PDA

View Full Version : Sports Hawks...1st in the East?!?!!?

FlipKing
11-18-2009, 11:19 AM
They have the best record in the east and are I think, a half game back from Phoenix Suns for best in the NBA. Josh Smith is on a different level from before, playing hard every night. Horford is beasting against centers that are all bigger and stronger than him. JJ playing like he is in the last year of his contract(which he is) and Bibby just managing the game. Williams needs to step up, but the team D looks great. They are in the top 5 for points in the paint and rebounding. Hawks Heat tonight. :D should be a good year.

sogood
11-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I still think it's too early to say that the Hawks are the best, but they are looking damn good thus far and I hope they keep it up.

ESPN has them at #1 in their power rankings (http://espn.go.com/nba/powerranking).

quickdodgeŽ
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Good to see. Hope it stays this way, or competitively this way. Later, QD.

FlipKing
11-18-2009, 02:10 PM
My only fear is next year. JJ is a free agent and declined the extension the hawks offered :( lol

FlipKing
11-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Hawks dominate Heat. Still looking awesome

Nubz
11-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Im not too surprised with this. They look good. They always have been a solid team just didnt execute well. Im a celtics fan but I also like seeing the hawks play this well. Hopefully they keep it up and see the celts in the playoffs

cjhutch
11-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Im not too surprised with this. They look good. They always have been a solid team just didnt execute well. Im a celtics fan but I also like seeing the hawks play this well. Hopefully they keep it up and see the celts in the playoffs

Oh man, I liked the old Celtics, but I can't stand the new Celtics. KG is probably the worst example of sportsmanship I've seen and the media chocks it up to him being "passionate." I went to a game last year and had my friend and her little son with me. We had seats about three rows back from the floor and all you could hear was KG cursing people out the entire game. We ended up switching seats with some people about 5 or 6 rows back. I used to like the guy when he played with Minne, but now I can't stand him. Rondo might be the most overrated player in the league right now. He's playing with three HOF'ers and people are surprised at how well he's playing. Not too hard to look good when all you have to do is not get in the way and pass the ball to Pierce or Ray when the game is on the line.

Back on topic, the Hawks are looking really good right now. I think the best thing is they have improved on the defenses side and the ball is moving on offense. They got in trouble last year because the ball would get in Joe's hands and then everyone else would just stand around and watch. Josh Smith is playing like the best PF in the east right now. He's not shooting jump shots all day and he's attacking the basket to get boards. Crawford was a good pickup for 6th man as well.

FlipKing
11-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I am corrected, it is as you said.lol