PDA

View Full Version : too FAT to graduate from college?

PRO®
11-28-2009, 11:15 PM
"According to the recently instituted requirement, university students with a body mass index (BMI) over 30 will have to take a physical education class in order to receive their diploma.This year's senior class is the first to be affected by the requirement. About 80 students have not yet met the mandate, according to school officials."

rest of story here :lmfao:

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/business/article_212270195.shtml

amandDA
11-28-2009, 11:46 PM
haha! thats funny

DB4LYFE ™
11-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Fud up... Im fat! lol

~DB4LYFE

Got Milk?
11-29-2009, 01:01 AM
about time they did this.

antiv6
11-29-2009, 05:04 PM
like college pe classes would help them at all, in my pe class we worked out for 30 mins a week lmao

Sol-Badguy
11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
like college pe classes would help them at all, in my pe class we worked out for 30 mins a week lmao
:lmao:

SLo_MKIII
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
funny... but something kinda needs to be done i saw like a 7yr old girl the other day that looked to be a good 150lbs

RL...
11-29-2009, 06:20 PM
There need to be more restrictions for fat ppl in general. They take up too much space in this world, literally.

FAM0U5
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
There need to be more restrictions for fat ppl in general. They take up too much space in this world, literally.

so does ur car... :ninja:

RL...
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
so does ur car... :ninja:

i know :(

Some guy came up to me the other day @ taco mac and was like "oh he that's a nice honduh accord you got thurr"....I was like :doh::(

FAM0U5
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
i know :(

Some guy came up to me the other day @ taco mac and was like "oh he that's a nice honduh accord you got thurr"....I was like :doh::(

lol.. was it evan? lol jk:cheers:

hkwe36
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Thats a good requirment

RedEj8
11-30-2009, 01:39 AM

I duno.. I had to take a PE class and a jogging class was the only one available so I took it.. I lost 15 pounds this semester not even trying. Run about 3 or 4 miles twice a week(worked my way up from 1-2 miles) and haven't changed how I eat or my drinking habits one bit. Maybe it comes easy for me though.. Exercise doesn't take up much of your time...the time that you would use sitting around being fat, doing nothing.

This reminds me of the laws in Japan where it is illegal to be fat..We need something like this here IMO.

Firefightin_tC
11-30-2009, 01:48 AM
Put down the pizza fatty.

AnthonyF
11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Good. I will enjoy the bitching and complaining from all those fat fucks.

-Ant.

xxbckiexx
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
fucking right!

allout13
11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
stupid in my opinion.
are they actually going to weigh and measure every graduating student?
if not, then whats the point? every student who is over the limit can just lie about their weight.
forcing the students to take the class wouldnt help everybody. You have to want to change. Otherwise anyone who might lose a little bit of weight during the class will just gain it right back afterwords.

I would not graduate right now. 6'4" 250lbs bmi of 30.4 but if I lost four pounds I would. I am trying to lose weight, but that should be my decision

Bajjani
11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Some people would actually feel great after working out and be motivated just from the fact they lost weight to begin with. So if it helps one who gives a shit about the others. If they want motivation, do a little bit a research on health problems, look in a mirror if they aren't happy with their appearance because of weight thats good motivation there.

xxbckiexx
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
stupid in my opinion.
are they actually going to weigh and measure every graduating student?
if not, then whats the point? every student who is over the limit can just lie about their weight.
forcing the students to take the class wouldnt help everybody. You have to want to change. Otherwise anyone who might lose a little bit of weight during the class will just gain it right back afterwords.

I would not graduate right now. 6'4" 250lbs bmi of 30.4 but if I lost four pounds I would. I am trying to lose weight, but that should be my decision

There is no such thing as "Trying" to lose weight. It's like "Trying" to quit smoking. Either you do it, or you don't. PERIOD. However, Lincoln university sending out fat graduates sends a message their school promotes laziness. Which clearly is not the message they'd like to send. So, in short, it is your decision whether you want to graduate, or you don't want to graduate, you porky fuck.

allout13
11-30-2009, 04:26 PM
There is no such thing as "Trying" to lose weight. It's like "Trying" to quit smoking. Either you do it, or you don't. PERIOD. However, Lincoln university sending out fat graduates sends a message their school promotes laziness. Which clearly is not the message they'd like to send. So, in short, it is your decision whether you want to graduate, or you don't want to graduate, you porky fuck.

If you change your diet and exercise more then what might you be doing? trying to lose weight

You make it sound as if Lincoln University has more fat people graduating the university than others. So maybe all colleges are sending the same message? wrong. Lincoln is a public institution. What gives them the right to discriminate against people because of their size?
plus, body mass index is a poor way to tell who is fat and who is not.
ie: Antonio Gates: bmi of 32.0

http://bolttalk.com/images/chargersvcolts01.jpg

what a porky fuck
he's probably lazy. he needs a phys ed class

Some people would actually feel great after working out and be motivated just from the fact they lost weight to begin with. So if it helps one who gives a shit about the others. If they want motivation, do a little bit a research on health problems, look in a mirror if they aren't happy with their appearance because of weight thats good motivation there.

good point

§treet_§peed
11-30-2009, 04:36 PM
I can see potential law suits coming from this.

roxie911
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure that's considered discrimination.

Just throwing that out there.

blaknoize
11-30-2009, 06:14 PM
they could make a game show out of it, THEN people would WANT to lose weight.

Jecht
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM

I know right? In my class, we spent like 15min outside jogging and the rest would be occupied with all the students drooling while asleep on the desks.

§treet_§peed
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I know right? In my class, we spent like 15min outside jogging and the rest would be occupied with all the students drooling while asleep on the desks.Shit we had to do a work out for the first 20 minutes of the class. then either play basket ball, un/jog, or play baseball for the rest of the period. If you didn't you would fail.

xxbckiexx
11-30-2009, 09:55 PM
If you change your diet and exercise more then what might you be doing? trying to lose weight

You make it sound as if Lincoln University has more fat people graduating the university than others. So maybe all colleges are sending the same message? wrong. Lincoln is a public institution. What gives them the right to discriminate against people because of their size?
plus, body mass index is a poor way to tell who is fat and who is not.
ie: Antonio Gates: bmi of 32.0

http://bolttalk.com/images/chargersvcolts01.jpg

what a porky fuck
he's probably lazy. he needs a phys ed class

good point

you can make all the excuses for being fat that you'd like. It's not going to get any sympathy from me or anyone else. Porky.

nismo_92
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
LOL

PRO®
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
you can make all the excuses for being fat that you'd like. It's not going to get any sympathy from me or anyone else. Porky.

Lol, x2. Nobody wants to hear about exceptions to the rule

PRO®
11-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Pretty sure that's considered discrimination.

Just throwing that out there.

What? They are trying to do fat people a favor, by introducing healthier living, and its discrimnation? Lol, oh lawd

Think of it as intervention, not discrimination lolol

roxie911
12-01-2009, 12:14 AM
What? They are trying to do fat people a favor, by introducing healthier living, and its discrimnation? Lol, oh lawd

Think of it as intervention, not discrimination lolol

You think they're gonna change their lifestyle because some teachers told them to take a couple gym classes?? No, they're gonna do it JUST to graduate. It's not gonna change anything because they're not gonna be doing it for themselves, they're gonna be doing it because someone else wants them to. You can't make that big of a change and stick with it unless YOU want to change.

And it is discrimination. It's denying someone their education/diploma because of how they look. That's like telling an ugly girl that she can't graduate until she puts on some makeup. I mean, really??

Catnip
12-01-2009, 12:18 AM
They'll get even fatter after college.

Firefightin_tC
12-01-2009, 02:27 AM
For the most part, being big is a choice which can easily be fixed when a person has finally reached a point in their life when they want to chance the way they live.

Until then...eat it up, Porky.

PRO®
12-01-2009, 03:10 AM
And it is discrimination. It's denying someone their cheeseburger because of how they look. That's like telling an ugly girl that she can't graduate until she puts on some makeup. I mean, really??

:ninja:

Your example was horrible by the way. Makeup doesn't fix being ugly, being ugly Is NOT one of the leading causes of death in America, and like someone else said, being fat is a choice for most people(meaning yes, there is a small percentage who actually have a "thyroid problem")...a choice to keep consuming food/not exercise...being ugly is not a choice. And if I didn't mention it already, that was a hooorrrrible analogy. 300,000 people in the US die yearly from obesity. Never heard of any health risks involved with being ugly.

Bajjani
12-01-2009, 08:28 AM
Who wants to go get me a supersized meal with a diet coke? I'm trying to lose weight.

roxie911
12-01-2009, 09:24 AM
:ninja:

Your example was horrible by the way. Makeup doesn't fix being ugly, being ugly Is NOT one of the leading causes of death in America, and like someone else said, being fat is a choice for most people(meaning yes, there is a small percentage who actually have a "thyroid problem")...a choice to keep consuming food/not exercise...being ugly is not a choice. And if I didn't mention it already, that was a hooorrrrible analogy. 300,000 people in the US die yearly from obesity. Never heard of any health risks involved with being ugly.

Uhm, that was a really SMALL part of my main point...which was you can't change someone if they themselves do not want to change. Yes, it was a horrible example to prove a point that you can't deny someone's education/diploma based on their looks.

discrimination: treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Yes, this is discrimination.

Bajjani
12-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Uhm, that was a really SMALL part of my main point...which was you can't change someone if they themselves do not want to change. Yes, it was a horrible example to prove a point that you can't deny someone's education/diploma based on their looks.

discrimination: treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit.

Yes, this is discrimination.

Maybe it will motivate them to get off their ass and save their own life? Maybe after working out some of them WILL continue? So if you fail a fat kid in PE in elementary school because he cant run because hes fat, how is it different really, he isn't going to graduate without being able to complete it. They can make it real easy to get around that, make everyone take a PE class and part of the goal of the PE class is to reach a certain body fat %. Those above it have to continue for X months or until it is reached. The others pass. Problem solved, its not discrimination, its a new school requirement.

roxie911
12-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Maybe it will motivate them to get off their ass and save their own life? Maybe after working out some of them WILL continue? So if you fail a fat kid in PE in elementary school because he cant run because hes fat, how is it different really, he isn't going to graduate without being able to complete it. They can make it real easy to get around that, make everyone take a PE class and part of the goal of the PE class is to reach a certain body fat %. Those above it have to continue for X months or until it is reached. The others pass. Problem solved, its not discrimination, its a new school requirement.

Some of them might, yes. It's discrimination because they're only making the "obese kids" take it. I thought of this the first time too, but I went back and read it again and if they were making every kid take it for the same amount of time as everyone else, then yes, it would be fine. But they're not.

EJ25RUN
12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I can see potential law suits coming from this.

This is true.

McDonalds will be pissed.

thepolecat
12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
yeah Im fat and my pe class in college didnt help- I took bowling- so cheap beer and fried food along with alot of sitting- I LOVED THAT PE CLASS!!!

§treet_§peed
12-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm 6' tall and I weigh from 160-170 lbs. I don't know why but I seem to fluctuate when it comes to my weight. Last year when I was in perfect shape and had been working out everyday for the past two years and go into bodybuilding. I guess I would qualify as fat too. I weighed 182-188 lbs and at 6' tall that makes your BMI really high if your not taller. I don't remember what my percentage was because I only got it tested once. So if I were there, I guess I would of been considered out of shape and fat. Even though I could run two miles up hill with 60 pounds of weight on me in a back pack and five pound weights on each wrist and ankle in under 12 minutes, I worked out everyday, I had nice muscular definition, hell even had a descent six pack. Well fuck me running I guess.

Bajjani
12-01-2009, 04:08 PM
I could run two miles up hill with 60 pounds of weight on me in a back pack and five pound weights on each wrist and ankle in under 12 minutes

I don't know you, maybe its true, but I call bullshit. 6 minute miles usually means you're in somewhat of good shape but I think I take this statement as seriously as old people walking up hill in the snow both way to school.

At least thats what QD told me he use to do.

§treet_§peed
12-01-2009, 10:52 PM
A six minute miles is not that hard if you have been running everyday for two years. I promise you that. If you train as hard as I did at that time and for that long you could do it too. I used to be in really great shape. Then, I got lazy again and said fuck it.

Bajjani
12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
A six minute miles is not that hard if you have been running everyday for two years. I promise you that. If you train as hard as I did at that time and for that long you could do it too. I used to be in really great shape. Then, I got lazy again and said fuck it.

I think you misread what i said. I said 6 minutes mile is okay shape

My fastest is 5:20 durin preseason senior year...i just don't think you can carry that much weight up hill 2 miles in under 12 min. I was challenging you to that, not a 6 min mile

§treet_§peed
12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I think you misread what i said. I said 6 minutes mile is okay shape

My fastest is 5:20 durin preseason senior year...i just don't think you can carry that much weight up hill 2 miles in under 12 min. I was challenging you to that, not a 6 min mileMaybe I did, but it still goes along with what I was saying. I wasn't trying to loose all my weight, just keeping in shape. I was working on building size. Running helped me keep the fat shaved off. But with the training I put myself through you can run that long. I felt like a bitch after words, but I did it. I would start off my work out with stretching for about twenty minutes or more. Just until I felt limbered up good. Then jog for about five minutes on a treadmill, go into my work out, then after my workout I would do my running. I found that you burn up more fat if you save your work running until after your workout. But too much running will cause you to start loosing muscle mass. Also, a six minute mile is pretty good unless your six feet tall and 120lb's like those sprint runner guys lol.

SLOWR/T
12-01-2009, 11:25 PM
So I'm just wondering how many people in this thread that aren't "fat", smoke? I think if their going to do something about people that are out of shape they need to do the same to those that smoke. Its unhealthy and does more than just one person harm. If I'm on the sidewalk eating a double cheese burger its not hurting anyone but me but if someone is standing next to me smoking then their effecting me and anyone around them. Just some food for the thought.

§treet_§peed
12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
So I'm just wondering how many people in this thread that aren't "fat", smoke? I think if their going to do something about people that are out of shape they need to do the same to those that smoke. Its unhealthy and does more than just one person harm. If I'm on the sidewalk eating a double cheese burger its not hurting anyone but me but if someone is standing next to me smoking then their effecting me and anyone around them. Just some food for the thought.I am glad i quit smoke over two years ago. But however, I do enjoy a nice black and mild or a fine cigar on a rare occasion. Like on my past two b-days while drinking with co-workers on my 21st I bought a single black and mild. I didn't know it until after I already bought it but the District Sales Rep. where I used to work and brought a $200 Cuban cigar to give me on my b-day to smoke lol.