PDA

View Full Version : Need Plumbing Help Please...I just need info...

GAtegs
11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I need to know what the fixture is in the very top of this group of images.

Whatever it is annoys the crap out of me and I am ready to fix it or get rid of it...I do need to know what it is before I can do either, though.

As you can see in the images, these are holes in the wall in my basement. The blue lines represent the general direction that these water pipes run. The picture on the very bottom is what this looks like from the outside. The valve in the "frame" in the main picture is a shut off for the faucet outside...the unknown fixture is connected the water line going through the shut off valve and it is then the pipe coming off the valve connects to some sort of drain/overflow outside. The water leaks almost constantly, so not only am I paying for this, but it is starting to ruin a patch in my back yard, but the main concern/reason for deeper digging is that it random whines/squeels and it is EXTREMELY annoying since we notice it most when everything is quiet in the house and we are trying to relax and watch TV upstairs.

LOOONNNNGGGG story short, what is the fixture? Can I remove it/replace it? Is it some kinda pressure release? HELP!

http://gategs.com/random/pictures/plumbing.jpg

coolcat
11-14-2009, 12:03 AM
STOP TAKING SUCH BIG SHITS

Me86Rob
11-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Duckt tape will work

uproot
11-14-2009, 12:17 AM
if it's leaking through where 2 sections are threaded together, use teflon tape. that looks like an A/C drain pipe though, do you have an A/C unit on a level higher than this, maybe in your attic?

DB4LYFE ™
11-14-2009, 12:20 AM
looks kinda like a drainage pipe to me!

~DB4LYFE

uproot
11-14-2009, 12:23 AM
^ *high five*

TougeGTR-33
11-14-2009, 12:23 AM
wow i worked in plumbing for a while, and ive never seen this. I know what the shut off valve is but have no clue what that is in the wall. Looks like it might be a PRV of some sort if it drains out the side like that. Ive only seen those on water heaters. What kind of fixtures etc do you have in your house??

RedEj8
11-14-2009, 12:25 AM
That fixture is run off of the same pipe as the valve? Only thing I could think is it was the drain pipe for a hot water heater pressure release valve..But not if its run off the cold pipe..

It does look like some sort of pressure release but your home should have a pressure regulator on the main line coming from the street. Unless there is need for an extra pressure release in that part of your house.

SicStang03
11-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Oh, that would be the GET SOME FUCKING INSURANCE SO YOU DO HAVE TO FUCKING WORRY ABOUT IT valve