PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump fuse

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
my fuel pump fuse keeps poping am driving the dwon the road when the fuse pops does anybody know what its doing this i already checked all my wiring and still cant find the problem can the problem be inside the car or engine wise?

CaTcH22
11-29-2009, 10:58 AM
The fuel pump could be going out. The resistance might be getting too high and pulling too many amps and blowing the fuse.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 10:59 AM
you've got a short somewhere on the power side, trace all wires under the carpet all the way to the pump.

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 10:59 AM
what do you mean going out?

punkr6
11-29-2009, 11:00 AM
you've got a short somewhere on the power side, trace all wires under the carpet all the way to the pump.

The fuel pump could be going out. The resistance might be getting too high and pulling too many amps and blowing the fuse.

^^ this too, check with meter if if you got one...

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 11:01 AM
i already did i have some wires that touched ground so i taped them and it still keeps poping the fuse

punkr6
11-29-2009, 11:01 AM
i already did i have some wires that touched ground so i taped them and it still keeps poping the fuse

you obviously missed something... You need to at the least use but connectors, not tape....

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
i have spend two entire days checking all my wires so i think i found the problem and fix it but next thing you know am drving down the road and my car turns off because the fuse pop

punkr6
11-29-2009, 11:06 AM
i have spend two entire days checking all my wires so i think i found the problem and fix it but next thing you know am drving down the road and my car turns off because the fuse pop

sorry dude, I can't fix it from here. You gotta do the leg work:lmfao:

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
thanks bro for helping

ClipseFiend
11-29-2009, 11:15 AM
hey, try looking moving the fuse up another size, like the others said, could be too much resistance going through fuse, so if go up another size it might take care of the problem, temporary fix anyways, til you can find the problem.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
hey, try looking moving the fuse up another size, like the others said, could be too much resistance going through fuse, so if go up another size it might take care of the problem, temporary fix anyways, til you can find the problem.

what ever you do DO NOT DO THIS ^^^^you will fry something else. fix the problem right....

CaTcH22
11-29-2009, 11:30 AM
If it takes a while for it to blow the fuse then it might not be a straight short, but if you have two wires that are bare and close to each other then a bump in the road could cause them to touch. Just speculating though. I bet that you have harmed the brushes or the armature in the fuel pump though.

CaTcH22
11-29-2009, 11:31 AM
what ever you do DO NOT DO THIS ^^^^you will fry something else. fix the problem right....
x 60 bigillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barefoot
11-29-2009, 12:31 PM
do not do this. i repeat do not do this. u have a short someplace still.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 12:33 PM
do not do this. i repeat do not do this. u have a short someplace still.

I think i read this somewhere before...hummmmm

Echonova
11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Running a aftermarket fuel pump? I had a similar problem in my S13. Aftermarket fuel pump, drawing more power than a stock unit + Pulling threw 18 year old wires = Not so good power wire. Started out as a intermittent problem. Bypassed stock wiring with thicker gauge wire, it's all gravy now.

Barefoot
11-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I think i read this somewhere before...hummmmmsome things need to be reinforeced big time.

punkr6
11-29-2009, 12:49 PM
some things need to be reinforeced big time.

damn it man, you linked me with that fucked up post, delete that shit...

Barefoot
11-29-2009, 01:20 PM
damn it man, you linked me with that fucked up post, delete that shit...there do u feel better now. i think its time for your meds.

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
found the problem some wire were touching in the engine thanks ppl for the help

punkr6
11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
found the problem some wire were touching in the engine thanks ppl for the help

:goodjob: good thing you listened to us and not that bad bigger fuse guy huh...

Barefoot
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
Folks don't ever believe it till there car is on fire or 100% DOA QUOTE=punkr6;38557188]:goodjob: good thing you listened to us and not that bad bigger fuse guy huh...[/QUOTE]

CaTcH22
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
:goodjob:

shadowx3
11-29-2009, 10:03 PM
yea i know that would cause a fire or something if i did that but thanks ppl for helping me out

plasto1
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
:goodjob: good thing you listened to us and not that bad bigger fuse guy huh...

hey you are not right all the time either its called advice not bash the hell out of some one who had an idea so you said your peace in your reply to what he said this is uncalled for -rep for you my friend

punkr6
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
hey you are not right all the time either its called advice not bash the hell out of some one who had an idea so you said your peace in your reply to what he said this is uncalled for -rep for you my friend

he gave really bad advice, and could have caused a lot of damage. you have no point here.... lol at your -neg rep me :lmfao:

Barefoot
11-30-2009, 02:22 PM
hey you are not right all the time either its called advice not bash the hell out of some one who had an idea so you said your peace in your reply to what he said this is uncalled for -rep for you my friendlol next time u have an issue like this stick a bigger fuse in. then sit back an see what happens. with the response he gave he had no business giving advice period.

plasto1
11-30-2009, 02:25 PM
he gave really bad advice, and could have caused a lot of damage. you have no point here.... lol at your -neg rep me :lmfao:

my ponit is lay off people who give there advice say its wrong if it is and let it go dont bring it up after the the issues is found like a jerk. oh and i really could care less how you feel about your -rep

punkr6
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
my ponit is lay off people who give there advice say its wrong if it is and let it go dont bring it up after the the issues is found like a jerk. oh and i really could care less how you feel about your -rep

enjoy your green dot. it is running away from you as we speak....lol

plasto1
11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
to both you punkr6 and barefoot your both right bad advice hopefully he learns from his mistakes and does not give any more of it. All i am saying here is when when someone is wrong say it then be done with it. never said it was not bad advice cause it was, just saying lay off bashing poeple for being dum we were all there once.

punkr6
11-30-2009, 02:39 PM
to both you punkr6 and barefoot your both right bad advice hopefully he learns from his mistakes and does not give any more of it. All i am saying here is when when someone is wrong say it then be done with it. never said it was not bad advice cause it was, just saying lay off bashing poeple for being dum we were all there once.

back peddling are we, I never bashed anyone....

Barefoot
11-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Since when is saying samebody was wrong bashing.

Edit: still learning how to type on this phone.

punkr6
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Since when is saying somebody was wrong bashing.

noobs

plasto1
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
back peddling are we, I never bashed anyone....

no if i was i would be tring to kiss up to you which i would never do. oh and i say bash cause four poeple say the say thing and then in the end some brings it back up in a neg. way that to me is bashing them

oh and punkr6 you have never giving bad advice or advice that was wrong?

punkr6
11-30-2009, 02:48 PM
no if i was i would be tring to kiss up to you which i would never do. oh and i say bash cause four poeple say the say thing and then in the end some brings it back up in a neg. way that to me is bashing them

oh and punkr6 you have never giving bad advice or advice that was wrong?

yea, but I didn't neg rep and cry about it....You need to stay out of the tech forums....

plasto1
11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
yea, but I didn't neg rep and cry about it....You need to stay out of the tech forums....

again whos crying umm i -reped you for treating some one like trash when they were wrong. bare foot your a cool guy you have given a lot of good advice which helped a lot. to say some one is wrong is fine when you bring up them being wrong after the fact is like throwing sand in the eyes and calling them dum. i never said he was right say to put a bigger fuse in cause i am a noob and even i know that wrong and i am new to all things todo with a car i admint that but damn hope i never mess up and give bad advice. oh and punkr6 i will be the biger man and say you were right its not bashing you were not bashing poor wording. my bad just dont like seeing people who are learning crushed like that.

punkr6
11-30-2009, 03:01 PM
again whos crying umm i -reped you for treating some one like trash when they were wrong. bare foot your a cool guy you have given a lot of good advice which helped a lot. to say some one is wrong is fine when you bring up them being wrong after the fact is like throwing sand in the eyes and calling them dum. i never he was right say to put a bigger fuse in cause i am a noob and all things car i admint i am but damn hope i never mess up and give bad advice. oh and punkr6 i will be the biger man and say you were right its not bashing you were not bashing poor wording. my bad just dont like seeing people who are learning crushed like that.

Please stay out of the TECH forums bigger man, is that nice enough...?

plasto1
11-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Please stay out of the TECH forums bigger man, is that nice enough...?

only be here if i need help never going to give any cause its be bad when i get a chance i will + rep you for understanbding my noobness:doh: