PDA

View Full Version : Single cab solutions?

ATL86
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
I have a 97 single cab B2300 with roughly a foot behind the seat. What sub setups would you guys recommend in that limited space? I know a smaller, thinner box is in order, but decent lows would be nice...

Reps for advice!

AV8ter
11-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Extended cab?

How much are you looking to spend?

ATL86
11-19-2009, 08:56 PM
I wish... Below $400 if possible, minus installation. I'm doing that myself.

AV8ter
11-19-2009, 09:00 PM
So this is like a single cab ranger space wise?

ATL86
11-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Exactly

AV8ter
11-19-2009, 09:16 PM
If you dont have a center console id say do a nice ported box there.

Let me know if you need help on a design.

A ported 10 will more than bump in a single cab lol

Kevin

ATL86
11-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't but I guess I should've noted that I want to retain a stock look, so having a box sitting right there is kind of like an easy smash and grab to me. I want to put something behind the seats or nothing at all.

chappy
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
i had the same problem and i think it was diamond audio came out with thin sub for that problem the magnet on it is just really wide they came out a few years ago but i am shure they still make them but i do remeber that they were a little pricey! I actually found them at traffic jams in buford they sounded really good and they had 10s and 12 depending on what you wanted i cant remeber what the name of the sub was though but if you call them they can probably let you know something

ATL86
11-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Doesn't hurt to try. Thanks.

chappy
11-19-2009, 10:31 PM
no problem man and if you cant find anything out let me know and i will see if i cant find something from the ones i had somewhere and try to help ya out

DynamicSound
11-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Responded to your PM

ATL86
11-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Sweet.

lovinmydodge
11-20-2009, 11:55 PM
currently RE Audio's slim line are the best on the market for SQ and GREAT LOWS (most companies agree

redgst97
11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
We have always had great results with the Rockford P3S Subs as well as the Memphis SClass at American Radio. I personally have a slight preference of the Rockfords....

BanginJimmy
11-23-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.woofersetc.com/p2644/ID8V3D4--Image-Dynamics-ID-8"-Subwoofer.htm

2 of those in about 2-2.5cu tuned to 35hz

ATL86
11-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the recommendations everybody. I am going to head over to Dynamic Sound and see what they can do for me. I'll post results and pics if I go with their setup.

Scott P
11-24-2009, 04:49 PM
currently RE Audio's slim line are the best on the market for SQ and GREAT LOWS (most companies agree

Which manufacturers would those be? And the correct answer is none by the way.

The RE is probably going to be the cheapest from a cost perspective, but keep in mind it is also going to be the cheapest from a quality perspective as well.

To the OP, you budget is 400 for an amp, box, and sub right? do you have wire or are you going to need that as well? to be quite honest you aren't going to get too far with that. Honestly the best bet I could come up with is a Arc KS12d2 and a decent Arc or Rockford 2ch amp bridged and then a prefab truck box, which with wires would keep you at or under 400 with no problem and sound pretty good.

lovinmydodge
11-28-2009, 12:04 AM
lol um RE's stuff isn't the cheapest at all. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think that. The RE slime line sub is said to be the best all around sounding slim line sub by George Woo the owner of Atomic. And for a person who makes some of the best subs on the market to call another company's sub the best when he himself makes a slim line sub is saying something. For a single 12 the sub costs around 250 shipped lol. I know the pioneer can be bought for around 150 ish. The sub is by no way the cheapest and with shallow mount subs you really do get what you pay for.

Scott P
11-28-2009, 08:40 AM
lol um RE's stuff isn't the cheapest at all. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about if you think that.
I'll cut you some slack since you don't know me, but I have been in the industry for nearly 15 years now, and know all the major players out there, most of them personally. On top of that I am in the SQ and SPL lanes at competitions and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that both RE and Atomic are barely represented if at all. Take that as an indictment on the "quality" of those subs. And before you spout back off that I still don't know what I am talking about, I have the state and world championships to back it up. . .

The RE slime line sub is said to be the best all around sounding slim line sub by George Woo the owner of Atomic. And for a person who makes some of the best subs on the market to call another company's sub the best when he himself makes a slim line sub is saying something.

Yeah, I don't think I need to waste the time on this again. . . .

For a single 12 the sub costs around 250 shipped lol. I know the pioneer can be bought for around 150 ish. The sub is by no way the cheapest and with shallow mount subs you really do get what you pay for.

I do agree with you here. You do get what you pay for. That said I have installed all the major slim subs, RE, RF, Pioneer, Kicker, JL, Memphis; and I would take the JL and Memphis over the RE everyday of the week. But honestly, I could fit an Arc KS series sub in the same space as this and get a better low end frequency responce and it would cost less, so that is the route I would go.

GAtegs
12-03-2009, 09:11 PM
JL Audio makes this thing...

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/1451/category_image/x01_154259.jpg

ATL86
12-04-2009, 05:55 AM
Kinda throws my budget out the door, though. MTX carries a Thunderform series which I might go with. I probably will still go over budget, but at least I'll have a custom enclosure.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/images/tForm2004Install_RMP10Lrg.jpg

redgst97
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I had a MTX Thunderform for my Dodge Truck. It sounded pretty good for what it was. I added a few layers of sound damping within the enclosure, and that helped the sound a bit. The enclosure would "flex" a bit in places.

It stayed in my truck for about a month before I changed to a different pre-made enclosure. That stayed for about 2 months.

Finally, I built my own enclosure, which has been in the truck for 3 years. I have changed subs a few times since then, but the enclosure is the same.

Just my experience....

ATL86
12-06-2009, 01:55 AM
Thanks. I'm not huge into audio as much as I used to be. Only was looking for a boost over the stock system. I don't know the first thing about making custom enclosures, so I figured I'd give this a try...