PDA

View Full Version : What to do with an incorrect ticket?

3kgtdrvr
10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone, im not even sure this is even in the right section and if not please move, but I have a ticket question. I recently got into an accident where I made a left turn on a green light and I thought the car was in the turning lane when she wasnt and we got into an accident. They are looking into the fact that she came out of the turning lane and also had a sprained ankle so she couldn't stop, because she didnt even try to stop when she hit me. Either way i got a ticket for failure to yeild. When I called to see how much I should bring to pay the ticket the lady said I had to go to court. I later found out this was because the ticket was coded for a failure to yeild to an emergincy vehicle, which was not what happened. On the ticket where he wrote the name of the offense the cop simply wrote failure to yield and says nothing about an emergency vehicle. It also has that it caused an accident on the ticket. The police report for the accident also says nothing about an emergency vehicle where the cop wrote the discription of the accident and simply says failure to yeild to traffic and also has the code for the offense written on the accident report and that code is for a SOUND VIOLATION. The cop just made a clerical error when he wrote down the code on the ticket. I mean I know im gonna plead not guilty because the ticket is wrong but i was wondering if anyone has any advice or legal knowledge about this. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!