PDA

View Full Version : Leaking injector

Si_freak
11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
I have a B16a2 thats has started leaking gas from the injectors. I took the injectors out and put new O rings on them which stopped the leak. I drive the car all day no problems at all but as soon as it sits for a few hours it starts again. When i take the O rings out they are trashed and i dont know whats causing the problem. If anyone has an Idea id like to hear it thanks.

punkr6
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
they fit really tight, you gotta put some oil on them before you install or they will tear.

Si_freak
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
ok ill try that this time.but why doesnt it leak right then if theres a tear and not later? just wondering. and thanks for the info reps.

Tech5
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
are you just using rubber O rings? or HONDA Brown injector seals?

If you just bought regular O rings it will not work they have to be designed to take having gas on them, others will not last,

also when you install them do this..

when the fuel rail is off and the injectors are out and you installed the new rings onto the injectors either spit on the rings, or light oil or WD40 and twist back an forth and stick them into the rail first. then once that is done install the rail back with the injectors in the rail. before you tighten the rail down twist the injectors back an forth again this will make sure they are sealed right. tighten the rail down but not over tighten the nuts. once your done twist the injectors again to make sure they are sealed and your done. Congrats

Si_freak
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
im using fuel rated rings i bought from the parts store. im pretty sure that im tearing the rings when i put them in the rail im going to lube them this time and do what you said josh. i tried to call you but no answer i knew you would know what the deal is. thanks for the help and the info on this and reps to ya.(reps as soon as i can cant rep you yet)

Black4DrEK
11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
x2 you could be doing damage when you put them in. be careful and GL

Si_freak
11-16-2009, 10:25 AM
x2 you could be doing damage when you put them in. be careful and GL
thanks man. i think i met you at a newnan meet once. i have the red SI. thik you ran the guy with the prelude that night.

Black4DrEK
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
^oo ok cool..

GL with it man.. Get that thing fixed!!

Si_freak
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
got it in the car and running fine done what you said josh worked great. thanks again for the help guys

Tech5
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM
ANYTIME HOMIE