PDA

View Full Version : Roswell Police Own Me!!

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:16 PM
i got a dam ticket and wasnt even driving. I got a ticket for owning and operating a nitrous equipped vehicle. ALmost got my dam car impounded! that was some horse shit. MY cousin launched from the light and i got the ticket. SO to you Roswell :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :smilefu: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :chuckles: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :taun: :bootyshak :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :smileowne :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :nx: :nx: :nx: :nx:

TranceDJ06
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
uhmm..soo..what exactly happened dude?..details man

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:18 PM
sux man

SwurvinIn
10-19-2005, 11:19 PM
dude yeah...i was going 70mph in a 40, but thank god i slowed down b4 he could clock me. he heard the blowoff valve and thought it was nitrous...fucking dumbass...he came up to the car and immediatly told me to pop the hood and trunk...and then asked me to get out of the car...i thought it was jail time for me!!!!

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:20 PM
That the hell? that is some horse shit!

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Yeah Nitrous sounds just like a blowoff valve :rolleyes:

Darling Nikki
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Fucking A how stupid.

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah Nitrous sounds just like a blowoff valve :rolleyes:Yeah I know right but they could have impounded the car.

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
True, so any idea how much the ticket will be for?

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah I know right but they could have impounded the car.
did they check the car?

4dmin
10-19-2005, 11:24 PM
ON WHAT GROUNDS COULD HE SEARCH YOUR VEHICLE?

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:26 PM
did they check the car?yeah they made me unhook and bleed off all the gas. They really wanted to take the car!

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:27 PM
ON WHAT GROUNDS COULD HE SEARCH YOUR VEHICLE?
He said they didnt need it with they hand reasonable doubt that it was in use.

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:28 PM
yeah they made me unhook and bleed off all the gas. They really wanted to take the car!
i am wondering what the grounds were used for the search, you could have told them no and they would have had to wait to get a warent.

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Can i get some plus ones for getting a ticket while not even driving.

4dmin
10-19-2005, 11:29 PM
i am wondering what the grounds were used for the search, you could have told them no and they would have had to wait to get a warent.

ya thats what i was thinking

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
He said they didnt need it with they hand reasonable doubt that it was in use.
you could take it to court, but i am not sure how yo would fight it and they have to have a reson to search, otherwise its invasion

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
+20 something

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:31 PM
yeah i am just going to pay the fine and say fuck you roswell :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:31 PM
if i knew how i would give you + 3 dog shocka style!!
how about a +1 for remy hitting 160 on the way home! :eye:

4dmin
10-19-2005, 11:32 PM
i would go to court fight it and say you have a CO2 cooler kit on your car not nitrous and get it thrown out

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:33 PM
i would go to court fight it and say you have a CO2 cooler kit on your car not nitrous and get it thrown out
GREAT PLAN!! get a lawer first :goodjob:

T.C.
10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Did you purge the nitrous? If you didn't I am guessing that he just pulled you over and said that he had reason to believe that you had nitrous hooked up? Wtf?

UpSideDownDesi
10-19-2005, 11:34 PM
What if the tank has NOS sticker or NX sticer on it? lol.

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
What if the tank has NOS sticker or NX sticer on it? lol.It does

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:35 PM
well this ticket is probably better than getting a ticket for contest of speed. Those suck. Either way they are going to :idb: out of some money somehow

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:36 PM
MR. Moo is going to get a new ass hole!

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:37 PM
well this ticket is probably better than getting a ticket for contest of speed. Those suck. Either way they are going to :idb: out of some money somehow
Yeah i am thinking it will be around 500 bucks or so

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:38 PM
ouch

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah i am thinking it will be around 500 bucks or so
pocket change for a baller like you :2cents:

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:42 PM
pocket change for a baller like you :2cents:shit fool I got like 5 dolla. just enough to make kelly holla. lol

SwurvinIn
10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
he told us he didnt need a warrant...he was a "commercial vehicle inspector" and also told us he was not looking for drugs or weapons...just nitrous

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
he told us he didnt need a warrant...he was a "commercial vehicle inspector" and also told us he was not looking for drugs or weapons...just nitrousyeah that sucked ass :2up: them

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:45 PM
he told us he didnt need a warrant...he was a "commercial vehicle inspector" and also told us he was not looking for drugs or weapons...just nitrous
i would have asked to see that in writing, it dosent matter what he is looking fore, the moment he wants in your car he has to have permision to do so.

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:46 PM
shit fool I got like 5 dolla. just enough to make kelly holla. lol
i hear that, i will loan you 5 more to get it on tape!! :eye:

SwurvinIn
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
yeah that sucked ass :2up: them
i agree!!!! dude he already had a ticket written for me for "hard accellaration/reckless driving" and told me the only reason he wasnt giving it to me is because he would have to take me to jai...then a 5th cop showed up and was telling the original cop to give us a ticket for tint and other shit....im suprised he didnt get out a tape measure and measure the distance from the headlights to the ground and get us for lowered suspension...fuckin jerkoff

A.P. Photography
10-19-2005, 11:48 PM
i would have asked to see that in writing, it dosent matter what he is looking fore, the moment he wants in your car he has to have permision to do so.
exactly, but hindsight is 20/20

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:49 PM
i agree!!!! dude he already had a ticket written for me for "hard accellaration/reckless driving" and told me the only reason he wasnt giving it to me is because he would have to take me to jai...then a 5th cop showed up and was telling the original cop to give us a ticket for tint and other shit....im suprised he didnt get out a tape measure and measure the distance from the headlights to the ground and get us for lowered suspension...fuckin jerkoff
DAMN i think that gets the "STUPID SHIT OF THE DAY" award

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:50 PM
exactly, but hindsight is 20/20
very true!

SwurvinIn
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
DAMN i think that gets the "STUPID SHIT OF THE DAY" award
werd :jerkit:

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:51 PM
DAMN i think that gets the "STUPID SHIT OF THE DAY" awardyeah the last cop was a real ass we would have both been in jail and the car crashed if it was up to his ass.

smoking RR
10-19-2005, 11:52 PM
yeah the last cop was a real ass we would have both been in jail and the car crashed if it was up to his ass.
been there done that! :2up:

SwurvinIn
10-19-2005, 11:56 PM
yeah the last cop was a real ass we would have both been in jail and the car crashed if it was up to his ass.
fo sho! he was dissapointed that the car wasnt on the back of a wrecker and we werent in cuffs in the back of the car!!! fuck cops like that fat pig....damn power trip cause they got a shiny pice of metal on thier shirt....he still makes $29,000 a yr...whats the deal pig?

Boosted S60R
10-19-2005, 11:56 PM
been there done that! :2up:For real I am just glad the dam car didnt get impounded that would have been real bad.

SilverJester
10-19-2005, 11:58 PM
Damn that sucks ass! Sorry to hear that mikey. What fucking dicks.

HyPer50
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
It's probably already been answered, but I'm too lazy/tired to read through all 3 pages.... But how did the cop know you had nitrous? Could he see the bottle from outside the car or something? His ass would of needed a warrent for me to pop my hood or trunk, assuming he didn't have probable cause.

smoking RR
10-20-2005, 12:03 AM
For real I am just glad the dam car didnt get impounded that would have been real bad.
we would have broken in and stole it back for you mikey, Mission Imposable style!!

RandomGuy
10-20-2005, 12:11 AM
you gotta be kidding man? I knew it was illegal and what not, but wtf? I never thought they ever enforced it. And you can get out of the ticket EASILY, by saying it was a spray cooling kit. EASILY. Hrm... crazy shit. Damn I didnt know they can just search you out of the blue like that... crazy... I remember seeing nitrous bottles mounted on ricers pillars and shit

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 12:14 AM
you gotta be kidding man? I knew it was illegal and what not, but wtf? I never thought they ever enforced it. And you can get out of the ticket EASILY, by saying it was a spray cooling kit. EASILY. Hrm... crazy shit. Damn I didnt know they can just search you out of the blue like that... crazy... I remember seeing nitrous bottles mounted on ricers pillars and shitwell he say it going into the intercooler piping. The cop was nt an idiot I am not even going to bother fighting it unless it is really expensive.

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 12:15 AM
It's probably already been answered, but I'm too lazy/tired to read through all 3 pages.... But how did the cop know you had nitrous? Could he see the bottle from outside the car or something? His ass would of needed a warrent for me to pop my hood or trunk, assuming he didn't have probable cause.He said cause of the intercooler sprayer in the front that, that was probable cause to search it.

smoking RR
10-20-2005, 12:16 AM
He said cause of the intercooler sprayer in the front that, that was probable cause to search it.
thats it right there, inter cooler sprayer, no proof of it going to the moter man, find out how much it is, then go from there

RandomGuy
10-20-2005, 12:16 AM
He said cause of the intercooler sprayer in the front that, that was probable cause to search it.
damn thats some crazy shit, just for the record, intercooler sprayers are 100% legal right? I am getting one soon.

UpSideDownDesi
10-20-2005, 12:17 AM
i don't see you getting outta this one bro. I got a idea tell em it was a NOS sub....u know the one that come in the NOS bottle shape and when you were bleeding it....the sound wasn't of the NO2 leaking.....you just lit one looooooooong fart haha. Good luck

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 12:21 AM
i don't see you getting outta this one bro. I got a idea tell em it was a NOS sub....u know the one that come in the NOS bottle shape and when you were bleeding it....the sound wasn't of the NO2 leaking.....you just lit one looooooooong fart haha. Good luckYeah it sucks

UpSideDownDesi
10-20-2005, 12:27 AM
just try talkin to the solicitor and try to get the fine down. Make up a excuse like.....it's a show car and you have to take it out once a week to keep everything running straight.

Luv2spd
10-20-2005, 01:08 AM
BOOSTED S60R...

Sucks to hear you got this ticket. When you find out, let us know what the fine is. If you decide to fight this in court, here is a little help for you (since he more than likely did not take a picture of it). My suggestion would be to print out the GA law and take it with you. Just tell them it wasn't hooked up. Hope it helps. To everyone else with nitrous, this may help you in the future.

40-8-10.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person on a public road to drive a passenger car, excluding a motor home, which supplies the motor vehicle´s combustion engine with nitrous oxide unless the system supplying nitrous oxide is made inoperative by disconnecting the line feeding nitrous oxide to the engine or by removing the container or containers of nitrous oxide from the vehicle.
(b) Any person who violates subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Here is the link:
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=40-8-10

Dark Side
10-20-2005, 01:15 AM
DAMN........That is some cold shit Mikey. Good luck with it though and i hope the fine is not going to be much.

XBLG20
10-20-2005, 03:34 AM
BOOSTED S60R...

Sucks to hear you got this ticket. When you find out, let us know what the fine is. If you decide to fight this in court, here is a little help for you (since he more than likely did not take a picture of it). My suggestion would be to print out the GA law and take it with you. Just tell them it wasn't hooked up. Hope it helps. To everyone else with nitrous, this may help you in the future.

40-8-10.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person on a public road to drive a passenger car, excluding a motor home, which supplies the motor vehicle´s combustion engine with nitrous oxide unless the system supplying nitrous oxide is made inoperative by disconnecting the line feeding nitrous oxide to the engine or by removing the container or containers of nitrous oxide from the vehicle.
(b) Any person who violates subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Here is the link:
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/gl_codes_detail.pl?code=40-8-10

good info +1

fawk_you
10-20-2005, 03:40 AM
Fight that shit. Nothing more.

£G2♣
10-20-2005, 04:25 AM
damn thats messed up

drupason
10-20-2005, 06:04 AM
damn dude that sucks!

The Ren
10-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Bullshit.. thats some crazy ass shit.. now I wanna get the loudest most obnoxious blow off valve and drive around roswell..

Mike Lowrey
10-20-2005, 07:12 AM
WTF!?!

Sux dude.....

The Yousef
10-20-2005, 07:22 AM
dude thats fucked up!!! atleast you weren't driving dude....thank God i wasn't driving...they would've found a reason to deport me...lol

yousef

Kristi
10-20-2005, 08:07 AM
that sux mikey - at least they didn't impound my car - i mean your car. lol

i would fight it, but i'm just a bitch like that

silver
10-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Damn Mickey.. that sucks... And I thought Woodstock were assholes, lol

I am surprised they didn't give you a ticket for your tint considering how dark it is and how bad they are about that...

Sorry man... Let me know if I can help with anything Mickey!!

speedracer41
10-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Dude, that really sux! Are you going to fight it in court?

AznTraitor
10-20-2005, 08:21 AM

he's already said like TWICE....that he's just gonna pay the ticket and be done with it.

kelly marie
10-20-2005, 08:32 AM
mr moo you scared the ish out of me when you called last night... it sucks but i hope this makes you feel better :hump::idb:::kiss::hump::boobies::flash:

Xrated O.G.
10-20-2005, 08:36 AM

Hey FUCKTARD..... HE IS GUILTY... Why fight it.... Damn this aint the OJ case... Nice wheels...

smoking RR
10-20-2005, 08:41 AM
mr moo you scared the ish out of me when you called last night... it sucks but i hope this makes you feel better :hump::idb:::kiss::hump::boobies::flash:
DAMN!!! Mr. Moo jsut hot hooked the fuck up!! haha morning Pokey butt :eye:

ruah_23
10-20-2005, 08:41 AM
40-8-10.

Yup...plus u are not even driving the car. U are just chilling..

Nemesis
10-20-2005, 08:44 AM
DAMN, this is the first ive heard of us N2O users getting caught and ticketed for it. I better remove my " Nitrous Injected" emblem off the back of my car lol

But seriously, ive been pulled over with a bottle in the back and the cop didnt even notice.

Crowml
10-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Here's what I'd do.
First off, I'd realize I was wrong, and the cop was right. Considering N20 is illegal, and I had it on (thats why my bottle sits in my closet and I wouldn't even think of letting someone else drive my car with it on). Then, I'd go to court, and plea with the solicitor, acknowledging that I did wrong. So that instead of trying to give him one of the 2200 stories he's already heard 50 times ea and angering him to the point where he acts all nice but at sentencing recomends probation and a $1k fine, he takes mercy on me and treats my like an average human.
But then again, thats just me. I think people should take responsibility and not dramatize and victimize their case in search of vindication. Personally I think people will hold you in higher regard if you take this approach. Ultimately it will affect how the solicitor, your buddies and the judge sees you.

But thats just me. Not trying to pick at anyone, just tell you my approach.

soxfan30
10-20-2005, 10:05 AM

Dude, I would have told him you're not letting him do anything until he either provides a warrant or until you talk to your lawyer. Mikey, if I were you I'd fight it...but that's just me.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:08 AM
I guess I'm the only one annoyed by the "Stupid cop" banter. They broke the law. They deserve to pay for it. Any N2O bottle in your car must be unhooked and empty. Probable cause for a cop is anything that sounds remotely close to someone purging nitrous, stickers on the car, a bottle in the back seat. You can refuse the search, but honestly, when you've done something wrong it will only make the situation worse. :2cents:

And the crap about him owning a show/race car, he'd have to have insurance backing that claim. It wouldn't fly in court. Basically he's had the best idea so far, pay the ticket and take it as a lesson learned.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Here's what I'd do.
First off, I'd realize I was wrong, and the cop was right. Considering N20 is illegal, and I had it on (thats why my bottle sits in my closet and I wouldn't even think of letting someone else drive my car with it on). Then, I'd go to court, and plea with the solicitor, acknowledging that I did wrong. So that instead of trying to give him one of the 2200 stories he's already heard 50 times ea and angering him to the point where he acts all nice but at sentencing recomends probation and a $1k fine, he takes mercy on me and treats my like an average human.
But then again, thats just me. I think people should take responsibility and not dramatize and victimize their case in search of vindication. Personally I think people will hold you in higher regard if you take this approach. Ultimately it will affect how the solicitor, your buddies and the judge sees you.

But thats just me. Not trying to pick at anyone, just tell you my approach.

:cheers: Well said, thank you.

Nemesis
10-20-2005, 10:12 AM
NOS is a brand of nitrous system, not an acronym for nitrous. :)

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:17 AM
NOS is a brand of nitrous system, not an abbreviation for nitrous. :)

I'm well aware, if that was directed at me, of course. :tongue: I'm too lazy to go back and edit. Retail owns me right now, I work nights. I just got up. I have a lot more excuses if you want 'em. ;)

Nemesis
10-20-2005, 10:17 AM
lol yeah sure, ricer excuses lol

jk

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:20 AM
lol yeah sure, ricer excuses lol

jk

lol. I gave up the ricer thing when my Honda was jacked. :D
I'm a minitrucker now, ha. They don't steal and strip Nissans. I'm in the clear. :bigok: :lmfao:

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I guess I'm the only one annoyed by the "Stupid cop" banter. They broke the law. They deserve to pay for it. Any N2O bottle in your car must be unhooked and empty. Probable cause for a cop is anything that sounds remotely close to someone purging nitrous, stickers on the car, a bottle in the back seat. You can refuse the search, but honestly, when you've done something wrong it will only make the situation worse. :2cents:

And the crap about him owning a show/race car, he'd have to have insurance backing that claim. It wouldn't fly in court. Basically he's had the best idea so far, pay the ticket and take it as a lesson learned.I am not fighting the ticket. I am just paying the crap and getting it over with. The bottles are coming out and the Big turbo is going on and thats it.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I am not fighting the ticket. I am just paying the crap and getting it over with. The bottles are coming out and the Big turbo is going on and thats it.

I know, which is why I made it a point to say that, "Basically he's had the best idea so far, pay the ticket and take it as a lesson learned." :)

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I know, which is why I made it a point to say that, "Basically he's had the best idea so far, pay the ticket and take it as a lesson learned." :)
yeah it just sucks that we got pulled over cause he one heard the turbo spooling up or two heard the blow off valve. ANd we got a ticket for having the nitrous and werent even using it.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 11:00 AM
yeah it just sucks that we got pulled over cause he one heard the turbo spooling up or two heard the blow off valve. ANd we got a ticket for having the nitrous and werent even using it.

I'll agree with you there, it sucks. But you have to look at it from his side, he was just doing his job...which means if someone is breaking the law he has to do something about it. And anyway, you were probably getting pulled over from the start because of your cousin "launching" from the stop. The other things just happened as consequence. It's never fun to pay for tickets. (Not that I'd know...I've never gotten one...but I know people who have...lol. :D )
Sucks man, but like you said, just leave the bottle at home.

Crowml
10-20-2005, 11:08 AM
CRVtech & Boosterd.. Good guys!

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 11:09 AM
CRVtech & Boosterd.. Good guys!

Girl. I am a girl. :tongue:

Boosted S60R
10-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Girl. I am a girl. :tongue:
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: lol it says in your avatar you are a girl. but its cool no harm no foul.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: lol it says in your avatar you are a girl. but its cool no harm no foul.

Which is why I put it there, so maybe I'd stop getting called a guy. :lmfao: It works. :lmfao:

Crowml
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
lmao, man your funny...telling people you're a girl. We all know there arent any girls in here!

(JK)
Sorry GIRL. Mental note.