

I've never been with a pro either, but I've been in a car with few off my friends. They aren't good, but they're getting better.

Also, I've never been with a pro dragster.

My opinion is coming from what I've experienced. Not what I've seen on T.V. or read somewhere.

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
"You're"

Fail!

thats cool.

i dont care.

Got Milk?
11-30-2009, 12:31 AM

FriskyWalrus
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
my suggestion is either go to a drift event and ride along with either the drift mechaniks guys or the drift emporium guys. its 10 bucks and you ride with all the drivers if you want

EJ25RUN
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
What's drifting? I remember seeing it in some movie.

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 12:35 AM
my suggestion is either go to a drift event and ride along with either the drift mechaniks guys or the drift emporium guys. its 10 bucks and you ride with all the drivers if you want

What would the requirements be?

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 12:38 AM

i will give you a ride next season. i should have my new car done.

all you need is a helmet, closed toed shoes, and long pants on.

Catnip
11-30-2009, 12:41 AM

sounds like a normal day for Got Milk?

lulz

PS, I think I've seen your car at the V and I fapped a little.

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 12:42 AM
sounds like a normal day for Got Milk?

lulz

PS, I think I've seen your car at the V and I fapped a little.

lol thanks.

i sold it a few weeks ago. i have a new car that should be a lot cooler than that one.(still a 240)

Catnip
11-30-2009, 12:44 AM
lol thanks.

i sold it a few weeks ago. i have a new car that should be a lot cooler than that one.(still a 240)

Sweet. Any details or is it a ninja until it's done?

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 12:49 AM
lol. not super ninja. but its a convertible. it should go pretty nicely.

Catnip
11-30-2009, 01:25 AM
lol. not super ninja. but its a convertible. it should go pretty nicely.

Convertible 240 = :idb:

Good move, Sir. lol

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 06:38 AM
i will give you a ride next season. i should have my new car done.

Sounds good to me.

Tracy
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Y'all are crazy if you think anything other than the person with the most money usually wins any drivers sport. Drifting is the same way. You think Chris Forseberg wins on an amateur budget?

civic95
11-30-2009, 11:26 AM

I agree. DR does take skills though (for 13 seconds at a time anyway). Road Racing takes hours of skills and concentration. Every corner matters.

§treet_§peed
11-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Eh, I like drifting my GMC Sierra 1500XL in the rain... :D

sikfricks
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
i say to each their own its the posers that all the sports have. stock b16 or sohc with 24 slicks that always cracks me up, stock miata or similar and there the fastest around anytrack or "in the cuves", the posers are what give each sport a bad name

§treet_§peed
11-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Everything from yo-yoing to UFC has posers. Every type of sport or activity will always have posers, those are what ruin things. Hell I was called a ricer because I liked going to the drag strip with my civic. But, I didn't brag and say I was the fastest or fast perdio. I just said for what it was it was quick. I mean a internally stock D16y7 with just a CAI, full exhaust w/ a header, and a short throw to run 15 flat with 13's and stock height is pretty quick. I used to have to roll over the line a little then roll back to try and get the spyder gears to lock so i wouldn't burn the right tire off when I launched at 3k-3500 RPMS. Cause I didn't have LSD.

RedEj8
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I would much rather drive around Road Atlanta at high speeds than drift.
I like both, however I am partial to road racing myself. Maybe because I worked for a Koni Challenge team. :dunno:

imprtguy_94
11-30-2009, 12:53 PM

no freakin shit man i agree with ya on that. both sports do take skill though everyone has their own prefrence. i like drag racing and road myself.

Nick Jeezy
11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Y'all are crazy if you think anything other than the person with the most money usually wins any drivers sport. Drifting is the same way. You think Chris Forseberg wins on an amateur budget?

oh i understand, but to do it at the local level then its cheeper.

Tracy
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
oh i understand, but to do it at the local level then its cheeper.Oh not directed at you babes. The other guys saying drag racing is all about money. All driving sports end up being about money at a higher level.

JJSPEC Racing
11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh not directed at you babes. The other guys saying drag racing is all about money. All driving sports end up being about money at a higher level.

You are correct!

ahmonrah
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
All the motorsports require skills that the average person doesn't have, and with that I respect the drivers in said motorsports. As a "barely above" average driver, I'd participate in all (drift-drag-road) to sharpen my personal skills. So I don't knock any of the motorsports.

blaknoize
11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not a drifter, but I have a friend whos passion is to do it professionally. Driving a 240 with a 1 way diff. Its fun. If I had the car to do it with I would probably try it out. I dont have a problem with anybody that has passion for their said hobby.

blaknoize
11-30-2009, 10:16 PM
its like I'm Buzzkillington.... ugh