PDA

View Full Version : Cars Went to U-Drift today

Warlock
11-22-2009, 01:25 AM
I got the run down on u-drift for everyone. I went out there today which was the first day open I believe. It was $75 to run all day and that included a drift license which was basically a walk around of the course/rules, I think the price changes per day im not really sure. It was extremely well organized and safe and there was no asshatery that I saw. Sound has been a big problem so they kept the course fairly wet to keep the complaints down. The reason they have to wet it is because they are on probation for 6 months soo after that time period I think there will be some dry days. There was a dip in the course but it was not too bad, you just have to hit it right and you will be fine. The place is open 7 days a week now which makes it convenient, I think the place is run very well! Tech is pretty basic, if you pass SCCA tech you will pass this. Hope to see you guys out there. Here is a little video, my camera does not do too well but it works. Gots moar to come later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFGRqzwnOM

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2009, 07:31 AM
Doesn't really seem like too much drifting going on. Looks more like just spinning tires through the turns and burning out. Looks like fun, but that doesn't look like drifting. Later, QD.

G.C
11-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Nice car. Sounds nice too.

jhadleyh
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Not trying to hate at all but I find it quite funny that when it's wet out and people are in rwd cars they seem to think the sliding they are doing (on the wet pavement) is *Drifting*.

OhMyGodfather
11-22-2009, 12:19 PM
good enough, i drift and can appreciate what you did haha

better than some people, they usually just do burnouts and call it drifting...

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
better than some people, they usually just do burnouts and call it drifting...

Hmmm. That's exactly what happened in this video. Later, QD.

Warlock
11-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, its not really a competition or anything its just to have fun and learn your car which i did and enjoyed it a lot :D

jew_boy
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Damn man thats some nice driving

quickdodgeŽ
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, its not really a competition or anything its just to have fun and learn your car which i did and enjoyed it a lot :D

Like I said in my first post, it looks like a good time.

And you said it about drag racing, I'd much rather be doing what you did than straight lines, lolol. Later, QD.

Warlock
11-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Damn man thats some nice driving

:D Thanks man

Like I said in my first post, it looks like a good time.

And you said it about drag racing, I'd much rather be doing what you did than straight lines, lolol. Later, QD.

lol :D

scabtastic
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
i just found out about this place yesterday, seems pretty cool.

RJ's325ITS
11-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Well I think is drifting, the kind of drifting that a novice driver would do, but none the less drifting....

I see in turn 1 he doesnt enter in a full lock, but he gets it sideways at the clipping point.
then he kills the drift between (1-2) leaving no room for a nice transition, but then kicks it sideways again to enter 2 which is a long sweeper connected to 3.
Right before entering 4 he kills the drift again for a second, but uses the transfer of weight as a pendulum (feint) to turn the direction of 5, then one more time before the finish line....

To me is pretty much drifting, slow but drifting..... I hate guys that have to see smoke coming out the tires, and hear a screaming engine to call it "drifting".....

Everyone starts somewhere and I think the OP, is on right track.

My .02
Rafa

whatever210
11-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I got the run down on u-drift for everyone. I went out there today which was the first day open I believe. It was $75 to run all day and that included a drift license which was basically a walk around of the course/rules, I think the price changes per day im not really sure. It was extremely well organized and safe and there was no asshatery that I saw. Sound has been a big problem so they kept the course fairly wet to keep the complaints down. The reason they have to wet it is because they are on probation for 6 months soo after that time period I think there will be some dry days. There was a dip in the course but it was not too bad, you just have to hit it right and you will be fine. The place is open 7 days a week now which makes it convenient, I think the place is run very well! Tech is pretty basic, if you pass SCCA tech you will pass this. Hope to see you guys out there. Here is a little video, my camera does not do too well but it works. Gots moar to come later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmFGRqzwnOM

glad you have truck like suspesnion cause that shit would have sent me airborn lol

quickdodgeŽ
11-23-2009, 10:19 PM
. I hate guys that have to see smoke coming out the tires, and hear a screaming engine to call it "drifting".....

Lolol @ your "logic." You should save your two cents for when it's worth it. I commented to the OP that it looked fun no matter what so there's no real good reason for you to come in and instigate shit. Later, QD.

Sunkenkarma
11-25-2009, 01:39 AM
That actually looks pretty damn cool, Too bad its in Alabama, if it were over here, Id be all over that.

Elbow
11-25-2009, 06:56 AM
Not trying to hate at all but I find it quite funny that when it's wet out and people are in rwd cars they seem to think the sliding they are doing (on the wet pavement) is *Drifting*.

Why? Wet drifting over dry drifting, saves tires, quieter, etc.

Glides
11-25-2009, 07:58 AM
If someone gets their car sideways intentionally, for no other reason thatn to get it sideways.....it's Drifting as far as I am concerned because that is what they intended to do. If they intend to spin tires in a straight line from a stop, it's a Burnout. If they get it sideways by accident when they didn't want too, it's a fuck up.

If he went out there to Drift and got his car sideways, he was Drifting. Might not have been perfect Drifting, but it was Drifting. The first time people stuck their dicks in girls, they weren't Pros. Same logic here :)

quickdodgeŽ
11-25-2009, 08:06 AM
If someone gets their car sideways intentionally, for no other reason thatn to get it sideways.....it's Drifting as far as I am concerned because that is what they intended to do. If they intend to spin tires in a straight line from a stop, it's a Burnout. If they get it sideways by accident when they didn't want too, it's a fuck up.

If he went out there to Drift and got his car sideways, he was Drifting. Might not have been perfect Drifting, but it was Drifting. The first time people stuck their dicks in girls, they weren't Pros. Same logic here :)

I respectfully disagree. But I see the logic in your reasoning. Later, QD.

Tracy
11-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Looks like fun dude! Tear it up and keep getting better! Glad you have a place to get sideways safely. Hay bails are much cooler than concrete walls. I have experience. LOL.

Warlock
11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
glad you have truck like suspesnion cause that shit would have sent me airborn lol

Actually its on coilovers with all poly bushings... Yes they make coilovers for a '78 camaro :D Its kind of sad that I use this car for autox/drifting and i use my 240 for going fast lol. I like to change things up.

Well I think is drifting, the kind of drifting that a novice driver would do, but none the less drifting....

I see in turn 1 he doesnt enter in a full lock, but he gets it sideways at the clipping point.
then he kills the drift between (1-2) leaving no room for a nice transition, but then kicks it sideways again to enter 2 which is a long sweeper connected to 3.
Right before entering 4 he kills the drift again for a second, but uses the transfer of weight as a pendulum (feint) to turn the direction of 5, then one more time before the finish line....

To me is pretty much drifting, slow but drifting..... I hate guys that have to see smoke coming out the tires, and hear a screaming engine to call it "drifting".....

Everyone starts somewhere and I think the OP, is on right track.

My .02
Rafa

Thanks man, I just learned a lot lol and I can always use constructive criticism. Ill work on those things next time im out. Keep in mind my e brake is on the floor, i should prob convert it to hand brake.