PDA

View Full Version : low buck system tips anyone?

THEONE
11-18-2009, 09:26 PM
ok i just bought some stuff thinking that it was what i wanted and now i know its not.
im working with a 05 kia sorento. i just got a jbl 1200.1 mono amp and a quantum spl 12 inch sub in a sealed probox. i got the wrong sub i needed a dual 4ohm but got a dual 2ohm.

it have tested it and it hits nice and has lots of bass. but i am really lookin for a all around good sounding system. im lacking in mids and highs im getting distortion on 2 of my stock speakers and i dont like it,the bass is clean from the sub but the stock stuff is not right at all. on its own with out the sub it fine but with the sub its sucks. '

im on a tight budget. what a is a good headunit and componets set and 4 channel amp for a guy on a real tight budget? my goal is a good clean all around system.i listen to alot of metal and rock and old rap.

im lookin to sell or trade the quantum for another sub a 10 or 12 inch cause i dont have a amp strong enough to move this big sub. any suggestions?

deliriouzmc
11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
k what's your definition of a tight budget.. give us a number

THEONE
11-18-2009, 11:33 PM
k what's your definition of a tight budget.. give us a number

next to nothin in the audio world... 500

CHADbee
11-19-2009, 12:10 AM
is that JBL amp not 1ohm stable?

one of the most important thing i have learned the hard way the past few months is spend the $ for a custom enclosure that the right cu ft and tuned to the proper hz. that will make all the difference in your system. i got a guy that can build you a very efficient enclosure for a great price....

for good deals on head units and component systems look up car audio classified forums.

lovinmydodge
11-19-2009, 02:19 AM
for cheap but decentcomponent set look ^ SSL 6C they are good lil speakers. as for a hu im running the jvc arsenal series 7500 & i love it. great set^ & its has a 7 band eq built in ! as for a 4 ch. well the speakers are abou 70 shipped @ best. and the hu its around 140 ish. then i'd run the sundown audio SAX 100.4D great amp

THEONE
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
is that JBL amp not 1ohm stable?

one of the most important thing i have learned the hard way the past few months is spend the $ for a custom enclosure that the right cu ft and tuned to the proper hz. that will make all the difference in your system. i got a guy that can build you a very efficient enclosure for a great price....

for good deals on head units and component systems look up car audio classified forums.

nope its 2ohm.