PDA

View Full Version : Misc anyone been to colorado where did u stay

Donati03gt
11-22-2009, 12:14 PM
been wanting go go my whole life and figured what the hell im going...

where did u stay what was included, looking to ski/snowboard.

any type of all inclusive deals yall know about.

planing on going in feb.

thanks in advance

punkr6
11-22-2009, 12:19 PM
looking to go myself, will read again...

BABY J
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
If you go you will want to stay. It's hands down the best place I have lived (inside of the US).

Donati03gt
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
where should i go ?

ahmonrah
11-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Been to pueblo, rifle, denver and colorado springs. Drove each time and aside from flippin out at the paper thin ass oxygen, I'd say the area I personally loved the most was the pueblo area. Know peeps in pueblo, so hotel was null. But pueblo is at the southern foothills of the Rockys and close to new mexico(relatively speaking) so red rock is common.

But, that said, pueblo I liked, as it was not really a transplant city from what I could tell, and like any city in colorado, the views of the mountain range left me awe struck, just not as breathless, lol!. The mex-food at one restaurant (name eludes me) was the best blend I've ever ate. The place was built in the likeness of an adobe home and was in old town pueblo. One bar I went to at nite was one that was built in an old mechanics garage downtown, still having its bay doors and all, and some of the fixtures were made from car parts (rotors, springs, calipers etc) cheap drinks (smaller town, remember that) and the people were friendly. Needless to say, I got hammered! Being one of the few black people, and definately not a native, I got a lot of love!

On the drive out of pueblo, I stopped at an old but still operational gas station on the New Mexico border, and seen my first true Native American (outside of my grandmother who was half cherokee). she was sitting outside the station in an old metal swing seat thingy, just chilling. When I noticed her on my way into the station to pay for my gas, I was stunned...stared at her amazed at how much she reminded me of my own grandmother, and her being Native american. I smiled, she smiled puffing on a pipe(which shocked me again) and I walked in.

The gas station was so old school, they had the rotary pumps(not digital) and the sliding credit card thing that the clerk gave me a carbon copy reciept.

Either way, New Mexico is equally beautiful, as I chose to avoid Kansas on my way back to atlanta ( Kansas is a fuckin vortex, I swear!! You'll see the same fuckin cow, on the same fuckin hill, under the same fuckin tree for like 12 hours before Kansas let's you leave!! Lol!). But the rock formations made me stop so many times I wanted to extend my trip just to stay in New Mex for a few days. old Route 66 is still there in albuquerque, New Mexico.

Tracy
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
We have been to a lot of the skii mountains in CO. Vail, Breckenridge, Arrapahoe Basin, Keystone, Steamboat.

The best thing to do is to find a private home and rent it out. We always find ours via Google search. If you go with a few people, the price turns out to be pretty good. My favorite place is Vail, but that's because it has a good variety of mountains to skii.

Last year we got very drunk right off the plane at the airport. By the time I got to the house I was WASTED. I ended up blacking out and going out on the shuttles with no jacket on. I peed over a guardrail on teh shuttle line, got kicked out of a restaurant for cussing too loud and got into a fight with a man on the shuttle ride home...literally, throwing fists. I had no recollection of it aside from the pictures the next day. Everyone in the town knew who I was when I went out to skii the next day.

My advice, be careful drinking at first. The altitude will get yo ass with a quickness.

ATL_EG
12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
i havent been in a while, but the vail, golden, breckenridge area are all amazing, you'll never wanna come back.

sprix!
12-06-2009, 08:10 AM
I am from Denver. Lived there for 17 years born and raised. If you are going during the winterish months, definitely head west of Denver and go to the mountains. Estes Park is magic and anything in Red Rocks is also really cool. If downhill skiing isn't quite your speed, cross country skiing is also fun and rewarding.

RandomGuy
12-06-2009, 11:42 PM
stayed at the adams mark in denver in 05, within a 30 minute bus trip to like anywhere

dallasb84
12-07-2009, 01:04 AM
im from colorado.....

i lived in littleton....

if you wanna go snowboarding..... go to keystone/breckinridge there are plenty of tour bus packages that will take you from denver to slopes...... daily.....

or if your a real snowboarder..... go to copper mountain...

you can jump on a bus (drunk or high) ride out...... snowboard, get drunk or high again at the mountain, find a room, wake up and ride some more, get drunk or high once again, and get on a bus and go back to denver.......

oh and for all the faggots that wanna talk shit.... WEED is legal in denver.... up to two oz. so fuck off if you have something bad to say. i dont smoke.

party in LODI its a bit trashy but a great party spot...... estes park is kinda adult like old people..

downtown boulder is the SHIT>>>. worth going there drinkin and stayin the night at some chicks living room.

god i can go on more and more and more.....

colorado springs is gay and full of faggots

Tarzanman
12-28-2009, 10:21 AM
oh and for all the faggots that wanna talk shit.... WEED is legal in denver.... up to two oz. so fuck off if you have something bad to say. i dont smoke.

You're a dumbass.

Simple possession of small quantities (1 oz or less) are legal in certain townships (like Breck, who just decriminalized it a few weeks ago). Display, sale, or use of weed will still get you locked up.

Most mountains are on federal land and which means that you can get arrested for any amount, and when you do, local LEO will hand you off to Feds. Besides that, there is still a STATE law on the books against possession... so Johnny law can still bust you for possession at their discretion and put you in the County system, even if it is decriminalized at the city/town level.

Even if you don't smoke, you should definitely learn to READ.