PDA

View Full Version : idle surge etc.

cm7k24
11-17-2009, 10:43 PM
alright me an a couple friends just got done installing a turbo kit on one of thems car. 2000 civic SI only mod was a skunk 2 intake mani.

ever thing said an done the turbo comes on just fine.
Edit. knock sensor cracked,
and now the car is having an idle surge from 1900-3k. when we take it out for a drive, it seems short on fuel injection, drives then slowly dies then jumps back to normal.

sorry its a lot at once. but any input would be nice!!

RBS
11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
vacuum is messed up, go over all lines and make sure there are no leaks in the manifold

G.C
11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure, because i don't know what a broken knock sensor can do, but i don't think it will pu tyour idle up like that.

I think you have a vacuum leak somewhere too, spray break parts cleaner and see if it changes your idle.

scttydb411
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
clearly it hasn't been tuned yet. stock injectors or aftermarket ones installed. part of the issue is more than likely a vacuum leak.

any cel...how many and what are they?

SLo_MKIII
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
clearly it hasn't been tuned yet. stock injectors or aftermarket ones installed. part of the issue is more than likely a vacuum leak.

any cel...how many and what are they?

stock injectors... cel for o2 sensor, IAT, knock sensor, and some other code for the skunk 2 manifold...

james497
11-18-2009, 10:53 PM
fix all the codes dealing with the manifold [IAT, etc....

ash7
11-18-2009, 11:23 PM
...probably need to stop driving it until it's tuned...

or at least stay out of the throttle.
-jonathan

RBS
11-18-2009, 11:56 PM
stock injectors... cel for o2 sensor, IAT, knock sensor, and some other code for the skunk 2 manifold...

oh god, this thread wasnt needed then if you knew that lol

SLo_MKIII
11-19-2009, 05:14 AM
oh god, this thread wasnt needed then if you knew that lol

iat is fixed and the manifold light and o2 light were on prior to turbo install:goodjob:

EmminoDaGreat
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
wtf manifold light??? I never get cel's when I install an intake manifold...

SLo_MKIII
11-19-2009, 09:31 AM
wtf manifold light??? I never get cel's when I install an intake manifold...
idk exactly what it is but it was some sensor that was on the factory manifold that wasnt transfered over to the skunk2 manifold. but honestly that code is the least of my worries because the car operated fine with that code i just need the idle surge and the fact that the car is basically falling on its face to disappear

RBS
11-19-2009, 10:04 AM
if the car ran fine before turbo kit and it had a bunch of CEL's already, then i think you just need to figure out your vaccums

SLo_MKIII
11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
if the car ran fine before turbo kit and it had a bunch of CEL's already, then i think you just need to figure out your vaccums
ok cool ill check em out and see...

dallasb84
11-19-2009, 11:42 AM
i think your talking about the iat temp sensor..... mine was on the intake pipe and on my skunk 2 its on the manifold.... you need to splice that in...its important.

car will also run like shit with a bad knock sensor..... its in safe mode

scttydb411
11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
stock injectors??? running out of fuel. blown engine in your near future. post all the code #'s b/c i'm not understanding what you mean by manifold code unless it's manifold absolute pressure and then that's your mapsensor.

sounds like you have quite a few issues that need to be fixed before you can point the finger @ a vacuum leak.

get larger injectors, chipped ecu, and tune too once all the issues are resolved.