PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Siren Question

teglover101
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
My Integra came with a Viper Keyless entry/alarm/remote start system when i bought it. There are two sirens located beneath each front fender. The alarm/door lock and unlock sounds are a little annoying and outdated. Is there any way to get 2 sirens off of another car and replace them and everything work the same?

Thanks

hybrid90accord
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
"annoying" and "outdated" lol, most alarms arent suppose to be a pleasure to ear. I mean unless you want it to play young jeezy when you lock and unlock the car most siren will sound pretty much the same. Some louder then other depending on the make and size. try radio shack or online:goodjob:.

sina518
11-23-2009, 01:27 PM
i think what he is trying to say is that when he locks and unlocks it the two sirens make 2 diffrent sounds. if that is the case cut the wire to one of the sirens, no need for 2 sirens

sina518
11-23-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www.viper.com/P-516L/Programmable-Voice-System

teglover101
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
i think what he is trying to say is that when he locks and unlocks it the two sirens make 2 diffrent sounds. if that is the case cut the wire to one of the sirens, no need for 2 sirens

Its not so much they make different sounds its that it's "too much" if that makes sense. i dont see a need for a 2 tone chirp to unlock and 1 to lock my car. thats my only problem.

ATL86
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
It's so you can distinguish the difference between the 2, especially if you have a single lock-unlock button on the remote. That would be pretty annoying not knowing whether the car was locked or unlocked if you pressed the button too many times by accident or something...

sina518
11-23-2009, 11:00 PM
your only solution is to just get rid of the siren because however you hook it up it will chirp once for lock and twice for unlock, like it has been stated it is to distinguish the difference. if you dont like the tone you can run it off your factory horns and it will make whatever noise your horn makes.

ATL86
11-24-2009, 05:56 AM
Lord no. The Integra horn is more annoying.

teglover101
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Lord no. The Integra horn is more annoying.

^haha yea it is :D

Scott P
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
your only solution is to just get rid of the siren because however you hook it up it will chirp once for lock and twice for unlock, like it has been stated it is to distinguish the difference. if you dont like the tone you can run it off your factory horns and it will make whatever noise your horn makes.

Sina, That isn't quite true, depending on the model of the alarm some dei alarms have a programmable feature where you can delete the arm and disarm chirps and the sirens are then only activated when the alarm itself is triggered.

sina518
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
i by no means install alarms nor have i ever programmed one so i wouldn't know about the siren features. but im sure the OP is thrilled to know that.

Scott P
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
it's alright Sina, it's a feature that is buried in the programming of the dei alarms that most people don't know about

sina518
11-24-2009, 10:49 PM
thanks scott i learn a new thing everyday

ATL86
11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
If I can recall, if you have an AUX button on the remote, try pressing that, then the lock/unlock button. That should disable chirps, assuming your system is anything like mine was. If all else fails, locate the model number and look up the pdf. manual on Viper's website.

BABY J
11-24-2009, 11:27 PM
My alarm is fully programmable - he can set it for light-flashing only and no audible alert.

teglover101
11-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Sina, That isn't quite true, depending on the model of the alarm some dei alarms have a programmable feature where you can delete the arm and disarm chirps and the sirens are then only activated when the alarm itself is triggered.
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: