PDA

View Full Version : I've lost a lot of respect for Georgia Tech

Stormhammer
11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
http://www.project961.com/cc-common/mlib/4060/11/4060_1258744776.jpg

Heard about it on 9-6-1

" 'm not gonna pretend to be unbiased, I'm a dawg fan, so I see things through red and black colored glasses, but it doesn't require objectivity to recognize a lack of class. This is the cartoon being circulated by Ga Tech fans in celebration of the death of UGA VII. The cartoon is titled "speed bumps". I love a good rivalry and the hate between GA Tech and Georgia is a beautiful thing. The celebration of the death of a mascot and pet is just a disgrace. It is one of the worst displays of poor sportsmanship, lack of class and seething bitterness I've seen from any group of fans. Clearly there is a anger that has been burning away from Tech fans as they have to dig their nails into their palms and suffer through recent dominance at the hands of their in-state rivals. Not even last year's beat down was enough to even the scales and cool some of the frustration. I would be embarrassed if a group of Georgia fans were reflecting so poorly on the perception of the rest of us. If I were one of the leaders of the institution (Paul Johnson) I would let it be know that I had higher expectations out of the people who wore my team's colors. I would publicly express my desire for a passionate constituency of fans who had a fever for my program and a hatred for our rivals that was still civilized and represented the university in the best possible way. I doubt we will hear those words because boosters pay big bucks for a coach that will rile up the boosters by any means necessary (see Lane Kiffin). In lieu of dignity, I hope "speed bumps" is taped to the locker of every UGA player and on November 28th, the dawgs play inspired ball and upset this group of Jackets."

I prefer GT over UGA, by a lot, due to my interests - but, that's just disappointing to see that a school of such caliber and reputation to go that low.

Echonova
11-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I have gained a lot of respect for GA Tech. 'Bout time they start showing some backbone.

Echonova
11-20-2009, 09:48 PM
BTW:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/128768_mudkipz.jpg

Stormhammer
11-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Eh, if the dog was still alive, sure I'd find it amusing. This though just shows no gracious professionalism at all.

Echonova
11-20-2009, 09:59 PM
As if UGA fans have ever shown GT any respect...

Just an observation.

uproot
11-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Where does it say the school commissioned this drawing? Or that students/faculty created it? It just says its being circulated by GA Tech Fans....

so did you lose respect for the fans or the school/team?

HypnoToad
11-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Just an observation.

x2,nothing wrong with putting little more spice in uga/gt game......we all know UGAs season needs it,lol

1990wade
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
x2,nothing wrong with putting little more spice in uga/gt game......we all know UGAs season needs it,lol

:rolleyes:he is right....cox has to be one of the worst QB i have ever seen:yes:

chappy
11-20-2009, 10:38 PM
i am a big uga fan and that pic does piss me off but they are right it is the author not gt and i agree cox rode the pine for four years for a reason

sogood
11-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Just an observation.

This.

And it's not like GTech made the comic, so not sure how there's any wrongdoing on their part.

man
11-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I knew Bulldawgs were some sensitive pussies but damn... lol

BTW, this shit's hilarious, I will be emailing this to everyone

MR2DR
11-20-2009, 11:47 PM
pshh, I'm surprised there hasn't been a cartoon of Buzz pissing on all of those graves.

How come all the other colleges in georgia have never had to deal with dead mascots? =P

VooDooXII
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Okay rivalry's fine...and I'm a Tech guy myself but even I find that in bad taste.

Got Milk?
11-21-2009, 02:14 AM
So im confused, who is the dog? Was he former UGA player? did he die? Whats going on?

Evil Goat
11-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I have gained a lot of respect for GA Tech. 'Bout time they start showing some backbone.

x2

quickdodgeŽ
11-21-2009, 07:41 AM
pshh, I'm surprised there hasn't been a cartoon of Buzz pissing on all of those graves.

That car IS known as the Ramblin' Wreck. That Model A has been the official mascot of GT since the early 60s. That's why they have Buzz driving that car. Later, QD.

MR2DR
11-21-2009, 10:35 AM
That car IS known as the Ramblin' Wreck. That Model A has been the official mascot of GT since the early 60s. That's why they have Buzz driving that car. Later, QD.

Yea, that I understand. I was saying how I'm surprise they haven't gone to the extent of portraying the GT's response to "How bout them dawgs?" in a comic.

bigdare23
11-21-2009, 10:42 AM
I’m a Ramblin’ Wreck From Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.
A helluva helluva helluva helluva helluvan engineer.
Like all the jolly good fellows, I drink my whiskey clear, I’m a Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer.
Oh, If I had a daughter, sir, I’d dress her in White and Gold.
And put her on the campus to cheer the brave and bold.
And if I had a son, sir, I’ll tell you what he’d do, He would yell "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA" like his daddy used to do.
I wish I had a barrel of rum and sugar three thousand pounds, A college bell to put it in, and a clapper to stir it round.
I’d drink to all the good fellows who come from far and near, I’m a ramblin, gamblin’ hell of an engineer, Hey!

03RCode
11-21-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.project961.com/cc-common/mlib/4060/11/4060_1258744776.jpg

Heard about it on 9-6-1

" 'm not gonna pretend to be unbiased, I'm a dawg fan, so I see things through red and black colored glasses...

I stopped reading right here when I realized your opinion wasn't worth a fuck to me anymore.

Double_0_Rusty
11-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Classless

Spectic Tank
11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
It's about time to get a new mascot UGA. Stop breeding the same fatass dogs with health problems and people won't make fun of your mascot.

.blank cd
11-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Is there a wallpaper sized version of this?

alpine_aw11
11-21-2009, 11:54 AM
Yea you know....because UGA fans are so fucking classy. Then they get all butthurt about some dead fucking dog they didn't even own and start throwing all this "class" shit around like they dont deserve anything of the sort from Tech fans.

bigdare23
11-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Yea you know....because UGA fans are so fucking classy. Then they get all butthurt about some dead fucking dog they didn't even own and start throwing all this "class" shit around like they dont deserve anything of the sort from Tech fans.

Don't be talking about UGA fans like that. They are the classiest of classy

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/sioncampus/01/02/roadtrip.uga/p1_dawghead.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/sioncampus/01/02/roadtrip.uga/uga_fatguy.jpg

alpine_aw11
11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
i lol'd

///Mary
11-21-2009, 03:31 PM
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r228/marygn35/Picture5.png

Good choice for a mascot IMO'

Cruel joke about a dog dying... yes.... but I doubt UGA is clever enough to come up with something like that cartoon

http://cbs11tv.com/slideshows/Ten.Dog.Breeds.20.700978.html

ironchef
11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Doesn't that breed consistently have health problems? No wonder theres been freaking 7 of them lol. Why keep breeding dogs that obviously have health issues.

gtikid
11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Buahahaha this shit is hilarious. UGA fans have a shitty season and now get mad of that drawing haha. I find that drawing to be super funny