PDA

View Full Version : Misc more com pyou tour problems

RandomGuy
10-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Ok This is starting to really piss me off.
I have an SATA drive (160gb) Seagate
I also have an IDE 80GB Seagate (from another system... important files on it)

OK first off...i've been on that other system because fuckin virii and spyware totally owned this system... to a point where not even spybot, ad aware, anything can do shti about it... even used those freeware AV's nothing is helping...its pissin me off.... ok back to the subject
I can not reinstall the OS using the usual method because the system isn't detecting the SATA drive... when I hook in the IDE drive, it boots up from there, and errors up (because its not meant for this system).. still with me? Ok... so I change the boot order in the bios and still, by the way its an Nforce4 board I believe. Ok What I am really trying to do is wipe the SATA drive, reinstall the OS, and keep this IDE drive as reference... Its been a hassle because of all these viruses spyware... bull shit... No matter what approach I try nothing seems to be working. The drives are both physically in order, pretty new actually. I have installed a fresh winXP on the IDE drive, it works properly, but I dont have the driver CD off hand for my board/utils... so I cant do shit... but I want the OS on the SATA drive... Anyone know what I can do?
Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah some basic specs
AMD XP cpu
1gb Ram ddr400
Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
(2)NEC 3520A dvd+/-rw DL drives

I really need a bootleg AV or some util that will allow me to install the OS onto this SATA drive.
I have tried doing it within windows and when I boot up the install image off of the hard drive (after pre-installation sequence) I get A BSOD some stop error...

:jerkit: Help :rant:

chrisdavis
10-20-2005, 08:50 AM
How are you getting on the internet now? if your using the comp you want the drivers for just go to the manufactuers website and download them. If you are on a different comp and it can burn cd's d/l and make a data disk of the drivers. then open the files andd install. Have you tried using killdisk to reformat your SATA drive? Google it there is a free version and a paid version.