PDA

View Full Version : Panda Pictoras: So on the way to School Today ..

KevinT707
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
A few cars stopped abruptly, sending a braking domino affect. When it got to my turn I still had 20-30 feet so I slammed the brakes but the roads were damp from the drizzle so it slid for awhile & BAM! :cry:

Although it was my fault I hate how the other people involved in the accident treat you like you are now a criminal. How degrading .. then the girl's BF tries me with a few smart remarks. I should have DDT'ed him on the spot but luckily the cop was writing me a ticket at the time.

VQ35 Star
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
oh no :( I love your car.

civic gsr
11-17-2009, 05:16 PM
damm you alrite dude

HalfBaked
11-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Didn't this same thing happen going to school a few years ago?

m3dic8d
11-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Man I hate that shit... sometimes you can't stop fast enough in the rain, I know exactly what you mean though. Everybody after a wreck acts like you stole from them or something lmao

Least you're alright. Sucks the cop wrote you a ticket... seems that a lot of cops are pricks about that, they don't HAVE to write the ticket. When I got rear ended the old guy didn't get a ticket, but when I rear ended someone I got a ticket >_<

JuStCrUzIn
11-17-2009, 05:19 PM
damn. hope your alright. that rex is to clean. sorry bout your loss.

EJ_Allmota
11-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Didn't this same thing happen going to school a few years ago?
thats the same thing i was thinkin, im glad you aiight though.. Son you need not follow so closely, your insurance must be high..

Echonova
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Damn...

swollix
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Is this wreck number six or so? Just after your insurance went down too... Asian drivers...

a94civicex
11-17-2009, 05:47 PM
that sucks dude, good luck with everything....

-EnVus-
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
nice high rise hood or that midget trying to kick its way out

Nerdsrock22
11-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I should have DDP'ed him on the spot...

Fixed and agreed. :goodjob:

http://www.highspots.com/images/images_125/zzzzd94s_DDP_auto_L.gif

Sorry to hear about the wreck, looked to be a beautiful car.

EL42
11-17-2009, 05:53 PM
wow,is the radiator and support destroyed?

DB4LYFE ™
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear.. and see. g/l i assume its done?

~DB4LYFE

jhadleyh
11-17-2009, 05:57 PM
not cool

JDMJAYDC2
11-17-2009, 05:58 PM
damn kevin you just cant win man this sucks glad your ok tho

RedGTS
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
sorry man

gtikid
11-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Damn Kevin, that blows man. Gotta be more careful out there dude

singhondeck
11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
no follow closey, damn looks to be a clean crx..

AyO Deebo
11-17-2009, 07:15 PM
JDM Frontal!

NoWAyItZTOMmY
11-17-2009, 07:44 PM
http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83055

danggg again lolol

singhondeck
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83055

danggg again lolol

lol, same damn story again, damn that 00 altima got fuckedddd :(

Sol-Badguy
11-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Ouch..

Rebuild?

vubuilt
11-17-2009, 09:53 PM
get distracted much?

Skillet
11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
damn that sucks....at least your ok

lanning
11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

uproot
11-17-2009, 10:32 PM
i saw this on facebook :(

glad you're alright... that sucks though man

Krappy
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
Damn kevin... how many times have you wrecked your front end?

blue94eg6
11-17-2009, 10:49 PM
damn bro sorry to hear about your car, but you shouldn't been following closely your car looks f**ked up hope you fix it soon.

Glides
11-18-2009, 08:04 AM
And since your car is a Tuner, you HAD to be speeding and drifting and drag racing the rain drops and acting the fool.....yea, uh huh, of course.

Sorry to see that because your car was fab. It will get back though, the damage isn't that bad.

AnthonyF
11-18-2009, 08:07 AM
You go through front ends like drifters go through tires.

They got these things called steering wheels, if you don't panic and lock up the brakes, you're able to veer out of the way. :goodjob:

Srsly though, sorry to hear Kevin. Maybe school isn't for you? Or you need a car with ABS. :)

-Ant.

Jason..
11-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Fuck Kevin!

cjhutch
11-18-2009, 08:36 AM
I know exactly where that little road is where you wrecked. That's right around Kennestone hospital. I'm going to say you were either speeding or doing something besides paying attention to the road. That little area is nothing but small side streets and unless you're going 45-50 mph there should have been no reason you were not able to stop within 20-30 feet even with wet roads. It really hurts to say this, but the cop was probably right for writing you a ticket. If all the other cars were able to stop in time and you were the only one to hit someone that says something right there. Damn good looking car though.

cactusEG
11-18-2009, 09:14 AM
what did her BF say ?

ash7
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
They got these things called steering wheels, if you don't panic and lock up the brakes, you're able to veer out of the way. :goodjob:
-Ant.

Amen to that.

-jonathan

Andy_013
11-18-2009, 10:08 AM
damn that sucks kevin. november is not a good month for you, two years in a row

...at least your ok

DustnU
11-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Damn it man sorry to see ur car like that, glad ur ok.

swollix
11-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Was she hot?

e30pwr
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM

troofs. and i had just seen your car and fell in love. fuckers

u8myore0
11-18-2009, 01:47 PM
really sorry and glad ur okay. if you need anything let me know!

civic gsr
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
did you hit vtec ???lol jk

boosted_nonv
11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
i think something had to do with this and a girl for you to do that homie:diddle:, sorry about the wreck though good thing you're ok

cwhiteboy
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Damn man. You need to stop hitting shit! Is the Rex gonna be ok. Hope everything is well with you man.

Da_unknown
11-18-2009, 09:46 PM
so sad kev

eraser4g63
11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
So is this wreck number 2 or 3?

SlamminCRX
11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
damn sucks to see this!

getting fixed or is it done?

KevinT707
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Appreciate the concerns, and yes I was perfectly fine. No I was not speeding.

I'll have to be more careful and pay more attention after I get it fixed.

In the process of locating an 88-91 Civic/CRX (non-4DR) Hood + 90-91 CRX front bumper + front bumper support.

marcos713
11-20-2009, 01:10 AM
damnz dude, well glad to see your str8 and your rex lives on to run my teg :ninja:

Jiggity96
11-20-2009, 02:47 AM

my exact first thought

BABY J
11-20-2009, 03:30 AM
Damn RJ DeVera --- this sux :( Your insurance company will prob drop you --- and so will Pepsi. :(

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/MUSIC_MAESTRO/RJ.jpg
:
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u59/MUSIC_MAESTRO/RJ2.jpg
:
For comparison:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/3197979971_a82f01f00a_o.jpg
:

swollix
11-20-2009, 07:42 AM
For comparison:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3099/3197979971_a82f01f00a_o.jpg
:

Heeey that's my photo. Here's another:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3356/3198826400_67323c5d19_o.jpg

KevinT707
11-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Baby J is a fool LOL, I look nothing like that now though.

Looks so shiny in those pics, inspires me to work quicker to get it back to that level.

Should I change the color of the hood and/or bumper to ANY thing while I get them repainted?

4eGv6o3
11-20-2009, 07:50 PM
That it one clean hatch. Sucks what happened, hopefully she'll be up and running in no time. Hope you're alright.

e30pwr
11-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Should I change the color of the hood and/or bumper to ANY thing while I get them repainted?

quite talking blasphemy!!!

gsrteg
11-20-2009, 10:16 PM
man, that really sux...why the crx, why couldnt it have been different car!

VickNotic
11-21-2009, 08:18 AM
remember when you 1st installed in your upgraded vw brakesystem? and how u bragged that you stop on a dime? Guessing it didn't work this time huh. wow it's always the same scenario with you and always the front end also that gets smashed up sorry for the panda, but if anything i'll rent you the DB and you take kare of the gas/monthly like last time if anything 8D

Papa_Smurf
11-21-2009, 10:00 AM
i feel for ya bro.

but i do think you need to invest in a brush guard ;)

DriVaH
11-21-2009, 10:29 AM
damn son!!!!! that is honda abuse... glad you are ok though, and i hope she bounces back. she is a beauty...

KevinT707
11-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for all the kind replies, really appreciated :)

but if anything i'll rent you the DB and you take kare of the gas/monthly like last time if anything 8D

Yeah yeah:blah:, road was wet + tires were bald = slid 20 feet. So if you're serious about it then yes I will take the 4DR Teg from you, but does it even have insurance? LMK asap, I need a car

Brian*
11-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Ouch, sorry man*

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks for all the kind replies, really appreciated :)

Yeah yeah:blah:, road was wet + tires were bald = slid 20 feet. So if you're serious about it then yes I will take the 4DR Teg from you, but does it even have insurance? LMK asap, I need a car

Ok this isn't for you. this is for the whole community. You can find cheap tires on craigslist all the time, or get some non performance but still decent all seasons for not too much money. I am so tired of people using driving on bald tires as an excuse, how is that not STILL your fault? When tires start getting bald, GET tires, do you go through them too quickly? Well maybe the slammed high camber fad with 200 treadware summer tires isn't for you. If you need those nicer tires for performance, you may want to invest in looking good daily wheels with a semi-decent deep treaded all season tire, and then some ugly steel race wheels with the soft quick wearing rubber.

That being said, when I rear ended the guy I rear ended, my tires were fine, but I was on a concrete entry ramp that turns and faces downhill, so I didn't see him until I made the turn at the highway ramp speeds of about 50 mph, then the concrete reduced my stopping distance to utter shit and bam, I hit him.

NOW THIS is to the OP, Kevin:
I'm not trying to scold you or anything, but don't LET yourself drive on bald tires, one of the worst excuses people say all the time. Also, this story is EXACTLY the same as something that happened before, which makes it hard to feel you're doing your part right while driving. You seem like a cool guy and all from all the support on the thread, and I like the car (other than the rear of the hood being propped up) and I hope things get better. Realize I'm not being a dick but I am saying you might want to change your driving style a hair, I have found myself to be much more careful after rear ending the guy. Also, you might want to think differently about how and when you purchase tires.

wantboost
11-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Ok this isn't for you. this is for the whole community. You can find cheap tires on craigslist all the time, or get some non performance but still decent all seasons for not too much money. I am so tired of people using driving on bald tires as an excuse, how is that not STILL your fault? When tires start getting bald, GET tires, do you go through them too quickly? Well maybe the slammed high camber fad with 200 treadware summer tires isn't for you. If you need those nicer tires for performance, you may want to invest in looking good daily wheels with a semi-decent deep treaded all season tire, and then some ugly steel race wheels with the soft quick wearing rubber.

is that why you dont rear end people.... oh wait....

sorry couldn't resist :crazy:

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 12:34 PM
is that why you dont rear end people.... oh wait....

sorry couldn't resist :crazy:

haha no I rear ended him because I came around the turn and saw brake lights, but my brain didn't grasp that he was actually STOPPED on the highway IN the only free lane with the other lane next to him blocked by a cop car; I didn't think anyone could be that stupid. I though he was just slowing until I realized just how quickly the gap between us was closing, and by then my tires were locked up and sliding on the concrete ramp that has vertical grooves for left and right lateral grip (it's a left hand turning ramp, so the state cuts slits in it so you don't lose control taking it at 40 or 50, but they don't have stopping in mind)had a super small contact patch (superimposed texture of the road --> VVVVVVVVVVVV)

BABY J
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Pot - meet kettle.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/80/244619099_ff9d8257a4_o.jpg

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Pot - meet kettle.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/80/244619099_ff9d8257a4_o.jpg

I haven't rear ended more than 1 person and I drive on good tires. I already stated those were my 2 biggest points, but suddenly I'm a hyppocrite because I happened to crash in the same way he did?

BABY J
11-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I haven't rear-ended any1. And I drive on good tires. Even when I drive on good tires my eyes are where my car WILL be not where it's at. When you see brake lights you PREPARE TO STOP --- PERIOD. Not "assume that they are slowing down". If that was the case they would call them "slow-down" lights. The FIRST assumption you make when a vehicle in FRONT OF YOU has illuminated BRAKE lights is that they are stopping or have stopped - PERIOD.

And yes you're being a hypocrite.

LO fuckin EL at "i haven't rear-ended more than 1 person" - lol. Are you serious? LOL.

"Your honor I haven't killed more than 1 person... and he was mean - so I feel that I should be let out of these cuffs b/c I want to go to IHOP and put this all behind me". Too funny.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm not siding w/ you - hell I'm not even siding w/ Kevin. You KNOW when you have bald or balding tires. It just doesn't happen in an instant. When you know you have bald tires then you should not follow closely - ESPECIALLY when conditions are gonna limit acceleration, braking and cornering. Just putting it all out there.

KevinT707
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
NOW THIS is to the OP, Kevin:
I'm not trying to scold you or anything, but don't LET yourself drive on bald tires, one of the worst excuses people say all the time. Also, this story is EXACTLY the same as something that happened before, which makes it hard to feel you're doing your part right while driving. You seem like a cool guy and all from all the support on the thread, and I like the car (other than the rear of the hood being propped up) and I hope things get better. Realize I'm not being a dick but I am saying you might want to change your driving style a hair, I have found myself to be much more careful after rear ending the guy. Also, you might want to think differently about how and when you purchase tires.
You have a good point & you are absolutely right. From my mistakes lead these multiple accidents for sure. I will definitely keep this in mind although it is common sense. Although money does play an important role too; gotta have money to have tires ..

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
I haven't rear-ended any1. And I drive on good tires. Even when I drive on good tires my eyes are where my car WILL be not where it's at. When you see brake lights you PREPARE TO STOP --- PERIOD. Not "assume that they are slowing down". If that was the case they would call them "slow-down" lights. The FIRST assumption you make when a vehicle in FRONT OF YOU has illuminated BRAKE lights is that they are stopping or have stopped - PERIOD.

And yes you're being a hypocrite.

LO fuckin EL at "i haven't rear-ended more than 1 person" - lol. Are you serious? LOL.

"Your honor I haven't killed more than 1 person... and he was mean - so I feel that I should be let out of these cuffs b/c I want to go to IHOP and put this all behind me". Too funny.

I only rear ended one person as in this will prevent me from doing it again as I now realize just how easily it can happen, and I leave much more distance now. He has done it once before this, and then did it again, so basically what I was telling him was to take from the experience and change the manner in which he drives.

Also, if you assumed everyone was stopping when you saw brake lights you would be rear ended a lot. Coasting down a hill you see brake lights ahead of you flash so you slam on your brakes, that'd just be idiotic. I'd assume they were slowing because they are going down hill, but without a turn signal, I wouldn't expect them to stop for anything if I saw no obstructions in front of them. I'd slow down with them to keep the distance but when I come around a 55mph turn and think I am seeing a slow moving (maybe 20 or 30mph) truck I casually brake as if to slow to 30 then realize what I was seeing was stopped and that I had used up some precious braking room, I also slid for a good long distance not expecting my car to travel that far at ALL because the road surface was one I was unfamiliar with, I've never had to come to a stop quickly on an elevated exit ramp, I didn't realize the concrete was a slippery surface, even when dry. The kicker to that one is that the concrete is grooved so that it is only slippery on the y-axis.

One more thing, your logic is flawed greatly. "If that were the case they would be called 'slow down lights'." We'll by your own deductive reasoning, if you were supposed to assume they're coming to a stop they'd be called "stop lights". They are however called brake lights, and brakes are used to both slow AND stop a vehicle, meaning you can assume they are slowing and/or stopping.

I also do know about looking ahead, and there wasn't anyone in front of the truck either, another reason I had no idea why he would be stopped, so I reasoned that he wasn't stopped but it was that effect where you are going faster than someone and it just looks like they're not moving. Also I can't stress enough how much I was making all the right judgements in my head just not REALIZING how much distance I needed on that surface. I wasn't saying the OP drives horribly, but to make the same mistake twice means soemthing needs to be changed, I don't see how you think I am a hypocrite for all of this. Have you even considered the idea that yes I was in the situation he was in and I am giving the advice as another person who DID go through the situation?

Are you saying my points of driving on good tires and becoming a more careful driver aren't valid, because those were the only points I made? You seem to be getting bent out of shape of little minor details that have nothing to do with you. So you can keep your uninvolved not knowing how the fuck things happened ass out of all the nitty gritty details and just agree with those main points or disagree.

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
You have a good point & you are absolutely right. From my mistakes lead these multiple accidents for sure. I will definitely keep this in mind although it is common sense. Although money does play an important role too; gotta have money to have tires ..
True, just be aware of what shape your tires are in and compensate for it. And it is common sense but it doesn't mean that we don't all get sloppy from time to time.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I only rear ended one person as in this will prevent me from doing it again as I now realize just how easily it can happen, and I leave much more distance now. He has done it once before this, and then did it again, so basically what I was telling him was to take from the experience and change the manner in which he drives.

Also, if you assumed everyone was stopping when you saw brake lights you would be rear ended a lot. Coasting down a hill you see brake lights ahead of you flash so you slam on your brakes, that'd just be idiotic. I'd assume they were slowing because they are going down hill, but without a turn signal, I wouldn't expect them to stop for anything if I saw no obstructions in front of them. I'd slow down with them to keep the distance but when I come around a 55mph turn and think I am seeing a slow moving (maybe 20 or 30mph) truck I casually brake as if to slow to 30 then realize what I was seeing was stopped and that I had used up some precious braking room, I also slid for a good long distance not expecting my car to travel that far at ALL because the road surface was one I was unfamiliar with, I've never had to come to a stop quickly on an elevated exit ramp, I didn't realize the concrete was a slippery surface, even when dry. The kicker to that one is that the concrete is grooved so that it is only slippery on the y-axis.

One more thing, your logic is flawed greatly. "If that were the case they would be called 'slow down lights'." We'll by your own deductive reasoning, if you were supposed to assume they're coming to a stop they'd be called "stop lights". They are however called brake lights, and brakes are used to both slow AND stop a vehicle, meaning you can assume they are slowing and/or stopping.

I also do know about looking ahead, and there wasn't anyone in front of the truck either, another reason I had no idea why he would be stopped, so I reasoned that he wasn't stopped but it was that effect where you are going faster than someone and it just looks like they're not moving. Also I can't stress enough how much I was making all the right judgements in my head just not REALIZING how much distance I needed on that surface. I wasn't saying the OP drives horribly, but to make the same mistake twice means soemthing needs to be changed, I don't see how you think I am a hypocrite for all of this. Have you even considered the idea that yes I was in the situation he was in and I am giving the advice as another person who DID go through the situation?

Are you saying my points of driving on good tires and becoming a more careful driver aren't valid, because those were the only points I made? You seem to be getting bent out of shape of little minor details that have nothing to do with you. So you can keep your uninvolved not knowing how the fuck things happened ass out of all the nitty gritty details and just agree with those main points or disagree.

You're right. I've only been driving 15 years and never rear-ended any1, and never have stopped so abruptly that some1 rear-ended me. My logic MUST be flawed. You obv have it all figured out to the point to where you can direct other people.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
And the last time I checked this is a public forum, so I am just as involved as you are - you piping in here w/ x-axis, the moon, Corn Flakes and Band-Aids BULLSHIT like it matters - YOU HIT SOME1 on a fucking RAMP which should DEFINITELY be considered a danger-zone at all times. You admitted you saw brake lights and did NOTHING to adjust for it until it was too late. There are road-hazards everyday - ESPECIALLY in Atlanta. People do improper shit on a REGULAR basis - and aside from a car LOCKING THEM UP in front of you there is very litte excuses for ramming into some1. If you realized you were sliding then you could have let off the brake to gain some steering to avoid them - yadda yadda yadda.

Whatever man. Please provide us all w/ another wall of text - it's delicious.

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
You're right. I've only been driving 15 years and never rear-ended any1, and never have stopped so abruptly that some1 rear-ended me. My logic MUST be flawed. You obv have it all figured out to the point to where you can direct other people.

your sarcasm overlooks that what I said as my input TO direct others are nothing but 2 good points regaurdless of what I have done. If you're saying because I crashed you shouldn't listen to what I say then:

By all means OP, drive on tires in any condition, and keep driving the exact same, nothing bad will ever happen again.

I wasn't telling him HOW to drive, just to not drive how he was before, as it hasn't seemed to work. Now my input on how to actually go about driving you could laugh at and choose to not take seriously, as I have recently rear ended someone as well, and therefore I have improvements to make myself, but that wasn't the argument you made you just called me a hypocrite and tried to make it seem like anything I say at all regarding the matter has absolutely no validity and is false.

Allas, I think the OP and I both have learned enough from our mistakes to hopefully prevent them again. I'll just stay out of it from here on out but the tire argument is one I have been meaning to bring up in numerous crash threads, as it has always bothered me.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
It's all good man. We just have 2 diff driving styles. In 30 years I don't make any "assumptions" that other drivers won't do stupid shit. I KNOW they will - that's where experience comes in.

I've have seen people at a DEAD STOP in an acceleration lane trying to propel their Taurus GL from a dig to merge w/ 80mph traffic at night in the ice. When I see brake lights I PREPARE TO STOP and/or AM PREPARED TO STOP - PERIOD (BEFORE my bumper hits their car), even if I do not need to. That is what you failed to do, by your own admission, and you hit some1 b/c of that.

I am not arguing your point on tires - I supported it, and even re--enforced it. If you KNOW you have bald tires then you need to provide more room for braking, provide less speed for turning, and have less aggressive acceleration. Not brain surgery at all for any1.

Maybe I just think it's funny coming from you - but then again, what better person to listen to than some1 who just did the same thing. Saul Goode kid. Carry on.:cheers:

87 Turbo II
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I'll definitely admit I need more driving experience and I need change the way I drive. I just didn't like how I felt I made to good points(ok maybe they were so obvious they didn't need to be said, but my bad) and was made to look like someone who shouldn't be listened to at all, absolutely no credibility. I'll keep you advice of being prepaired to stop when I see red ahead in mind. Glad things are cool now.

BABY J
11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
I'll definitely admit I need more driving experience and I need change the way I drive. I just didn't like how I felt I made to good points(ok maybe they were so obvious they didn't need to be said, but my bad) and was made to look like someone who shouldn't be listened to at all, absolutely no credibility. I'll keep you advice of being prepaired to stop when I see red ahead in mind. Glad things are cool now.

We've always had favorable interaction on here -- that won't change man. Kevin knows he was gonna get laughed at b/c he has done this before - LOL. There is no better way to learn a lesson than to RE-LEARN it all over again. LOL.

And yes your points were great points... I thought that went w/out saying :)