PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night open call

4eyedbox
11-18-2009, 07:57 PM
I have a new tune and 12 lbs, would like to see where I stand.

Anyone willing to run after the Rside meet?

Lankhoss
11-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Are you the one that ran Stone?

jhadleyh
11-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I wanna video tape

4eyedbox
11-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Are you the one that ran Stone?

No that was my friend Rodney

Lankhoss
11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Is yours slower or faster?

4eyedbox
11-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Should be faster.

If your sig numbers are correct and this MBC will work with me tomorrow, it might be a fun pull.

If your numbers are low or my MBC acts up again, I'll get drug.

BABY J
11-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Hmmmm - should be a good thread by 2morrow afternoon :)

4eyedbox
11-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Hope so. I really would like to see where my car is at and I can't think of any better way to do such than some friendly pulls against some cars with power.

If I get drug, I get drug. Just means that I have a little more work to do.

If I hang or pull, then I hang or pull. And still means I have a little more work to do.

Perhaps, if the weather looks better for this weekend, I'll head out to the MCE event and see what I can do on street tires.

Stol3n
11-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Is yours slower or faster?

Do It Lank! :goodjob:

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Check my sig, still interested?

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 07:35 AM

From a dig?

Street tire vs Street Tire (meaning no drag radials either), sure.

btstone
11-19-2009, 07:53 AM

you know you wanna get in touch with your inner ricer so bad:lmfao:

Turbodude06
11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
what round about numbers u putting down?????

BABY J
11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Funny how all the usual smacktalkers won't just say "sure, bring it" - they are passive and asking a buncha questions. Innnnnnnteresting. I think Rodney's showing has turned the regulars into a fickle crowd.

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 01:14 PM
what round about numbers u putting down?????

Well I told a guy with a Z06, showing 496/478 in his sig, that if indeed those numbers are correct that it should be a pretty good pull. That should tell everybody about where I am power wise.

u8myore0
11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Well I told a guy with a Z06, showing 496/478 in his sig, that if indeed those numbers are correct that it should be a pretty good pull. That should tell everybody about where I am power wise.

do u remember what justins black srt 4 with stage 3 runs... cause u KILLED HIM. : )

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
do u remember what justins black srt 4 with stage 3 runs... cause u KILLED HIM. : )

I believe he was only around 380 when we ran, but I was only on 10 lbs then. Not really sure if I killed him, his friend said it was a mere two cars

u8myore0
11-19-2009, 01:30 PM
I believe he was only around 380 when we ran, but I was only on 10 lbs then. Not really sure if I killed him, his friend said it was a mere two cars

gotcha. you need to have video person this time btw if u do any runs tonight. : ) anyone from athens comin with ya
BTW i was kidding on the killing part. : )

Turbodude06
11-19-2009, 01:32 PM

oh ok cool:goodjob:... Out of my league.....

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
Funny how all the usual smacktalkers won't just say "sure, bring it" - they are passive and asking a buncha questions. Innnnnnnteresting. I think Rodney's showing has turned the regulars into a fickle crowd.

You saying I'm a smack talker about racing? If that's the case, go ahead and quote where I talk "smack" about racing other people.

I'm asking questions because "IF" I'm going to race, I don't want to waste my time running someone who isn't similar in speed to me......be it slower or faster.

This is a decent thread without all the drama, quit trying to bring some into it.

P.S. I'm not sure if I can make it out tonight or not. I was supposed to be seeing someone tonight, but we haven't setup a specific time or place yet.

BABY J
11-19-2009, 02:00 PM
You saying I'm a smack talker about racing? If that's the case, go ahead and quote where I talk "smack" about racing other people.

I'm asking questions because "IF" I'm going to race, I don't want to waste my time running someone who isn't similar in speed to me......be it slower or faster.

This is a decent thread without all the drama, quit trying to bring some into it.

I'm trying to figure out why you think I was talking about you of all people in the KF:thinking: You're not important enuff to be on my radar - when I've had questions for you I asked you directly do I not? Speaking of drama, your post is the 1st drama-centric post in this thread. Kthanx bye.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm trying to figure out why you think I was talking about you of all people in the KF:thinking: You're not important enuff to be on my radar - when I've had questions for you I asked you directly do I not? Speaking of drama, your post is the 1st drama-centric post in this thread. Kthanx bye.

Because I'M THE ONLY ONE ASKING QUESTIONS up until the point you made the comment.

That's if you don't count Smacked who basically said "bring it" and some other guy who hardly ever posts that asked what numbers he put down.

BABY J
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Sooooo don't you think I would have directed post 7 towards you if I meant you?? I've read your analysis of your gear/rev issue and your disposition on street-racing as whole which I said that I respect. So why would I target you? We're good man.

What I mean is - there are LOTS of smacktalkers in here... and I'd expect more of the regulars to chime in. Kool?

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 02:13 PM
I see the smack talkers go back and forth with each other, usually. Btstone is gonna mess with Vteckidd, Icontt, Phil, Hunter, maybe a couple others. Smacked has something to say about almost anyone...and he posted in here already.

Nobody knows this guy, so nobody really has any "beef" with him to talk smack about. If he and I are a good run, that probably means he doesn't have a whole lot of people who are around his speed....because that's the problem I run into. I'm either too fast for lightly modded cars, or way behind the majorly built ones.

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
I see the smack talkers go back and forth with each other, usually. Btstone is gonna mess with Vteckidd, Icontt, Phil, Hunter, maybe a couple others. Smacked has something to say about almost anyone...and he posted in here already.

Nobody knows this guy, so nobody really has any "beef" with him to talk smack about. If he and I are a good run, that probably means he doesn't have a whole lot of people who are around his speed....because that's the problem I run into. I'm either too fast for lightly modded cars, or way behind the majorly built ones.

With any luck there never will be. I see no point in the drama of chit talking. When I win, I don't see the point of flaunting it. When I lose, I have no problem admitting it in a respectable fashion. Call ir sportsmanship if you will.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 02:27 PM
With any luck there never will be. I see no point in the drama of chit talking. When I win, I don't see the point of flaunting it. When I lose, I have no problem admitting it in a respectable fashion. Call ir sportsmanship if you will.

Well, for some reason people think that certain regulars in here just go out of there way to fuck with everyone that posts here....which isn't the case.

If you are cool with people, then they will usually act that way back. The reason there is so much shit talking in this area is because there are a lot of people who disagree or don't like each other.

So when people disagree, that usually means there's two different sides to things. So you have your one group that normally takes one side, and another group that typically takes the other. Then it looks like there are gang wars or something, which really isn't true. It's like Democrats and Republicans.....we're just always gonna disagree heh

BABY J
11-19-2009, 03:31 PM
BTW Lank - I never considered you a smacktalker... even though you like to co-sign rediculousness - LOL. But you're still kool IMO w/ what little interaction I have had w/ you.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I think you should act like you know nothing about this site, nor anyone who posts here.......go back and read the first 7 posts objectively, then see if you can figure out why I responded.

I asked two direct questions to the guy wanting to race, and 1 other guy that rarely posts asked what hp he was making. Your comment was that "the smack talkers are asking all these questions"

BABY J
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
^^ I've answered your inquiry. Get over yourself bc every1 else has. You're hardly a "smack talker" on here. I'm sure you agree.:cheers:

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
BabyJ, no one cares if you approve of them. Who are the normal smack talkers?

OP, you make a lot more power than me if you can hang with Lankhoss. Run what you brung.

BABY J
11-19-2009, 04:06 PM
BabyJ, no one cares if you approve of them. Who are the normal smack talkers?

OP, you make a lot more power than me if you can hang with Lankhoss. Run what you brung.

You qualify.:D

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
You qualify.:D

I talk shit to all fuck boys. I know my place in the food chain. You won't find me talking shit on sites like Street Car Forums. As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't open yor mouth in any thread if you don't have shit to race.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
There have been two times I have directly responded to you about something, and both times you played it off like "I didn't do anything Lank, just calm down."

I believe that you probably aren't TRYING to be insulting or accusatory, but the words you use certainly come off that way. You don't seem to like to go back and read what you wrote, and just stick to the "I didn't do anything, we're cool" argument.

Even in this post, you say "get over yourself" then put an icon of guys cheering together with their beers. If you REALLY aren't trying to be manipulative, then you should think more about the words you use before typing them.

BABY J
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
There have been two times I have directly responded to you about something, and both times you played it off like "I didn't do anything Lank, just calm down."

I believe that you probably aren't TRYING to be insulting or accusatory, but the words you use certainly come off that way. You don't seem to like to go back and read what you wrote, and just stick to the "I didn't do anything, we're cool" argument.

Even in this post, you say "get over yourself" then put an icon of guys cheering together with their beers. If you REALLY aren't trying to be manipulative, then you should think more about the words you use before typing them.

And each time you responded to me you act like I have nothing better than to "tread softly" or give a fuck about if YOU think I am being manipulative. I'm very articulate - and I won't make any1 have to "guess" or piece-together if I am attacking them or trying to stir the pot.

This is the internet, I don't have to "pick" my words carefully... you obv felt guilty or felt that I was referencing you when I wasn't. When I asked you about your gearing I did it DIRECTLY. When I called you a dork for co-signing Stone I did it DIRECTLY. When I asked Stone for a run against my notch I did it DIRECTLY. There is nothing mysterious about me or anything I say or do on here. There is no reason for me to "play off" anything. You asked if I was referring to you - I said no. That was the end of it --- otherwise I would have just mentioned you directly sir.

I talk shit to all fuck boys. I know my place in the food chain. You won't find me talking shit on sites like Street Car Forums. As far as I'm concerned you shouldn't open yor mouth in any thread if you don't have shit to race.

I totally agree w/ this post. I'm a lurker on SCF and Midwest Street Cars... I know my place and stfu on there as well unless I am being spoken to, which isn't often.

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM

You make 460, Lankhoss sig says 496, I make in the same neighborhood. I wouldn't call that a lot more by any stretch of the imagination. To further that, I'm not positive that he won't drag me down the road.
If it's gotta be run what you brung, instead of street tire to street tire (which we both already have), I would prefer to wait until I've got drag radials.

u8myore0
11-19-2009, 04:46 PM
You make 460, Lankhoss sig says 496, I make in the same neighborhood. I wouldn't call that a lot more by any stretch of the imagination. To further that, I'm not positive that he won't drag me down the road.
If it's gotta be run what you brung, instead of street tire to street tire (which we both already have), I would prefer to wait until I've got drag radials.

okay so tonight lankhoss and 4eyedbox??!?!

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM

Well based off power to weight, Lankhoss will drag me down the road from a roll. It usually takes a car like mine 580-600hp to pull Lank. I would race you from a roll if I were to come out of retirement, but that would require some $$$ and betting on roll racing is just plain ricer.

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Well based off power to weight, Lankhoss will drag me down the road from a roll. It usually takes a car like mine 580-600hp to pull Lank. I would race you from a roll if I were to come out of retirement, but that would require some $$$ and betting on roll racing is just plain ricer.

Give it some time and we can race your race (dig). I just need to get some tires first.

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 05:04 PM
I do have about 200lbs of weight reduction in street trim, about 300lbs in drag trim, but still no where near enough to hang with Lank from a roll. I have a dig car.

SmackedInATL
11-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Give it some time and we can race your race (dig). I just need to get some tires first.

Well you give me my dig race and then we can do your roll afterwards.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
And each time you responded to me you act like I have nothing better than to "tread softly" or give a fuck about if YOU think I am being manipulative. I'm very articulate - and I won't make any1 have to "guess" or piece-together if I am attacking them or trying to stir the pot.

This is the internet, I don't have to "pick" my words carefully... you obv felt guilty or felt that I was referencing you when I wasn't. When I asked you about your gearing I did it DIRECTLY. When I called you a dork for co-signing Stone I did it DIRECTLY. When I asked Stone for a run against my notch I did it DIRECTLY. There is nothing mysterious about me or anything I say or do on here. There is no reason for me to "play off" anything. You asked if I was referring to you - I said no. That was the end of it --- otherwise I would have just mentioned you directly sir.

I totally agree w/ this post. I'm a lurker on SCF and Midwest Street Cars... I know my place and stfu on there as well unless I am being spoken to, which isn't often.

Actually, you aren't the least bit articulate, that's what I'm getting at. You like to throw in your snide remarks and under-handed accusations and insults, then type a bunch of "nice" words around them and follow up with some emoticons so you can keep convincing yourself what an intelligent and non-combative person you are.

I actually have more respect for the "shit talkers" than I do you, because at least they are confident in their stance on things and don't have to worry about the reputation they have. People like you, on the other hand....are just manipulative snobs that think you've got the whole world tricked.

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your fake friendly manipulative statements to yourself.....because I don't care for your bullshit.

Oh wait, let me throw a bunch of emoticons in here to absolve myself of any confrontational or insulting words I may have typed, in an attempt to make you look like a dickhead if you respond back

:goodjob::goodjob::cheers::D:bump::boobies::bigok: :burnout::bigdance:

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 05:23 PM

I don't know what your car weighs, but I'm assuming it's less than me and Smacked.

I'm about 3115 without me in it, and 5/8 tank of gas.

I believe Smacked is around 3450 - 3500 without him in it, and full interior. That's why, even though he's only 36whp behind me, he's nowhere near as fast as me because of the extra weight. He traps 6mph lower on slicks than I do on street tires.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
What time are you guys going to the meet, by the way?

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Dry weight I'm 3200.

jhadleyh
11-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Dry weight I'm 3200.

get em

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Shut your mouth you terrorist.

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 08:07 PM
You going to Sonic, 4eyed?

Lankhoss
11-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Ok, been waiting around for a couple of hours for responses and haven't seen anyone type anything...so I'm assuming everyone went to the meet. I'll be up there about 10:00.

4eyedbox
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes, I'm here.

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 01:34 AM
Yes, I'm here.

Hey man, it was good to meet you and great runs!!!

Just for the record, the Z can't hang with the M3 :D

I am sorry about how the night ended, keep me informed! :goodjob:

Camrazy2102
11-20-2009, 01:45 AM
^night ended...what happened cops?

Catnip
11-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Hey man, it was good to meet you and great runs!!!

Just for the record, the Z can't hang with the M3 :D

I am sorry about how the night ended, keep me informed! :goodjob:

You running Saturday?

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:00 AM
You running Saturday?

I don't know. I am getting worse traction than I originally thought, and if I'm spinning to the point of almost losing control of my car at 90+mph it just seems pointless.

The weather looks bad too, so I was already thinking I wouldn't make it down.

And in case anyone is wondering, my tires are almost completely bald. The wear bars are almost gone in the center, and that's why I'm having a hard time moving forward instead of sideways heh

BABY J
11-20-2009, 02:01 AM
Actually, you aren't the least bit articulate, that's what I'm getting at. You like to throw in your snide remarks and under-handed accusations and insults, then type a bunch of "nice" words around them and follow up with some emoticons so you can keep convincing yourself what an intelligent and non-combative person you are.

I actually have more respect for the "shit talkers" than I do you, because at least they are confident in their stance on things and don't have to worry about the reputation they have. People like you, on the other hand....are just manipulative snobs that think you've got the whole world tricked.

As far as I'm concerned, you can keep your fake friendly manipulative statements to yourself.....because I don't care for your bullshit.

Oh wait, let me throw a bunch of emoticons in here to absolve myself of any confrontational or insulting words I may have typed, in an attempt to make you look like a dickhead if you respond back

:goodjob::goodjob::cheers::D:bump::boobies::bigok: :burnout::bigdance:

Any1 that knows me or even almost knows me won't agree w/ anything you just pulled out of your ass -LOL. Watch me give a fuck about anything you just said, or will say next... don't blink, or you'll miss it. Here is an emoticon for you:2up:

Oh yeah :cheers:

--> You don't need my comments to look like a dickhead, all you need is a mirror for that.

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:01 AM
^night ended...what happened cops?

Naw, we got our runs in and it was apparent who was faster (M3). He also hurt his car, so even if we wanted to go more we couldn't.

Really nice guy, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as we thought.

He also said he was at about 15psi instead of 12...which is what he originally thought he was gonna run at. I'm betting the boost increased with the cold weather.

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Watch me give a fuck about anything you just said, or will say next. Here is an emoticon for you:2up:

Oh yeah :cheers:

You keep responding, don't you? :)

Catnip
11-20-2009, 02:07 AM
I don't know. I am getting worse traction than I originally thought, and if I'm spinning to the point of almost losing control of my car at 90+mph it just seems pointless.

The weather looks bad too, so I was already thinking I wouldn't make it down.

And in case anyone is wondering, my tires are almost completely bald. The wear bars are almost gone in the center, and that's why I'm having a hard time moving forward instead of sideways heh

If my rear C5z wheels will fit on your car, you're more than welcome to try them. They're 315 hankook RS2s on 18x10.5's (not sure if that will even clear your brakes), I was able to get a 1.8 60' out of them launching pretty soft. They're "semi-radials" so at 11psi, they worked great. I know your car has a good bit more power, but it's worth a try...

Repiks said the weather is looking like it will hold off 'til Saturday night.

BABY J
11-20-2009, 02:07 AM
You keep responding, don't you?

^^ I love you. Coffee/drinks on my dollar?

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:09 AM
If my rear C5z wheels will fit on your car, you're more than welcome to try them. They're 315 hankook RS2s on 18x10.5's (not sure if that will even clear your brakes), I was able to get a 1.8 60' out of them launching pretty soft. They're "semi-radials" so at 11psi, they worked great. I know your car has a good bit more power, but it's worth a try...

Repiks said the weather is looking like it will hold off 'til Saturday night.

I appreciate it man, but I'm not a big drag racer. I wanted to see what I could do with the car, how I drive it on a daily basis. I'm also probably gonna put it up for sale next week, so there's no sense in adding wear and tear on it and possibly damaging something or wrecking.

I still MIGHT come down, but more than likely I won't.

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:10 AM
^^ I love you. Coffee/drinks on my dollar?

Beer?????? :D

Camrazy2102
11-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Naw, we got our runs in and it was apparent who was faster (M3). He also hurt his car, so even if we wanted to go more we couldn't.

Really nice guy, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as we thought.

He also said he was at about 15psi instead of 12...which is what he originally thought he was gonna run at. I'm betting the boost increased with the cold weather.

Ahh i see, good to know yall had fun and safe night.

BABY J
11-20-2009, 02:12 AM
Beer?????? :D

Works for me baby mama. :D

On a side note - I hope he got to drive the M home instead of tow it. Sounds like you guys have fun. Vids?

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Works for me baby mama. :D

On a side note - I hope he got to drive the M home instead of tow it. Sounds like you guys have fun. Vids?

There are vids, but he didn't get to drive it home :(

BABY J
11-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Crap. When you can drive it home that's always a promising sign. When you can't... things get iffy. I hope it's a quick/inexpensive fix.

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Crap. When you can drive it home that's always a promising sign. When you can't... things get iffy. I hope it's a quick/inexpensive fix.

Yeah, we're HOPING it's just a...and I'm having a brain fart here for overhead cams...but the rod that opens and closes the valves.

It could be a connecting rod or piston, but it was a very fast clanking noise inside the motor, so we're hoping he can just fix the problem and be back on the street without having to pull the motor and rebuild it.

4eyedbox
11-20-2009, 02:50 AM
First and foremost, Lankhoss it was a pleasure to meet and run with you. No chit talking, no bullshit, and you were very accomidating to me on the speeds we ran from and too (even though on our first run I blew past where we I said I thought we would need to stop). If only everyone who I run was as mature and sensible as you.

I just made it in. Spent forever trying to find a 24 hr tow company that is actually 24 hrs.

The videos:
Only two runs were well captured on video, our last run and my run against the 996 Turbo. I'll get them off the camera and posted when I get a chance. The run with the Porsche would have been much better if I had been able to hear his horn and he didnt get a huge jump before I realized we were going.

My car:
Perhaps a broken rocker or a busted Vanos unit. More will be revealed tomorrow when I start tearing it down. I hope its simple and enexpensive, but it definitely didn't sound like it was.

imperception
11-20-2009, 02:58 AM
First and foremost, Lankhoss it was a pleasure to meet and run with you. No chit talking, no bullshit, and you were very accomidating to me on the speeds we ran from and too (even though on our first run I blew past where we I said I thought we would need to stop). If only everyone who I run was as mature and sensible as you.

I just made it in. Spent forever trying to find a 24 hr tow company that is actually 24 hrs.

The videos:
Only two runs were well captured on video, our last run and my run against the 996 Turbo. I'll get them off the camera and posted when I get a chance. The run with the Porsche would have been much better if I had been able to hear his horn and he didnt get a huge jump before I realized we were going.

My car:
Perhaps a broken rocker or a busted Vanos unit. More will be revealed tomorrow when I start tearing it down. I hope its simple and enexpensive, but it definitely didn't sound like it was.

right proper way to write your experience up sir...more people should take direction from you. +1 :goodjob:

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 03:03 AM

The videos:

My car:

It was good meeting you as well man, and I agree with you....these are the best experiences, regardless of the outcome of the race.

Well, anyone breaking something is NOT a good experience...but you know what I mean! I'm hoping it's something minor and you can get it back on the street. I have been around too many late night tows home to know they are NOT fun.

SmackedInATL
11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Damn man sorry to hear about your car. See you would have raped me! Dig is my only shot lol.

Lank, how many cars now have blown up while racing you?? LOL.

4eyedbox
11-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Damn man sorry to hear about your car. See you would have raped me! Dig is my only shot lol.

Lank, how many cars now have blown up while racing you?? LOL.

I was already finished running him. I had ran the 996 turbo as well. It didn't happen while running, but rather once I was done. I'm sure the stresses of running didn't help the cause, but it was running full force during all pulls. Hell it was driving normal as I got off the exit, pulled off from a light, and drove into the QT.

Status update:
I'm waiting for my friend to get here so that we can head to the shop and determine the exact damages.

Turbodude06
11-20-2009, 07:39 AM
That sucks man, good luck with it.........

UpSideDownDesi
11-20-2009, 10:53 AM
damn sorry to hear about the car Rodney. Seems like good folks were out last nite.

sleepys4
11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
That wasn't Rodney..

BABY J
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
^^ What he said. People get both of their cars confused. :)

Keep us posted man and if u need some help turning some wrenches let us know. I'm not gonna run Lank since he tears up people's shit. :)

Stol3n
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
^^ What he said. People get both of their cars confused. :)

Keep us posted man and if u need some help turning some wrenches let us know. I'm not gonna run Lank since he tears up people's shit. :)

I raced Lank and didn't break. :D

Can't wait to see vids. :bump:

Lankhoss
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm a sore loser. If you pull ahead of me, I hex your motor!!! :D

4eyedbox
11-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Person:

Nope I'm not Rodney. Although our cars look similar to a lot of people, you can rest assured that we don't. :)

Car:

Much to my amazement; the head, valvetrain, and Vanos unit all seemed to check out fine and dandy.

However, it seems that the noise was coming from cylinder number 5 and ressonating up through the engine. More than likely a spun bearing. Didn't have time to drop the oil pan and investigate any further as we took a nice leisurely lunch and Brett had to take care of some other business today. I've left my car with, imho, the best BMW shop there is, and Brett will have it back up and running by the time I get back from FL after Thanksgiving. Knowing Brett, it will probably be done well before I ever make it back.

The video:

I borrowed the camera from a friend and the data cable wasn't in the bag when I picked it up. Miles called together a search party yesterday and they are believed to have sucessfully found the missing cable amongst the residential jungle dwelling. As soon as I get the cable the videos will be up. (and yes I know... this thread is worthless w/o video)

The hex:

Please Mr. Lankhoss quit following me around and using your voodoo. Voodoo is not very grown up. :)

btstone
11-20-2009, 04:11 PM
the only thing that broke when we raced was my pride

Stol3n
11-20-2009, 04:48 PM
:lmfao:

oleblue
11-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Damn, I know those Z's are mean as hell even stock so the M3 must really be a beast to pull a modded one like Lankhoss's car, i'm ready to see the video of this M3 running.

Double_0_Rusty
11-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Chad sorry to hear about the car problems, need any help, just holler at me.

Sounds like it was a good run. I would have rode up there with you man, had you let me know.

[Reckless]
11-21-2009, 10:02 AM

The videos:

My car:

Ouch you broke her.
Damn that sucks man if I didn't cut out so early because of work I would let you use one of my tows on AAA. Hope everything goes alright

4eyedbox
11-21-2009, 10:14 AM
;38536949']Ouch you broke her.
Damn that sucks man if I didn't cut out so early because of work I would let you use one of my tows on AAA. Hope everything goes alright

Well let that be a lesson to you...

Screw work when a friend could possibly need a tow:D

[Reckless]
11-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Well let that be a lesson to you...

Screw work when a friend could possibly need a tow:D
haha
You would of been the second friend I would have saved that night
My buddies Speed 3 has a slave cylinder failure so I had to go pick him up form Discover Mills.
Haha I'll have to shoot you my number in PMs

quicksylver
11-21-2009, 09:30 PM
damn Chad, i hope you get it back up and running soon without having to spend an assload. my car is having temp problems, I hope its just air in the system and not a warped head or worst yet, cracked. I was just about to go get a tune and now this shit...in any case, we need to run again when we get the clunkers back up and running.

sleepys4
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM
O this is that chad..Whats going on Jordan here, hope you get everything fixed. If you need a hand lmk.

u8myore0
11-21-2009, 10:18 PM
;38536984']haha
You would of been the second friend I would have saved that night
My buddies Speed 3 has a slave cylinder failure so I had to go pick him up form Discover Mills.
Haha I'll have to shoot you my number in PMs

aww you helped out wallace..thats so sweet.

4eyedbox
11-21-2009, 11:37 PM
damn Chad, i hope you get it back up and running soon without having to spend an assload. my car is having temp problems, I hope its just air in the system and not a warped head or worst yet, cracked. I was just about to go get a tune and now this shit...in any case, we need to run again when we get the clunkers back up and running.

Yeah, we will definitely have to run them again. Sorry to hear about your issues and hope that its just something simple and cheap to fix,

O this is that chad..Whats going on Jordan here, hope you get everything fixed. If you need a hand lmk.

As many times as I've seen you post, I've never known who you were by your screen name.

oleblue
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Video??????

jhadleyh
11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Video??????

It's coming I saw the vid of it last night although I will not disclose any info......Chad is waiting on a cable so he can load them up onto his computer.

DADx2
11-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Chad.... sorry to hear that you had some trouble. I know it is aggravating since I have had some issues lately with my car. I hope you can get it back on the road soon. Bret at TRM is certainly the one who can make that happen.

I need to get your number asap... I have a trailer and a BAT (big ass truck) that can come get you when you need a tow !!!!! I am more than willing to lend a hand if I am not at work. Shoot me a PM, and I will give you my number....

Sounds like some fun runs with some good guys... I would like to get in on some of the fun sometime... ;)

4eyedbox
11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Chad.... sorry to hear that you had some trouble. I know it is aggravating since I have had some issues lately with my car. I hope you can get it back on the road soon. Bret at TRM is certainly the one who can make that happen.

I need to get your number asap... I have a trailer and a BAT (big ass truck) that can come get you when you need a tow !!!!! I am more than willing to lend a hand if I am not at work. Shoot me a PM, and I will give you my number....

Sounds like some fun runs with some good guys... I would like to get in on some of the fun sometime... ;)

PM sent.

Appreciate the offer on teh trailer and truck. Hopefully I won't have to be taking you up on it, but its nice to know that its there.

We'll definitely have to get together and find some runs.

quicksylver
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
PM sent.

Appreciate the offer on teh trailer and truck. Hopefully I won't have to be taking you up on it, but its nice to know that its there.

We'll definitely have to get together and find some runs.

whats the status, any news?

4eyedbox
11-26-2009, 12:31 AM
whats the status, any news?

Down and out...

I'm in Florida for the holidays and will be picking the car up from TRM when I get back. Then I habe to pull the engine as I bent the rod in #4.:(