PDA

View Full Version : google chrome OS

guinness
11-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Google Chrome OS is set to launch within the next week.....beta version of course for some platforms.

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/11/14/google-chrome-os-launch-to-launch-within-a-week

civicturbo10
11-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Are you going to beta test it? I have a friend who uses Linux and swears by it for reliability / usability, wonder how it will hold up to it.

guinness
11-15-2009, 09:00 AM
i am trying to get a beta developer's copy to have since they had already given me a developer's copy of wave,so we will see.i have played with it some and i will go along with your friend in saying the same stuff about it as him/her.that and the fact of how simple,beautiful,and friendly it is for the user.it is going to be a big movement in the IT/computer industry!!!

ash7
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
If you get a beta version, i'd LOVE to acquire a copy from you and run it on my netbook. I'm a huge fan of Google's Chrome web browser already. :goodjob:

-jonathan

green91
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Linux has the stability and while kde and gnome are both decent desktop managers.. its still to complicated for the average person and to much of a learning curve. Google has an amazing ability and drive to simplify technologies and make them very straight forward. I only see good things coming from this venture for the *nix community.