PDA

View Full Version : Old School Japanese Car meets - 2009 End of year review...

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Well we closed out 2009's version of the OSJC meets with a cap gun sized pop. We started off strong as hail and it fizzled a bit towards the end. Our first meet, at Lake Lanier, went off great with over 40 cars showing up. We had many different models and makes of cars. It was one of our best we've had.

From there we held the next at Road Atlanta for The Mitty. Another 25+ showed up for this one to make it a cool meet. Several drove the rack for a lap and witnessed a couple of folks being tossed out for holding an impromptu drift contest. Quite a few folks stayed overnight. Hopefully we'll have a bigger turnout next year seeing as how BRE will be the feature.

What I feel was the best and coolest meet we've had was the Fourth of July meet. Being invited to participate in a county festival was very cool. We had a People's Choice award where all the festival-goers voted for their favorite car. Over 100 people took the time to vote. Very cool. Also, we have been invited to make this an annual meet.

TFS was the next meet and it went down ok. Maybe 15 total cars showed up and not all at the same time. The weather, hopefully, played a huge part in the decline in numbers. We'll see what happens next year.

We ended our second year of meets with a little mountain cruising. A disappointing 6 OSJCs made it. This is a great idea to do and we'll see if we can make this a better planned thing for next year.

Thanks to everyone who participated in one or in all of the meets. I can't personally thank any one person as it takes all of us to make this happen.

Here's to a bigger, better 2010 for the OSJC meets. Later, QD.

LeX
11-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Yep hopefully 2010 will be pretty sick. If the weather is good and all the guys can make it to JCCS that would be amazing...

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Yep hopefully 2010 will be pretty sick. If the weather is good and all the guys can make it to JCCS that would be amazing...

I'm talking about our OSJC meets. A trip to Cali is never going to happen so that isn't even in the mix. Later, QD.

LeX
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm talking about our OSJC meets. A trip to Cali is never going to happen so that isn't even in the mix. Later, QD.

I don't think it's never going to happen...

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I don't think it's never going to happen...

I'm 100% sure it won't. But this thread isn't about that. Later, QD.

LeX
11-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Well anyway I look forward to next year and Stone Mountain, Lanier, Yargo whatever!

EP3sAreFun
11-15-2009, 04:28 PM
I gotta say i'm disappointed in myself. I feel like I should have made more effort to get to the meets. But i'm getting somethings done now that'll really make my car pop next year. It'll be a really good representation of what a starion can really do.

quickdodgeŽ
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
^^^ Yeah, it was disappointing that the Starions didn't represent like they did the year before. Later, QD.

puregroove
11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
It's, only, just begun! 2010, here we come! --savin' 'em all from the crusher!! RAWRRRR!!!

BABY J
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I disappointed in myself a bit as well. Arguably my Civic is the most road-worthy OG on the board and I didn't make a lot of the meets bc I was dicking around w/ the Wagovan. LOL. I'm wrecking shop next year tho - so yall be ready.

Glides
11-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Well, I have to say i'm not dissappointed in myself at all. I made it to almost all of them and had a blast doing it. Thanks alot.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Well, I have to say i'm not dissappointed in myself at all. I made it to almost all of them and had a blast doing it. Thanks alot.

I'm not disappointed at all for the first half of the year, but the second half wasn't so good. We have made some good progress and with having two cool locations to hold our meets, this year we'll have more of a head start on passing the word around to fill these spots up. Later, QD.

SUPE
11-16-2009, 03:43 PM
i think to much time in between back home is every week and cars need to be at least clean.k

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2009, 03:47 PM
i think to much time in between back home is every week and cars need to be at least clean.k

Huh? Later, QD.

SUPE
11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
i have been in the meetings the crowd is nice but the cars need to be more taken care off.just some ideas for the future sorry if i ofend somebody it was not my intencion to do so.

quickdodgeŽ
11-16-2009, 07:06 PM
i have been in the meetings the crowd is nice but the cars need to be more taken care off.just some ideas for the future sorry if i ofend somebody it was not my intencion to do so.

No offense. Just didn't understand what you were saying.

But this is the beauty of our meets. We don't require or care if the car is in showroom shape. As long as it runs, bring it. If you don't want to hang around a crowd of cars that aren't up to your standards, by all means, don't come. Later, QD.

dragoncelica
11-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Did someone took pictures of this last Saturday?

F8d2Blk
11-17-2009, 07:11 AM
Did someone took pictures of this last Saturday?

I have a few from the first half of the meet posted in the last event section.
PM me your email and I can send it to you through facebook.

Stormhammer
11-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Starion folks are a finicky bunch honestly - granted I know the locals are always up for it.

The car's on the other hand... lets see

Kyle's needs ECU tuning, Cregg got a rod knock, Grant needs MPI tuning... I think, I need to basically change engines because previous engine owner reused a bad crankshaft, and my mom lost the only key to hers :lmao:

EP3sAreFun
11-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Starion folks are a finicky bunch honestly - granted I know the locals are always up for it.

The car's on the other hand... lets see

Kyle's needs ECU tuning, Cregg got a rod knock, Grant needs MPI tuning... I think, I need to basically change engines because previous engine owner reused a bad crankshaft, and my mom lost the only key to hers :lmao:

my what needs what? i drove it everyday to and from work for a month. :) it needs some fine tuning to reach my horsepower pipe dream but it runs great now ;)

Big_Dave
11-30-2009, 11:18 PM
I had a great time this year, and want to thank everyone that came to a meet this year. The numbers weren't where they were last year, but I think the fun factor went up this season. The mitty and the 4th of July event of this year, have solidified a great time for all next year. For everyone that didn't camp, or run in the touring laps on the track , you missed alot of fun and comraderie. Save a few extra bucks and plan on taking the whole weekend next year. Trust me, it is worth it. Also, show up for the next osjc mountain run, it was a fun time. I know the numbers seemed to dwindle alot towards the end of the season. Many of us had alot of problems with our cars, cash has been short, the weather has been bad, etc, but we've managed to keep a pretty tight knit group for the most part. Hopefully next year will go smoother and the "lurkers" will start coming to all of the meets.