PDA

View Full Version : Religion God is the Creator? Proven Wrong!

WhiteAccord
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Anyone here about the big bang theory becoming an actual fact now?

For all those who believe in a "god" or higher being... How do you feel that you guys have been lied to all this time?

Halfwit
11-21-2009, 06:16 PM
usually in cases like this, u post a link to said proof, so ppl as myself who are on the "i dont care even a little" side of the fence know what the hell your talking about.

yungdz
11-21-2009, 06:34 PM
usually in cases like this, u post a link to said proof, so ppl as myself who are on the "i dont care even a little" side of the fence know what the hell your talking about.

This

Elbow
11-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Nothing can be PROVED, it's all in what you want to believe, even if someone straight up did prove there is no god true believers would probably still believe because that's what it all is.

Dumb ass.

JDMbabe
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
^^^^ agreeed

blacknightteg
11-21-2009, 10:34 PM
besides. not that im not for things like this being proven wrong. but what created the shit before the big bang, SOMETHING had to have created it. there are to many ways to counter act what is said. it could be proven as a fact, the big bang theory, but what made the big bang theory happen, and what created what was in existence before everything exploded into the universe.

NevrNufTorq
11-21-2009, 11:46 PM

For all those who believe in a "god" or higher being... How do you feel that you guys have been lied to all this time?

so God said 'bang', now what?

uproot
11-21-2009, 11:49 PM
http://blog.thecombustionchamber.com/images/fail_baby.jpg

imprtguy_94
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM

agreed neeed some info.

WhiteAccord
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Very Ignorant People as Always. Negg Repping and shit... Childish...

Why dont some of you people do a little research.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091121/ap_on_sc/eu_sci_big_bang_machine One of many links...

TSiFTW
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Something to chew on. As stated before, who created the thing that went bang. Same thing as the chicken or the egg. No scientist or anybody can prove that shit.

imprtguy_94
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Something to chew on. As stated before, who created the thing that went bang. Same thing as the chicken or the egg. No scientist or anybody can prove that shit.

hes exactly right. no one can prove it. even at that im still a firm beliver in god.

_Christian_
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
There is no such thing as scientific fact.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
hes exactly right. no one can prove it. even at that im still a firm beliver in god.

I think you mean that you are a firm believer that there IS a God (or 2).

Elbow
11-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Very Ignorant People as Always. Negg Repping and shit... Childish...

Why dont some of you people do a little research.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091121/ap_on_sc/eu_sci_big_bang_machine One of many links...

Cool, I read Angels and Demons.

§treet_§peed
11-23-2009, 08:04 AM
That's actually pretty cool. I've always loved science.

mocha latte cupcake
11-23-2009, 08:14 AM
so..... i read it... and i'm not seeing where i should question my faith any?

did i miss something other than a bunch of euro guys in white suits under the secret VW trying to un-pimp zee auto used a microscope and some ice to speed up particles in a fire hose in efforts to add improved efficiency to their DFI head design to aid in fuel atomization and combustion?

PURP
11-23-2009, 08:34 AM
so..... i read it... and i'm not seeing where i should question my faith any?

did i miss something other than a bunch of euro guys in white suits under the secret VW trying to un-pimp zee auto used a microscope and some ice to speed up particles in a fire hose in efforts to add improved efficiency to their DFI head design to aid in fuel atomization and combustion?

what she said..

also, the big bang theory is just that, a theory. Someone one day was sitting around drinking a ton of scotch and said, "hey, this world was created from a giant ass hole in the space above us. It's stomach got all churny and hurting, then BANG!!!!!!!! It shit all of us out and here we are.

Couple questions.

1. Has anyone here been to the moon? without a needle!

2. How do you really know that when you look up into space, that you're not just looking at a giant projection of a fake sky?

3. If we evolved from apes and that's how we were created so to speak, then why are we still not turning from apes to men now? Baby apes are born all the time around the world. But yet my son came out of my wifes vag.

I'm not an expert on anything and honestly what I'm saying/asking might not mean shit to you. But I know I'm not the only person asking those same questions

Black Mamba
11-23-2009, 08:40 AM
lol this thread is full of failures. OP is a dumbass.. Nuff said.

Black Mamba
11-23-2009, 08:41 AM

God created the thing that went bang.

God created Chicken first.

If you believe in God, you should know this kind of stuff!

Black Mamba
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Oh and OP,

How does this article prove that Big Bang Theory is now a Big Bang Fact? How does this article tell us that how human came abouts amongst thousands of planets that's out there?

nreggie454
11-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I always fail to see how or why science and the idea of a god or creator have to be in opposition to each other.

Also, they haven't even performed any actual collisions, yet, so nothing has been proven.

The Creeper
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
I don't need the big bang theory to be "proven" to not believe in god haha.

Andr3w
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Doesn't matter what anyone proves wrong against God. It's called faith.

Tracy
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Nothing can be PROVED, it's all in what you want to believe, even if someone straight up did prove there is no god true believers would probably still believe because that's what it all is.

Dumb ass.

Actually, proving a theorem has to be proved by contradiction. In Mathematical proofs anyways :) It's more or less the same for other aspects of critical thinking and "scientific facts".

For example, a magnetic "field" is a place holder for something we don't understand. There is no field in reality; "field" is the just the name we gave to it until we figure out what a magnetic field actually is. No one can explain it currently. That's just one example.

BABY J
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Owned by a girl.

Wait - Tracy isn't even a girl. Tracy is it's own gender.

In life you're either a man, a woman, or a Tracy.:D

Tracy
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Same with gravity. It's not a scientific "fact" that gravity is gravity. It's just a placeholder for now. I could go on and on, but I am going to assume too many feeble minds will try to argue.

I recommend this book to anyone who comes into this thread (free pdf DL): http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnowscape.com%2Fgodsdebris.pdf&ei=b9YKS6yIKZuetweDoqmACA&usg=AFQjCNGdROiWP9cEb2Kw4ItGNRBIATkTTA&sig2=SqPkJWyJS5quhjOcBoq_kQ

I also recommend the movie "Proof": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI1vRch4omw

And if you do watch the movie, pay attention to the last line in the movie. You will miss it if you don't know about proofs.

quickdodgeŽ
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
BELIEVE!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4)

Later, QD.

Tracy
11-23-2009, 12:46 PM
BELIEVE!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z-OLG0KyR4)

Later, QD.That's awesome aside from the fact that most non-human primates actually peel the banana from the other end, not the "tab".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng&feature=player_embedded

imprtguy_94
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I think you mean that you are a firm believer that there IS a God (or 2).

no. hands down. firm believer in god. thats my beliefs.:D

BABY J
11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
no. hands down. firm believer in god. thats my beliefs.:D

Which of the many Gods are you referring to - hard to keep track these days.

Glides
11-23-2009, 02:05 PM
besides. not that im not for things like this being proven wrong. but what created the shit before the big bang, SOMETHING had to have created it. there are to many ways to counter act what is said. it could be proven as a fact, the big bang theory, but what made the big bang theory happen, and what created what was in existence before everything exploded into the universe.

You are correct. I caused the Big Bang. See it was a bad night of heavy drinking and then a monumental dump....BANG!!!!! The Universe was created. Blame me.

In all seriousness. When are people gonna learn to NEVER talk about religion in the "HAHA I PROVED YOU WRONGSORS ABOUT GOD!!!!"
No wonder you are getting negative reps.

Dr.G35
11-23-2009, 03:28 PM
I watched a show on National Geographic that scientist are now proving God exists through mathematics. There are also correlating God to the Big Bang Theory through mathematics and science. What I want to know is, is why do people keep trying to separate religion and science when they could possibly have answers to each others questions?

smoknlegend
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Proof enough for me of a god is this: something had to nurture our dumb asses to an age where we can sustain ourselves. Think about it........if we all started out as "babies" something had to be there to raise us and feed us, because i doubt from the beginning we knew "oh look food."

choiiiiiiiii
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Doesn't matter what anyone proves wrong against God. It's called faith.

well said sir. well said.

AZN_Pride
11-24-2009, 12:27 AM
What if I were a scientist and and said all these fancy words to prove that apples were oranges. Im sure people would believe that. All you have to do is to make up something that sounds pleasing to the ear and people will follow because they like the way its sounds. Its only natural to believe things that we like.

The Creeper
11-24-2009, 01:08 AM
^Are you mocking science, or religion....

AZN_Pride
11-24-2009, 02:15 AM
^Are you mocking science, or religion....

What I am getting at is to let people believe what they want. Why make a big fuss over who believes what or who think who is wrong. We all have our beliefs and we can not force others to think like we do. In other words, who cares?

The Creeper
11-24-2009, 02:16 AM
^reps.

efman
11-24-2009, 02:19 AM

i think you mean hear

:2up::2up:

ueyedgr8tness
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Omg how many threads is going to come up like this ppl still trying to prove there is no god.What i do find funny is when the usa was founded on god we where strong as a nation.But since every 1 is wanting to get rid of him out of our schools,courthouses etc Well u see the outcome school shootings,more murder numbers,nations rising up against us etc. I mean if we believed in GOD like the muslims believe in allah we would be a much greater nations as we once was:2cents:

Now on the real check this out and i mean read it all and lets see if you still want to believe yo big bang:yes:

http://www.achristianhome.org/God_vs._Science.htm

BABY J
11-24-2009, 11:33 AM
I believe in my bang. It's gangsta.

ueyedgr8tness
11-24-2009, 11:39 AM
^ me to mine seems to go off alot thoe..

Glides
11-24-2009, 04:01 PM
I will end the thread now.

There IS NO God if you don't believe in him.
There IS a God if you do.

No amount of Websites, photos, sightings or Preachers Ramblings is going to change that fact.

quickdodgeŽ
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM

There IS NO God if you don't believe in him.
There IS a God if you do.

No amount of Websites, photos, sightings or Preachers Ramblings is going to change that fact.

Actually I end it now....

with your words. Later, QD.

BABY J
11-24-2009, 04:27 PM
God is a girl.

Kevykev
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
"Man" Strikes Again.

Laughable post.

oh my bad

bodhi
11-25-2009, 01:24 AM
what she said..

also, the big bang theory is just that, a theory. Someone one day was sitting around drinking a ton of scotch and said, "hey, this world was created from a giant ass hole in the space above us. It's stomach got all churny and hurting, then BANG!!!!!!!! It shit all of us out and here we are.

Couple questions.

2. How do you really know that when you look up into space, that you're not just looking at a giant projection of a fake sky?

3. If we evolved from apes and that's how we were created so to speak, then why are we still not turning from apes to men now? Baby apes are born all the time around the world. But yet my son came out of my wifes vag.

I'm not an expert on anything and honestly what I'm saying/asking might not mean shit to you. But I know I'm not the only person asking those same questions

What's the difference between animals and man? Simple. It's a fense. Now, I will try to answer some of your questions with minor examples. Before I do though, let me get on your curiosity with the big bang theory. You say that it's only a theory-so therefore it is not something that should be taken as fact. This is true, but, just like gravity is a "theory" so are many things in science. The theories only explains the mechanisms behind it. That's their only purpose. Scientific Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory#Science)

Q. Has anyone here been to the moon? without a needle!
A. The moon is still a very controversial subject in the scientific commuinty. Now, my honest, complete thoughts on this whole moon landing thing right is that I don't know. I really don't know if they went there.
I think we all have our reasons for believing one way or the other, but the truth is as far as the documented media on history goes, the moon landings were very, very young in our development. No internet, no VCR's, no where near the same accountability as we have today.

I think many, many people aren't even considering the possibility that it was hoaxed, because it makes you seem completely retarded, and the idea of it being possibly true is very disturbing.

My position has always been that it doesn't make sense that we never went back. it doesn't make sense that it was the only time in human history that people have been above 400 miles from the Earth's surface, and that despite and active space program we haven't been back since 1972. That's 37 fucking years ago. That's an insane amount of time to be frozen in progress. The space program continues to press forward, but we never leave Earth's orbit again. There hasn't been a single technological achievement from 1969 that's not easier, cheaper and faster to reproduce today- except for the moon landings.
That doesn't make sense to me, and it makes me suspicious.
The post flight press conference where it clearly seems like they're lying makes me curious. The video of a dude hopping by a flag and it blowing in the breeze, that makes me wonder.

Q. How do you really know that when you look up into space, that you're not just looking at a giant projection of a fake sky?
A. Because everything that's been looked at has been calculated/observed to have distance, mass, it's own gravitational field, and many other things. It cannot be a projection. It's not possible for it to be just some made up "movie." Where do those fancy rockets go then? Around the earth?
This sounds more like a philosophical question to me. I mean you can't be serious, right?

Q. If we evolved from apes and that's how we were created so to speak, then why are we still not turning from apes to men now? Baby apes are born all the time around the world. But yet my son came out of my wifes vag
A. Evidence for evolution:

-Fused Chromosome #2
-Vestigial Organs
-Comparitive DNA
-Geographical distribution of animals
-Skeletal structures

How about the fact we've *observed* it happen in things like nylon-digesting bacteria and HeLa cells? Look up "observed instance of speciation" on google.

Unfortunately I have to say that there is a strong possibility that no one will ever be able to prove whether the universe is a result of intelligence or not. The Big Bang, God, everything! I think the mystery will always be there to remind us that we have to keep seeking the truth.
The universe is more complicated then we can understand whether we like it or not.

nreggie454
11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
The video of a dude hopping by a flag and it blowing in the breeze, that makes me wonder.

Actually, they tested that (any many of the other moon landing myths) on Mythbusters. The same phenomenon was shown when a flag was placed in the same manner in a vacuum. Basically, the "flapping" motion that you see is actually the momentum of the flag itself when they are planting it in the ground. The flapping is due to no wind resistance on the side-to-side motion of the flag and that is why it looks like it is flapping in the "wind."

Granted, I also find it very weird that they haven't been back to the moon since then, but hopefully with the findings of the recent "bombing" of the moon, we will have more missions there.

bodhi
11-25-2009, 07:25 AM
Actually, they tested that (any many of the other moon landing myths) on Mythbusters. The same phenomenon was shown when a flag was placed in the same manner in a vacuum. Basically, the "flapping" motion that you see is actually the momentum of the flag itself when they are planting it in the ground. The flapping is due to no wind resistance on the side-to-side motion of the flag and that is why it looks like it is flapping in the "wind."

Granted, I also find it very weird that they haven't been back to the moon since then, but hopefully with the findings of the recent "bombing" of the moon, we will have more missions there.

Yeah, and I thought they (except one) were all busted? MythBusters Episode 104: NASA Moon Landing (http://mythbustersresults.com/episode-104-nasa-moon-landing)

History books and the Bible should be sold in the same section in book stores. I question people that don't question anything. That's just me.

Glides
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
What's the difference between animals and man? Simple. It's a fense. Now, I will try to answer some of your questions with minor examples. Before I do though, let me get on your curiosity with the big bang theory. You say that it's only a theory-so therefore it is not something that should be taken as fact. This is true, but, just like gravity is a "theory" so are many things in science. The theories only explains the mechanisms behind it. That's their only purpose. Scientific Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory#Science)

Q. Has anyone here been to the moon? without a needle!
A. The moon is still a very controversial subject in the scientific commuinty. Now, my honest, complete thoughts on this whole moon landing thing right is that I don't know. I really don't know if they went there.
I think we all have our reasons for believing one way or the other, but the truth is as far as the documented media on history goes, the moon landings were very, very young in our development. No internet, no VCR's, no where near the same accountability as we have today.

I think many, many people aren't even considering the possibility that it was hoaxed, because it makes you seem completely retarded, and the idea of it being possibly true is very disturbing.

My position has always been that it doesn't make sense that we never went back. it doesn't make sense that it was the only time in human history that people have been above 400 miles from the Earth's surface, and that despite and active space program we haven't been back since 1972. That's 37 fucking years ago. That's an insane amount of time to be frozen in progress. The space program continues to press forward, but we never leave Earth's orbit again. There hasn't been a single technological achievement from 1969 that's not easier, cheaper and faster to reproduce today- except for the moon landings.
That doesn't make sense to me, and it makes me suspicious.
The post flight press conference where it clearly seems like they're lying makes me curious. The video of a dude hopping by a flag and it blowing in the breeze, that makes me wonder.

Q. How do you really know that when you look up into space, that you're not just looking at a giant projection of a fake sky?
A. Because everything that's been looked at has been calculated/observed to have distance, mass, it's own gravitational field, and many other things. It cannot be a projection. It's not possible for it to be just some made up "movie." Where do those fancy rockets go then? Around the earth?
This sounds more like a philosophical question to me. I mean you can't be serious, right?

Q. If we evolved from apes and that's how we were created so to speak, then why are we still not turning from apes to men now? Baby apes are born all the time around the world. But yet my son came out of my wifes vag
A. Evidence for evolution:

-Fused Chromosome #2
-Vestigial Organs
-Comparitive DNA
-Geographical distribution of animals
-Skeletal structures

How about the fact we've *observed* it happen in things like nylon-digesting bacteria and HeLa cells? Look up "observed instance of speciation" on google.

Unfortunately I have to say that there is a strong possibility that no one will ever be able to prove whether the universe is a result of intelligence or not. The Big Bang, God, everything! I think the mystery will always be there to remind us that we have to keep seeking the truth.
The universe is more complicated then we can understand whether we like it or not.

I got to know this.

How the hell did you get ALL of this into your post....but spell Fence wrong?

I think you copy/pasted it personally. But that's just my conspiracy theory.

bodhi
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Fence. Goddamn conned!!!1
And no, I did not copy and paste anything. I googled some of the "big" words just in case I spelled them wrong. I'm an idiot for spelling fence wrong though no doubt.
That's a fact--no conspiracy there.

BABY J
11-25-2009, 03:30 PM
We went to the moon. If there was anything special there we would have been back. What is the point of going to a dead rock twice? People are so funny.

ahmonrah
11-25-2009, 03:50 PM
sounds like an ATS.com debate here....but Tracy/QD pretty much summed it up.

bodhi
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
We went to the moon. If there was anything special there we would have been back. What is the point of going to a dead rock twice? People are so funny.

How do you know for sure?
The debate is up for discussion if you're interested.

Starrfire
11-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Nothing is true, everything is man made. Believe what you want to believe because thats all everyone else does.

_Christian_
11-27-2009, 02:08 AM
what she said..

Just a theory...so is gravity, germs, cells, etc. It seems to me that you have theory and hypothesis confused. The big bang is a cosmological model of the expansion of the universe. Do you have issues with quantum mechanics? ...or general relativity? You should look into cosmic microwave background radiation if you're wanting evidence.

Couple questions.

Not quite sure what you mean by "without needle".

I can fly in the atmosphere, I can talk to people who have been to space, I can see videos and pictures from space, If I have the funds available I can visit myself, spacecraft have traveled beyond our solar system, there is radiation in space, particles and waves exist. There are a million observable/demonstrable ways to backup the current claim.

We share common ancestry. The evolutionary process is very slow. You cannot observe much from one generation to the next. Look into speciation. There are many observed instances. Look at the changes in domesticated dogs just from the past few centuries. Imagine what can happen when you have a timescale of tens of millions or even hundreds of million of years.

Omg how many threads is going to come up like this ppl still trying to prove there is no god.What i do find funny is when the usa was founded on god we where strong as a nation.But since every 1 is wanting to get rid of him out of our schools,courthouses etc Well u see the outcome school shootings,more murder numbers,nations rising up against us etc. I mean if we believed in GOD like the muslims believe in allah we would be a much greater nations as we once was:2cents:

Now on the real check this out and i mean read it all and lets see if you still want to believe yo big bang:yes:

http://www.achristianhome.org/God_vs._Science.htm
The burden of proof lies on those who make the supernatural claim, not those who are skeptical of it. If you openly subscribe to a particular viewpoint you should expect scrutiny. The US was founded on secular principles. The gov't is not supposed to take any stance on religion. You can still pray in school all you want, the school just can't sanction prayer time. The ten commandments shouldn't be displayed in any government building.

What do crime rates have to do with anything? You can't show any sort of direct correlation. It makes equal sense for me to come to the conclusion that since Ben and Jerry's discontinuation of their Halloween flavored ice cream, crime rates have gone up. Ergo, Halloween flavored ice cream prevents crime. Violent crime in Atlanta has actually decreased btw.

Here's a better link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

Glides
11-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Just a theory...so is gravity, germs, cells, etc. It seems to me that you have theory and hypothesis confused. The big bang is a cosmological model of the expansion of the universe. Do you have issues with quantum mechanics? ...or general relativity? You should look into cosmic microwave background radiation if you're wanting evidence.

Not quite sure what you mean by "without needle".

I can fly in the atmosphere, I can talk to people who have been to space, I can see videos and pictures from space, If I have the funds available I can visit myself, spacecraft have traveled beyond our solar system, there is radiation in space, particles and waves exist. There are a million observable/demonstrable ways to backup the current claim.

We share common ancestry. The evolutionary process is very slow. You cannot observe much from one generation to the next. Look into speciation. There are many observed instances. Look at the changes in domesticated dogs just from the past few centuries. Imagine what can happen when you have a timescale of tens of millions or even hundreds of million of years.

The burden of proof lies on those who make the supernatural claim, not those who are skeptical of it. If you openly subscribe to a particular viewpoint you should expect scrutiny. The US was founded on secular principles. The gov't is not supposed to take any stance on religion. You can still pray in school all you want, the school just can't sanction prayer time. The ten commandments shouldn't be displayed in any government building.

What do crime rates have to do with anything? You can't show any sort of direct correlation. It makes equal sense for me to come to the conclusion that since Ben and Jerry's discontinuation of their Halloween flavored ice cream, crime rates have gone up. Ergo, Halloween flavored ice cream prevents crime. Violent crime in Atlanta has actually decreased btw.

Here's a better link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

You gets the reps!

BABY J
11-27-2009, 11:36 AM

+ amillion.

Sounds a lot like : http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34774558&postcount=26

TheProfiteer
11-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Why do all of you guys always argue that the universe was created? Can you not grasp the concept that it just always was.

Just because to you time has a beginning and an end, does not mean the same rule applies to the universe.

Time is Space, and space is never ending, time is an infinite loop.

Tracy
11-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Why do all of you guys always argue that the universe was created? Can you not grasp the concept that it just always was.

Just because to you time has a beginning and an end, does not mean the same rule applies to the universe.Time. A whole 'nother topic. LOL.

jorgen
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
if you are referring to M theory, or "the theory of everything"
I fail to see how this in anyway contributes anything to proof or disproof of god.

Crazy Asian
11-29-2009, 02:02 AM
LOL 10 BILLION DOLLAR CONTRAPTION AND A PIECE OF BREAD made it inoperable.

§treet_§peed
11-29-2009, 02:28 AM
What he meant by saying going to the moon without a needle, was saying actually being on the moon. And not being on drugs and thinking you are on the moon. You know, shooting up heroin, doing acid and/or LSD. Maybe even shrooms. Now I have watch people melt down different pills and shoot them up. Or Crush them into water and shoot them up.