PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!!!

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 12:55 AM
Alright, my car just started acting up today, i was driving for a while and my warlboro 255 pump started humming extremely loud, then my car bogs down like its getting too much fuel or too less. My turbo starts to spool but it feels like it just looses all power when it spools, What do you think? Is it not getting enough or is it dumping too much, the pump is def working over time, and i can smell fuel inside the car. And when i start up the car and drive at first it dont do it, it only starts after about ten mins of driving. PLEASE HELP!! Its my daily so i need it back on track very soon.

JJSPEC Racing
11-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Had a car in the shop the other day with the same symptoms and the sock on the fuel pump had so much stuff on it (from a dirty tank) that the pump could not pump any fuel inside of it. We cleaned the tank and fixed the dirty sock and it was back to good again. Definately sounds like it is fuel related. Have you just installed the pump? Check to make sure it is sitting down in the tank properly. I have seen them installed where they were out of the fuel at a half tank of gas, and so the guy thinks he has plenty of fuel but the pump cant get any of it.

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
^ thanks man! But if my sock is dirty, wouldnt it do it all the time?? It seems like it only does it when it gets warmed up or something, I can drive for a long time then the humming just gets louder and louder then it starts loosing all power. My placement is good im almost on E now and its pumping fuel, oh yeah my pump is a Warlbro 255 so would that even have a sock??

tdurr
11-29-2009, 06:35 PM
hmm sounds like wuts going on with my car but it only happens after i get on it for like 10+ seconds....

does it attempt to die when you let it idle?

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 06:37 PM
^ No its idles fine but once the turbo thinks about spooling it just fells like something is just pulling it back.

Echonova
11-29-2009, 06:46 PM
It should have a sock on it. If you pull the pump to check (easy 10min job) do yourself a favor and get a new O-ring from Nissan. It's like $12, otherwise you will smell gas every time you drive. The old O-ring will expand as soon as you pull the cover.

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 06:57 PM
yeah i smell it now, ill def do that, Ill check it tomorrow and see if its dirty. Hope that all its is lol.

Echonova
11-29-2009, 07:01 PM

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
^thanks so much!

CaTcH22
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
^ thanks man! But if my sock is dirty, wouldnt it do it all the time?? It seems like it only does it when it gets warmed up or something, I can drive for a long time then the humming just gets louder and louder then it starts loosing all power. My placement is good im almost on E now and its pumping fuel, oh yeah my pump is a Warlbro 255 so would that even have a sock??
If the sock is only partially clogged then it may take a while to act up. But what happens is the sock closes against the bottom of the pump and cavitates, especially when its tryin to pump extra fuel under boost.

TougeGTR-33
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
^ Thanks man! Im trying that tomorrow.

TougeGTR-33
12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
thanks everyone! i pulled out my fuel pump and it was a clogged sock.