PDA

View Full Version : cleaning windows...

JTM
11-27-2009, 12:48 PM
ok so i want to tint my windows, but it got like water stains and crap on it...i tried windex, didnt work...whats a good window cleaner? i know i know stupid post but anything would help...

MachNU
11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
ok so i want to tint my windows, but it got like water stains and crap on it...i tried windex, didnt work...whats a good window cleaner? i know i know stupid post but anything would help...

on the outside of the window? those probably arent water stains, there acid marks. which in that case only way to possible fix them is to , use a razor blade to clean the window, or #0000 steel wool, but most likely your going to need to have your window buffed.

but again if your tinting the windows why worry about those? unless somehow you managed to get it on the inside some how.

JTM
11-28-2009, 02:19 AM
on the outside of the window? those probably arent water stains, there acid marks. which in that case only way to possible fix them is to , use a razor blade to clean the window, or #0000 steel wool, but most likely your going to need to have your window buffed.

but again if your tinting the windows why worry about those? unless somehow you managed to get it on the inside some how.

damn it is on the outside...i know i wanna get it tinted but it just annoys the crap out of me..thanks though

JJSPEC Racing
11-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Try some cleaner wax, that stuff is amazing.

88civic_hatc
11-28-2009, 07:00 PM
pour gas on your car and light it on fire it should take of that stain on ur glass

Schugg
11-28-2009, 08:22 PM
haha this made me laugh...but razor did the trick for me to get everything off the outside. isnt really hard to do, just a pain. every once in a while the razor gripped into the window somehow and left a cut/gouge mark

MachNU
11-28-2009, 08:42 PM
haha this made me laugh...but razor did the trick for me to get everything off the outside. isnt really hard to do, just a pain. every once in a while the razor gripped into the window somehow and left a cut/gouge mark

LOL you where doing it at to high of an angle with to much pressure. Literally run the blade over the window at about 30-40 degree's with a cleaner solution.

Though buffing is still the easiest and fastest way to get it done! :D