PDA

View Full Version : Got my car towed unfairly, give me suggestions.

roche
11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
So I went and stayed at my friend's apartment last night, parked in the visitor spot like I always do. I've been there before and actually got my car towed from there before, but it was because I didn't park in a visitor spot. I was pissed, but it was my fault.
However, this time I parked in a visitor spot, and specifically made sure I was in one before I left my car and went up. This morning I come down and my car is gone, so needless to say I'm pissed.
Long story short, I talked to the manager, who is a complete fucking idiot, and she said the car wasn't in a visitor spot so she called to have it towed along with a couple others. I sat and argued with her for a minute but it was completely pointless. I called the towing place and they said she said it was in an improper spot so they took it.
Now my biggest point is, when I left my car last night, it was in the proper visitor spot. There was an Audi to my left, and a black truck to my right. I know where I was parked. Now my car doesn't just move itself in the middle of the night, so somebody fucked up.
There was no picture taken or proof that I was NOT in a visitor spot, so is there any way I can fight this? Its $125 to get the car back, which I don't have to spare because I'm a college student and I barely make enough to just pay rent and bills. I don't even have that in my account until I get another check Monday.
SO, what are my options? Its basically her word against mine, but when I know for a FACT that my car was in the proper spot, I despise letting her take advantage of me and just paying for it when I KNOW it was in a visitor spot. I feel like if there's no proof I wasn't in the right spot, I could get out of this somehow, and I really need to because I can't afford it. Any help would be great.

FlipKing
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Its a miata...just go sneak it out in your backpack.lol

punkr6
11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
sounds like she is in cahoots with the towing co. and you're fucked....

Turbodude06
11-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Its a miata...just go sneak it out in your backpack.lol

lol:lmfao:.... IDK what u could do, that sucks man...... Ask to see there video maybe?

jhadleyh
11-19-2009, 01:52 PM
go kill that fucking bitch........

deathrex
11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
go steal that bitch back.

punkr6
11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
go kill that fucking bitch........

:cheers:

Slomaro Z28
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Its private property........probably gonna have to cough up the $$$.

roche
11-19-2009, 01:56 PM
lol:lmfao:.... IDK what u could do, that sucks man...... Ask to see there video maybe?

No video, no pictures...
That's why I'm thinking there's a way around this since they have no proof I was in the wrong.

punkr6
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
sounds like she is in cahoots with the towing co. and you're fucked....

No video, no pictures...
That's why I'm thinking there's a way around this since they have no proof I was in the wrong.

its their property, the burden of proof lies with you..as I said before, You are FUCKED...

Slomaro Z28
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
No video, no pictures...

Doubt they need it, as said above private property.

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
nothing you can do

But you can call the police and report it stolen, have them come out, fill out a police report, and have your friend state you were in a visitors spot.

Tell the apartment complex you are going to sue them for theft of property.

Thats all you can do

Stormhammer
11-19-2009, 02:14 PM
was it the conquest?

roche
11-19-2009, 02:35 PM
was it the conquest?

No sir, the Miata.

nothing you can do

But you can call the police and report it stolen, have them come out, fill out a police report, and have your friend state you were in a visitors spot.

Thats all you can do

Do you really think that would work though...?

lanning
11-19-2009, 02:36 PM
No sir, the Miata.

Do you really think that would work though...?
you dont have anything to lose lol

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 02:49 PM
yeah i would report it stolen.

I would walk into the front office, and tell them there is no way it was towed because it was in the correct parking space. I would pick up the phone in front of them and call the cops and report it stolen.

Then when i got off the phone i would turn to the lady and say "i have witnesses that will vouch that i was parked correctly, you either fix this or ill be seeing you in court for theft of property"

if they dont budge you are SOL

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 02:50 PM
and demand to see her boss. dont take NO for an answer, and when the cop gets there tell him where you were parked, and there is no way it should have been towed so it MUST have been stolen

HarietTubgrl
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
nothing you can do

Thats all you can do
that seems like it would be much more of a pain in the ass than it's worth, though

just find the money to get it out then take pictures with a time and date stamp everytime you go over to this shitty apartment complex since they want to be so douchey about it. sucks, but if you wanna go to this friend's place, then it seems you gotta worry about your car being towed.

DirtyMechanic
11-19-2009, 03:03 PM
I like where vtecKid is going on this.

ilovemyhonda.
11-19-2009, 03:16 PM
nothing you can do

Thats all you can do

best idea so far and the funniest. :goodjob:

roche
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Well the problem is I already talked to the main manager, that's the lady. I can't really say there was no way it was towed because I walked up to her and asked if it was towed and she said, yes she had it towed. lol.

punkr6
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Well the problem is I already talked to the main manager, that's the lady. I can't really say there was no way it was towed because I walked up to her and asked if it was towed and she said, yes she had it towed. lol.

I wouldn't filing a false police report , over such a small amount of $$$$$

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Doesn't matter she has no authority. Tell her she must be mistaken

Call the cops in front of her report it stolen

have your friend with you to swear up and down you were parked legally

make a huge stink over it and hopefully they back down. If they don't you are right back where you started anyway

Jason..
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM
pay the 125 and have a nice day.

roche
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't filing a false police report , over such a small amount of $$$$$

That's kind of what I was thinking, but $125 is a hell of a lot for me when I'm a full time student with a part time job. That's 3+ nights of work you know?

VQ35 Star
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I like vteckidd's idea.

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 03:36 PM
It's not false don't be fucking stupid. Tell the cops it was stolen because there's no way it should have been towed since it was parked legally

you want a police report says you were parked legally

argue argue argue

they stole it from you man plain and simple treat it as such

make a scene they don't want bad publicity.

Tell them you'll stand in front of the apartment complex picketing every weekend with a sign that says they stole your car. Tell them your dad is the lead editor for the ajc and you're gonna make sure there is an article about how incompetent their staff is. Who fucking cares

roche
11-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Doesn't matter she has no authority. Tell her she must be mistaken

Call the cops in front of her report it stolen

have your friend with you to swear up and down you were parked legally

make a huge stink over it and hopefully they back down. If they don't you are right back where you started anyway

I just don't want the cops to get pissed at me for making a huge deal and missing a detail that puts me right back where I started.

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Or you can bitch on Ia and not do anything continue to rack up storage fees and be even more fucked

roche
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
It's not false don't be fucking stupid. Tell the cops it was stolen because there's no way it should have been towed since it was parked legally

you want a police report says you were parked legally

argue argue argue

they stole it from you man plain and simple treat it as such

make a scene they don't want bad publicity.

Tell them you'll stand in front of the apartment complex picketing every weekend with a sign that says they stole your car. Tell them your dad is the lead editor for the ajc and you're gonna make sure there is an article about how incompetent their staff is. Who fucking cares

Haha well you're winning me over now. Because you're right, in all honestly if I was parked correctly they technically stole my car. I'll try it and see what happens.

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Get pissed at you? They work for you man lol. It's your word versus hers, use it to your advantage

don't say I didn't try

ilovemyhonda.
11-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I can't wait to know the outcome, hope it works out in your favor.

roche
11-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah just called them and her, they'll be out in 30 minutes and we're meeting at the office. She sounded pissed as hell haha. Hopefully it works, I'm not the best talker in confrontational situations.

blaknoize
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
that seems like it would be much more of a pain in the ass than it's worth, though

just find the money to get it out then take pictures with a time and date stamp everytime you go over to this shitty apartment complex since they want to be so douchey about it. sucks, but if you wanna go to this friend's place, then it seems you gotta worry about your car being towed.

What, are u retarded? Thats his car. If it was YOUR car and u corrected ur mistake last time and parked correctly and they STILL had the nerve to tow it and charge u and laugh in ur face. Would u just let it go down like that? FUK that, thats bullshit and its well worth the time. I'd let that complex know I aint messin around as I knowingly parked in a valid spot.

They are gettin paid off that non-sense, cheaper apartment complexes do that. As mine did when I used to live in a wack place. They dispatched tow truck drivers left and right, creepin through the neighborhood with their headlights off, lookin at tags and taking em from people who live there.

Like how they towed a couples Lincoln Aviator while they were moving IN because it was illegally parked with a U-Haul trailer in the grass. Bitches took the truck and the Uhaul.

FUK THAT, MAKE IT KNOWN AND GET UR CAR BACK, FUK ASS CHEAP APARTMENT COMPLEXES:2up:

jcs
11-19-2009, 04:14 PM
vteckidd 1 and the shitty situation your in 0

TicketRedBB6
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah just called them and her, they'll be out in 30 minutes and we're meeting at the office. She sounded pissed as hell haha. Hopefully it works, I'm not the best talker in confrontational situations.
Good luck! Hopefully she'll back down.

chappy
11-19-2009, 04:28 PM
yea but because you know it wasnt stolen then you could possibly get a lieing on a police report and then you will have to fork out alot more cash but i think because it was on private property then you are pretty much screwed and will have to pay

TicketRedBB6
11-19-2009, 04:32 PM
yea but because you know it wasnt stolen then you could possibly get a lieing on a police report and then you will have to fork out alot more cash but i think because it was on private property then you are pretty much screwed and will have to pay
Like vtecckid said, just say she's mistaken. If it was correctly parked and he has a witness, then it must have been stolen because you don't tow cars that are correctly parked. She/the apartment complex essentially stole it from him to make some profit.

What if I was to steal your car while you're inside at a store, and then tell you "hey man someone towed your car and said it was parked wrong." Now you can't file a police report because you were told it was towed???

roche
11-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Like vtecckid said, just say she's mistaken. If it was correctly parked and he has a witness, then it must have been stolen because you don't tow cars that are correctly parked. She/the apartment complex essentially stole it from him to make some profit.

What if I was to steal your car while you're inside at a store, and then tell you "hey man someone towed your car and said it was parked wrong." Now you can't file a police report because you were told it was towed???

Precisely.

PURP
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Interesting

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Fingers crossed

lanning
11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
http://cansesclasseled.com/images/haroldandkumar.jpg
lets burn this mother fucker down

Jecht
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm interested to see the outcome of Vteckidd's suggestion.

smoknlegend
11-19-2009, 05:12 PM
subscribed, good luck

Sol-Badguy
11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Neither am I, but you have to speak up. First time I got wrongfully booted at the Varsity, I had to have to some words with the guys, but they ultimately took the damn thing off.

Greddypacked
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
nothing you can do

Thats all you can do

BINGO DO THIS!

Dude you need to learn to stick up for yourself in todays world and not let people like this trample on you. They are probably like this college kid wont do anything about it. Well stick up for yourself and dont let this b!tch get the best from you, but do it legally lol. Your in college, make sh!t for money, work a parttime job, and this b!tch is boss bIChing you... NA I would fight it. Do what you feel is right though, and make the right decision. If you feel it's right to fight for than do it. If you feel its not legitimatley good enough to fight than dont... it's your shoes, your money, your car... Goodluck w/ your decision.

punkr6
11-19-2009, 07:59 PM

this was at 5:59pm its now almost 9pm...what happened ?

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
In for he got arrested and blames it o me haha

Tech5
11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
agree with MIKE (VtecKid) on this one best of luck

roche
11-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Vteckidd is the man... I owe you one buddy.

Long story short I grew a pair and walked into the office and got pretty worked up (which is totally not like me) and basically told her the cops were on the way and I was charging her with theft of property, because my car was in the correct spot and she still had it towed. I told her I had witnesses and I was prepared to raise hell until I got my car back and she stopped taking advantage of people. She proceeded to bitch about me not being in the right spot and stuff, LOL, and just sat in her chair and flipped into bitch mode. So I was like, I hope you're thinking of a really really good excuse for wasting the officers' time when they get here, because I am NOT backing down, I will NOT be taken advantage of, and you KNOW that you are wrong. She basically just sat there in silence.
So cops get there, I calmly explain my side, they seem to get it totally and believe me, and when they question her she goes all white trash on them starts freaking out saying I'm trying to shut her down and its her business and she can have whoever she wants towed. So they're obviously like, uhhh well no actually its in your rules that a visitor can park in a visitor spot overnight with no consequences, correct? And she was like yeah but its my property so I can have him towed if he was taking a spot where a resident could park. And they were like, well no, you technically stole his car if it was in the correct spot and you still had it towed, and that's what he is charging you with and has witnesses. And she was like, well IIIIIIIII have witnesses too! The towin people!
So we called and they didn't want anything to do with the cops lol, so they were just like, we towed the cars she told us to, we don't pay attention to the spots. SO, basically the cops said she had to have them release my car back to me unless she wanted to go to court to answer the charge. She ended up giving in after a bitchfest for 10 minutes or so. My friend is definitely moving out when her lease is up, this drove in how poorly managed the complex is.

CLIFFS:
Cops came.
I talked well, she talked like white trash.
I was right, she was wrong, cops knew it.
I get car back.
Friend is moving out in 3 months, good riddance Briarcliff Mews.

87 Turbo II
11-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Dude I am soo glad Vteckid's plan worked for you. I didn't know if it would or not but man, awesome that it did.

Jecht
11-19-2009, 09:14 PM

Long story short I grew a pair and walked into the office and got pretty worked up (which is totally not like me) and basically told her the cops were on the way and I was charging her with theft of property, because my car was in the correct spot and she still had it towed. I told her I had witnesses and I was prepared to raise hell until I got my car back and she stopped taking advantage of people. She proceeded to bitch about me not being in the right spot and stuff, LOL, and just sat in her chair and flipped into bitch mode. So I was like, I hope you're thinking of a really really good excuse for wasting the officers' time when they get here, because I am NOT backing down, I will NOT be taken advantage of, and you KNOW that you are wrong. She basically just sat there in silence.
So cops get there, I calmly explain my side, they seem to get it totally and believe me, and when they question her she goes all white trash on them starts freaking out saying I'm trying to shut her down and its her business and she can have whoever she wants towed. So they're obviously like, uhhh well no actually its in your rules that a visitor can park in a visitor spot overnight with no consequences, correct? And she was like yeah but its my property so I can have him towed if he was taking a spot where a resident could park. And they were like, well no, you technically stole his car if it was in the correct spot and you still had it towed, and that's what he is charging you with and has witnesses. And she was like, well IIIIIIIII have witnesses too! The towin people!
So we called and they didn't want anything to do with the cops lol, so they were just like, we towed the cars she told us to, we don't pay attention to the spots. SO, basically the cops said she had to have them release my car back to me unless she wanted to go to court to answer the charge. She ended up giving in after a bitchfest for 10 minutes or so. My friend is definitely moving out when her lease is up, this drove in how poorly managed the complex is.

CLIFFS:
Cops came.
I get car back.

Congrats on the win over the annoying office lady!

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats man!!!! The system is there to work for you you did the rght thing!!

03RCode
11-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Congrats man!!!! The system is there to work for you you did the rght thing!!

Props on the good advice.

And Roche, congrats on getting your car back.

allout13
11-19-2009, 09:49 PM

CLIFFS:
Cops came.
I get car back.

glad to see this work out in your favor!!! :cheers:

rep to vteckidd for the good advice!

MongolPup
11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
FUCK YEAH! Reps to Mike for suggesting it, but more important you for doing it!

Kasper
11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Im giveing you a standing ovation! (dunno how to spell that one!) Dude thats freaken sweet! now id go back and park in that spot! just make sure ya take plenty of pictures before ya walk away from the car! Im glad it worked out for ya man. and really happy the cops didnt get pissed at you for that! id check the car up and down before i would have signed the release papers to make sure they didnt fuck it up at all.. but all in all awsome work man!

HypnoToad
11-19-2009, 10:02 PM
deff nice advice mike,glad u got out of it roche.

VooDooXII
11-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice work! Damn I didn't take vteckidd seriously but it looks like it worked out!

roche
11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah I was kinda skeptical that it would work but figured it was worth the shot, and it definitely turned out to be! Thanks again Mike, I wish I could do more than rep you haha.

chappy
11-19-2009, 10:35 PM
hell try it and let us know how it works out but good luck with whatever you decide

Vteckidd
11-19-2009, 10:37 PM
^^^^ he already did it worked

TIGERJC
11-19-2009, 10:38 PM
WOW IA helped, this is a first

nsany(atl)
11-19-2009, 10:41 PM
have your friend pay rent in pennies, congrats on the win.

smoknlegend
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
wow, thats amazing! Congrats on that!

87 Turbo II
11-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah I was kinda skeptical that it would work but figured it was worth the shot, and it definitely turned out to be! Thanks again Mike, I wish I could do more than rep you haha.

you owe him a beer at the next meet you guys both go to.

Catnip
11-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I wish I could do more than rep you haha.

Everyone wants a blowjob.

Quickfeet
11-19-2009, 11:03 PM
congrats!

87 Turbo II
11-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Everyone wants a blowjob.

lol + I like your sig.

MR2DR
11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
FUCK YEA!!!! the power of IA motha fucka!!!

+rep for vteckidd's suggestion and OP's ability to grow a pair.

Congrats OP!

vinayak
11-20-2009, 05:05 AM
I would contact the owners of the property and let them know how she is handling there property. Since you have police agreeing with you she will probably lose her job. If in fact she is doing shady business I don't think the owner will want that kind of bad publicity.

TicketRedBB6
11-20-2009, 05:10 AM
lol how someone that is supposed to be calm and collected during her job totally loses it over cops being called.

Turbodude06
11-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Thats good to hear man. That was a really good Idea Vteckidd:goodjob:

keevo54
11-20-2009, 08:09 AM
+1 to vteckk for a damn good idea

oops nm gotta spread some before lol

stillaneon
11-20-2009, 09:38 AM

It's called beer.

roche
11-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Haha well I never see him irl. If I ever do, I got him.

Doppelgänger
11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Now, the next thing you do is go stalk her at the main office and wait for her to leave. Right when you know she is about to leave, run in there and give her some surprise sex.

Greddypacked
11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
REPS FOR THE BOTH OF YOU. REPS TO YOU ROCHE FOR MANING UP TO THE BOSS BIOTCH AND DOING THE RIGHT THING. REPS TO YOU VTEC FOR GOOD ADVICE.

Greddypacked
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Now, the next thing you do is go stalk her at the main office and wait for her to leave. Right when you know she is about to leave, run in there and give her some surprise sex.

Alright Vtec gave good advice... why are you trying to put him in jail lol.