PDA

View Full Version : Misc WWII in HD...

quickdodge®
11-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Coming on the HISTORY Channel starting Sunday night and running every night til Thursday. Two one-hour episodes per night. They come on at 9pm and 10pm. This should be a real cool series to check out. My grandfather was in South Africa and a couple of other spots before storming the beach so I'll hopefully be able to see some cool footage. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
11-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Should be an awesome series.. Time to program the DVR.....

BKgen®
11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Sounds good, man. Thanks for the heads up.

88NaCivic
11-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I saw the ad for this yesterday! Looks to be a good on DVR is on record for these.

Dr.G35
11-15-2009, 11:46 PM
the whole show was amazing!

On_Her_Face
11-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I've watched all of them so far! Two of them today inbetween classes. Thank god for DVR.

matthewAPM
11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Have all of them recorded so far. I CANT STOP WATCHING!

YoTa_BoX
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Was going to make a post on this show, glad to see some one already has. This show was amazing to say the least. Iv never seen a WWII documentary done any better than this one.

The maker was able to bring the emotion through the screen, and you could feel what those guys were saying, about their experiences. The one scene where the nurse is talking, and she said one soldier asked her if he was going to be alright, and she kissed his forehead and said yes, and he said just making sure, then he died... Damn, that brought tears to my eyes. She said, we cried in solitude, but never in front of the boys.

The music, the footage, the speeches whiles things were happening, all just came together for a breath taking experience that tugged at your heart every second of the show. I would love to meet the producer of this, so I could shake his hand. Truly an amazing documentary.

americanctm
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
This show was amazing to say the least. Iv never seen a WWII documentary done any better than this one.

The music, the footage, the speeches whiles things were happening, all just came together for a breath taking experience that tugged at your heart every second of the show. I would love to meet the producer of this, so I could shake his hand. Truly an amazing documentary.

Worded perfectly. This 10 hour documentary by the History Channel is probably the best and most ambitious project they have ever done, simply awesome.

ISAtlanta300
11-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm looking forward to their next documentary: America: The Story of US.

Damn... History Channel is BACK !!

Double_0_Rusty
11-19-2009, 07:54 PM
That series was amazing. I watched every minute of it, and loved it. My bedroom tv stays on the History Channel. In college history was my major

FasTech
11-20-2009, 12:04 AM
I have them on record. So, I have like 3 or 4 but I'm watching them now. So far it has some really cool footage. My great grandfather served in WWII and fought the beachs of Normady.

redpanda
11-20-2009, 12:23 AM
very interesting stuff

AnthonyF
11-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I've been watching it, I love it and anything to do with WWII.

-Ant.

mmmmpsi
11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm a huge WWII and military movie/show fan.. I find the WWII in HD series kinda boring though to be honest.. I really really enjoyed Band of Brothers (Yes I know it was a hollywood production) but it was done very well..

My TV is pretty much locked on The Military Channel and I really like wings of the luftwaffe, weaponology, Top 10 Series and pretty much anything to do with war. :)