PDA

View Full Version : Need some HTML help

stillaneon
11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
I paid someone to build a web page for me. What they ended up doing was building a template, which was fine because I honestly don't think the guy who built it would be intelligent enough to find a leaf on a tree when it comes to anything other than building websites. Anyway, so after I got most of the work done, i find out the template he built is too small to hold a 480x60 banner without having to scroll to the right slightly (Which I feel is ridiculous).

Needless to say, I sent him an email asking him if there was a way for me to make the template bigger, and his response was that he would charge me almost the same amount of money to redesign the template (make it bigger) as he charged me to "build the website".

Does anyone know where in the HTML code it shows the actual page size and if I adjust that number, will it screw everything else up?

Here is the website:

www.asapcarclub.com

My biggest concern is the contacts page.

I would pay the guy to do it if I wasn't a little angry that I paid him "build a website" and all I got was a template in which I have spent more time trying to adjust than I feel I should have, and then he feels that he can't even assist me....

If anyone can help, I will send you the code and I dont mind doing the adjustments to all the pages, if I know what to adjust

guinness
11-14-2009, 06:10 PM
send me the source code and i will be happy to take a look at it for you and give you some direction on how you can do it yourself and save yourself a headache and some money as well.

David88vert
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
PM me your number. I can help you.

jorgen
11-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Maybe this?

div#overflow
{

width:433px;
height:198px;
overflow: auto;

just do a 'save as' and play with it in notepad.
adjust the width and height as necessary.
you should be able to find it.