PDA

View Full Version : headers and exhaust gaskets

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
just got greddy evo 2 exhaust and im going to be putting it on while still using my b18c1 stock MANIFOLD ( just fixed it so QD pussy won't hurt so much...)

EDIT. Found out it is not full exhaust. It's catback exhast. Sow can anoone help me with the number and type of gaskets I'm going to need. I will put all new gasher on the greddy Evo 2

So number of gaskets I need and what are they called!?!

Thanx for the help

i hear that stock at the end of the headers is 2.25 and my greddy exhauust is 2.50
how many gaskets am i going to need and dont i still put my stock cat converter on???????????

details i can use all the help i can get\

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 02:55 AM
5 views no help
cool.

Sir_Christopher
11-24-2009, 03:23 AM
well you will need the header gasket that connects to the head

and you will need a doughnut gasket that connects the flandges, and im sure you can find a way to get the stock cat to work, or find an aftermarket one that you can use. then i believe 2 more, for the cat to the piping, and then one more for when you put the rest on. unless its just the header..

so if that, just straight pipe if from the cat, back. and if its to loud, keep the resinator and pipe it from there

Echonova
11-24-2009, 05:48 AM
just got greddy evo 2 exhaust and im going to be putting it on while still using my b18c1 stock headers

i hear that stock at the end of the headers is 2.25 and my greddy exhauust is 2.50
how many gaskets am i going to need and dont i still put my stock cat converter on???????????

5 views no help
cool.You're welcome.

AnthonyF
11-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Generally when you buy a header, it will come with gaskets. Just buy a exhaust manifold gasket, and if it's a flush mount fit for the bottom of the header, you can use red hi temp gasket maker.

-Ant.

blacknightteg
11-24-2009, 06:18 AM
i was running stock headers with my evo2 catback for years before i got an rmf header and there wasnt any issue.

Barefoot
11-24-2009, 06:19 AM
You're welcome.
x2

quickdodgeŽ
11-24-2009, 06:48 AM
my b18c1 stock headers

For one you only have one header. Also, you don't have a stock header. Hope that helps some.

i was running stock headers

Hmmm. How did you manage that? Lolol. Later, QD.

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 02:50 PM
For one you only have one header. Also, you don't have a stock header. Hope that helps some.

They came stock on the car.(the headER) so i'd call it stock.

Im not a fuckin genius qd. And your also not my daddy some
Don't corret me lol. Later QD

southside
11-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Don't corret me lol. Later QDLol guessing hes trying to get tech. if your car is stock you don't have a header you have a exhaust manifold.:D:D:D

cm7k24
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM

haha i was scrolling down and waiting to see when QD jumped on the headerS subject

quickdodgeŽ
11-24-2009, 03:25 PM

Don't corret me lol. Later QD

I'm not dissing you, man. But your car did not come stock with a header. It came stock with an exhaust manifold.

And I could be your Daddy. Later, QD.

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Ya true i didnt about that my bad

But to you being my daddy. Motherfucker fuck u.

Butnill give it to ya that I'd old enough... Even though my pops 12 year older than u.... Lucky u. U got more live lol

Wait LUCkY ME ha! Ha!

I'm not dissing you, man. But your car did not come stock with a header. It came stock with an exhaust manifold.

And I could be your Daddy. Later, QD.

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Pls excuse all typos. Once I start I get going and sometimes the word don't come out tight lol sry but pls help

How man gasgets at what size ya think 2.50? And what are the name of the gaskets if anyone happens to know

Thankyou!!!!

tmracing83
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
I know I could ask autoprts stores like napa advanced and pep boy and none of them even had 2.25in gasket so I wanted to ask my fellow IA's

tmracing83
11-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Dkdndh gsjebdksixgbdjcuctsjwjebrbzjchanqnakkznmqmlqjxjchs kwnxjxb

Someone fuckin help. Pls.