PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new computer

j0nbunklah0m
11-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Im about to be in the market for a new computer soon. I basically just need a computer that will be able to smoothly play all of the new games and basic browsing and a tv connect. My budget will be roughly 600$... Any suggestions? or anyone know of good deals coming out black friday that i should hop on? thanks!:goodjob:

Mk3Jesse
11-25-2009, 01:18 AM
watch slickdeals.

but chances are if your budget is $600.00 you wont really find something that "smoothly" plays newer games and has a tv tuner etc.
but you will find some decent deals for around $600.00 that you can upgrade the video card in, or add a tuner card when you have the funds.
-Jesse

guinness
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
check out www.woot.com as well.

civicturbo10
11-25-2009, 12:37 PM
check BF ad for frys and see of you find something you like and upgrade vid card to your liking. Dell is decent choice too, they should have some sales going on..

j0nbunklah0m
11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
thanks for the advice. guess i'll keep an eye out on slickdeals

DemonEyez
11-25-2009, 11:27 PM
check BF ad for frys and see of you find something you like and upgrade vid card to your liking. Dell is decent choice too, they should have some sales going on..

if u wanna play games stay far away from dells.

anything in their 600$ range comes with a 220 or 240watt power supply. u cant upgrade the video cards in those.

but check slickdeals.net or fatwallet.com

some sites had some gateways or Hp's that were amazing gaming machines for 699 or so.

specs were corei7 920.
6gb ddr3 ram
1gb hd 4870 video card
500gb hard drive
etc

deals gone now i think but u can always look itup

TheProfiteer
11-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I can build you a great PC for $600, it will play anything you throw at it, but this is just the PC, no monitor or other peripherals.

Mk3Jesse
11-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I can build you a great PC for $600, it will play anything you throw at it, but this is just the PC, no monitor or other peripherals.

Yeah, so can any one else that can build a computer :P

TheProfiteer
11-26-2009, 04:04 PM

yup, me or you, or the thousands of other peeps who know how to assemble PCs could show homeboy here the ropes so that he never has to buy a POS Dell or HP again.

Self Built PCs FTMFW

Mk3Jesse
11-26-2009, 04:14 PM
yup, me or you, or the thousands of other peeps who know how to assemble PCs could show homeboy here the ropes so that he never has to buy a POS Dell or HP again.

Self Built PCs FTMFW
agreed.
you can even pick up a mid level machine used if you watch ebay/craigslist

grizz311
11-26-2009, 07:01 PM
theres a GREAT deal on newegg for black friday. All you need is your own monitor. here's the link man
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229129&Tpk=83-229-129

Mk3Jesse
11-26-2009, 07:10 PM
that is really not that great of a deal.

The video card that is in there will need to be upgraded to play anything really lol

grizz311
11-26-2009, 07:15 PM
hmmm true, but it's only 400 bucks.. Seems like it would work fine for everyday stuff with 4 gigs of ram and 500 gb hard drive. I think that vid card could play at least Half life 2 and maybe some newer games.. Prolly no Crysis tho

Mk3Jesse
11-26-2009, 07:44 PM
hmmm true, but it's only 400 bucks.. Seems like it would work fine for everyday stuff with 4 gigs of ram and 500 gb hard drive. I think that vid card could play at least Half life 2 and maybe some newer games.. Prolly no Crysis tho
well if your just doing day to day things, sure. its a ok deal.
But if you actually plan on using it and want anything out of it, that's a really cheaply made computer from what it looked like.
And it was a really cheaply made micro atx and ps. from what it looked like.

David88vert
11-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I have always built my own computers, and all have been great performers. I never liked buying pre-built computers, except for laptops. That said, I just bought my first HP, and like it a lot. It had everything I wanted, plus a little more. Not the best for gaming, but I don't really do any gaming anymore. Most of my stuff is simple graphics or code related, and it does than with ease.

Mk3Jesse
11-27-2009, 02:42 PM
I have always built my own computers, and all have been great performers. I never liked buying pre-built computers, except for laptops. That said, I just bought my first HP, and like it a lot. It had everything I wanted, plus a little more. Not the best for gaming, but I don't really do any gaming anymore. Most of my stuff is simple graphics or code related, and it does than with ease.

yeah there really is nothing wrong with pre-builds.
I have bought a xps 420 and a few other dell's that were in the outlet.
I remember the 420 was a intell q6600, 4gb ram, 8800 GT, and it was like $500.00 free shipping. You couldnt, an probably still cant build that computer for that much. The difference is the quality of parts, upgradibility, and overclocking.

iam99x
12-04-2009, 09:33 AM

Self Built PCs FTMFW

agreed.
you can even pick up a mid level machine used if you watch ebay/craigslist

well if your just doing day to day things, sure. its a ok deal.
But if you actually plan on using it and want anything out of it, that's a really cheaply made computer from what it looked like.
And it was a really cheaply made micro atx and ps. from what it looked like.

Listen to these guys.

My current PC:
CPU: e8400 Wolfdale @ 3.71GHz
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L
RAM: Patriot 2GB DDR2800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
GPU: Galaxy GeForce 9800GT
PSU: Corsair 650w

Cheap, easy, and runs whatever I want.

Watercooling is next! I'm shooting for 4.4+GHz.:crazy: