PDA

View Full Version : So...

§treet_§peed
11-13-2009, 12:34 AM
After thinking about it pretty heavily. I have decided that if everything plans out the way its looking for me in the following few months. Once I get my head above water with bills and start one of the three pretty promising jobs I was basically told I would be getting by next week. I am going to get a 1k bike this go around instead of buying a 600 and modding the internals and other things for performance. I figure I have a very descent amount of experience under my belt now from riding my old bike that was modded pretty decently and my friends bike that were way bigger and more powerful than mine. More than likely, I will try and get a 04-05 GSXR body style again, just a 1 liter bike this time. I dunno but for some reason I love that body style lol. Anyone?

TougeGTR-33
11-13-2009, 01:45 AM
yessir! I love that body style!

Subleg4
11-13-2009, 03:37 AM
buy my 1000k, RC51

THATdude
11-13-2009, 09:26 PM
well if you like the body style like your 6 them you want an 03/04 1k 05 1k looks like ant's 06 600

Justin.
11-14-2009, 12:33 AM
If you can ride a 250, you can ride any size bike.

§treet_§peed
11-15-2009, 01:59 PM
well if you like the body style like your 6 them you want an 03/04 1k 05 1k looks like ant's 06 600Ahh that's cool I didn't know that. Thanks for the info man.

If you can ride a 250, you can ride any size bike.You must not ride. There is a hell of difference in bikes when you pass 250. Please don't be one of those people that acts like they know about riding. When one or two things happens. One, they are scene kids and/or people, only into it and like it because it's what seems to be cool and/or the popular thing to do like fads you know. Two, they hang out with a few people that ride and may have rode a bike a few times but not enough to have any experience. Which in turn they might ave be misinformed about riding.

josh42191
11-16-2009, 01:49 AM
good luck be safe and have fun reps 4 getting a litter bike i'll be getting one once summer time hits

§treet_§peed
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Yea I miss riding period. Even if it would be on my old modded 600. My friend with his fully built 01 900rr is really the one that convinced me to go ahead and move on to a 1k. He told me I would have no problem because if i can ride his built bike with ease I shouldn't have any problems with a 1k as long as I stay careful.

Subleg4
11-18-2009, 05:22 AM
you control how fast the bike goes. If you have any kind of throttle control you ought to be able to handle it with ease, im 170lbs on my 1000 and I have 0 issues with the power differnece from my R6.

Justin.
11-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Ahh that's cool I didn't know that. Thanks for the info man.

You must not ride. There is a hell of difference in bikes when you pass 250. Please don't be one of those people that acts like they know about riding. When one or two things happens. One, they are scene kids and/or people, only into it and like it because it's what seems to be cool and/or the popular thing to do like fads you know. Two, they hang out with a few people that ride and may have rode a bike a few times but not enough to have any experience. Which in turn they might ave be misinformed about riding.

LOL, wrong about that one, I do ride. I actually own a motorcycle parts distribution company and own about mmhhmm...5 bikes. Thanks for your concern tho.

Also by my statement that you clearly did not get, If you have riding experience, you can ride anything and be safe and or dump it, hint you can get hurt just as bad on a 250 vs. any other bike. If you rode a 600, a 1000 isn't hard to ride, same concept, just more power

Also I could ride circles around you at the track, you on a 1000 me on 250.

What is your W.E.R.A # again, or maybe N.E.S.B.A. # :thinking:

p.s. call me emo again and I'll cut my wrist. :lmfao:

S2KJD
11-18-2009, 08:50 AM
congrats on the "promotion" or whatever good things are coming your way but just make sure you dont blow it all by hurting yourself on a bike...be careful :goodjob:

deathrex
11-18-2009, 08:56 PM
buy my repsol!

§treet_§peed
11-20-2009, 12:38 PM
buy my repsol!lol its gonna be awhile before I can buy another one. I just don't have a thing for Honda's bikes sorry lol. I stick with GSXR's, Ducati's, or MV's.

§treet_§peed
11-20-2009, 12:41 PM
LOL, wrong about that one, I do ride. I actually own a motorcycle parts distribution company and own about mmhhmm...5 bikes. Thanks for your concern tho.

Also by my statement that you clearly did not get, If you have riding experience, you can ride anything and be safe and or dump it, hint you can get hurt just as bad on a 250 vs. any other bike. If you rode a 600, a 1000 isn't hard to ride, same concept, just more power

Also I could ride circles around you at the track, you on a 1000 me on 250.

What is your W.E.R.A # again, or maybe N.E.S.B.A. # :thinking:

p.s. call me emo again and I'll cut my wrist. :lmfao:So your gonna down me because I'm not able to afford certain things. A 250 is a great learner bike yes. But it doesn't have no where near the power. You twist the throttle back on a 250 all the way and you have a fraction of the chance as you would on a 1k of it throwing you on your ass.

Halfwit
11-21-2009, 06:14 PM
lol its gonna be awhile before I can buy another one. I just don't have a thing for Honda's bikes sorry lol. I stick with GSXR's, Ducati's, or MV's.

ha. u have had 1 of those, can anyone guess which one?

sportbikes are soo very similar (honda, kawi, suzuki,yamaha) i bet i could put you on 4 different 600cc sportbikes and you couldnt tell me which one was different.

§treet_§peed
11-23-2009, 07:29 AM
ha. u have had 1 of those, can anyone guess which one?

sportbikes are soo very similar (honda, kawi, suzuki,yamaha) i bet i could put you on 4 different 600cc sportbikes and you couldnt tell me which one was different.and your point? Why do you like the cars you do? I like the different styling of the bikes. Just because I said I like MV Agustas and Ducati's your gonna jump my cause because I never had one? Great job there Casey. Actually there is a big difference in some. I rode my friend Josh's '09 CBR 600rr big difference even when I was used to riding a modded GSXR 600. Maybe close in performance and close to you if your not paying attention. But for me, there was a big difference in ever bike I have rode.

Halfwit
11-25-2009, 09:46 PM
and your point? Why do you like the cars you do? I like the different styling of the bikes. Just because I said I like MV Agustas and Ducati's your gonna jump my cause because I never had one? Great job there Casey. Actually there is a big difference in some. I rode my friend Josh's '09 CBR 600rr big difference even when I was used to riding a modded GSXR 600. Maybe close in performance and close to you if your not paying attention. But for me, there was a big difference in ever bike I have rode.

blah blah blah. there is a big difference in every bike you have ridden because of year, mods, and size. not because u notice a difference.

u know the problem i have with you, its your financial decisions. all you do is rattle on about things your "going to do" but its just talk.

wheres that STI you were definately gonna have that i bet you 100$ you wouldnt have, a yr before you said you would have it?

just spend less time talking about shit you are going to have or want to get, and more time trying to get them.

Tech5
11-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Where is the POPCORN eating little guy????

§treet_§peed
11-26-2009, 07:11 PM
blah blah blah. there is a big difference in every bike you have ridden because of year, mods, and size. not because u notice a difference.

u know the problem i have with you, its your financial decisions. all you do is rattle on about things your "going to do" but its just talk.

wheres that STI you were definately gonna have that i bet you 100$ you wouldnt have, a yr before you said you would have it?

just spend less time talking about shit you are going to have or want to get, and more time trying to get them.Well considering the economy is taking a shit and at no fault of my own I was laid off so that went out the window. Things happen and plans have to be changed when certain things happen. I mean what should I of done, forget about having a place to live and still got a nice car?

Halfwit
11-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Well considering the economy is taking a shit and at no fault of my own I was laid off so that went out the window. Things happen and plans have to be changed when certain things happen. I mean what should I of done, forget about having a place to live and still got a nice car?

umm no. im saying dont have soo many threads around ia about what "im gonna get when i get this one job"

its gay, cause u never know if you will or not.

and until your 100% financially stable, dont buy toys. just cause u get a decent job doesnt mean you go buy shit cause u think u will have that job forever. your jsut not smart.

§treet_§peed
11-28-2009, 02:11 AM
umm no. im saying dont have soo many threads around ia about what "im gonna get when i get this one job"

its gay, cause u never know if you will or not.

and until your 100% financially stable, dont buy toys. just cause u get a decent job doesnt mean you go buy shit cause u think u will have that job forever. your jsut not smart.When I bought that bike I was financially stable. But hey, NO ONE IS really right now. No one knows what tomorrow will bring with how shitty things are with the economy these days.

toxxxic
11-28-2009, 04:12 AM
everyone - lets blame our problems on the economy!!!!!!!

what if you get laid off from this job you're "going to get" ??

and yeah i agree with the "if you can ride a 250 you can ride a 1000" -- i don't even know how to DRIVE a bike and i agree with that statement -- if you're judging by "oh if you twist the throttle all the way, a 250 will do less damage than a 1000", you're a dumbass. who the hell twists the throttle all the way back on anything?!

ueyedgr8tness
11-28-2009, 09:23 AM
When I bought that bike I was financially stable. But hey, NO ONE IS really right now. No one knows what tomorrow will bring with how shitty things are with the economy these days.

its oks street i do the same thing.every since the economy shut down the housing iv put a hault to toy's. And now i haven't picked up anything yet because if i can't pay cash for it i want buy it. You seem to like bikes as much as i like cars every 1 has a addiction atleast your's is something u can sell and get $ back:goodjob: But just don't put yourself in a bind trying to buy a bike then loose your job when u get it:yes:

ueyedgr8tness
11-28-2009, 09:27 AM

and yeah i agree with the "if you can ride a 250 you can ride a 1000" -- i don't even know how to DRIVE a bike and i agree with that statement -- if you're judging by "oh if you twist the throttle all the way, a 250 will do less damage than a 1000", you're a dumbass. who the hell twists the throttle all the way back on anything?!

^ that shi* is funny because u would be suprise how many ppl up the cc and end up in the grave because they can not harness the power of a 1k:yes: trust me there is some dumbasses like that and i no some of them in the grave now for it:cry: "yes if you can ride a 250 u can ride a 1000" But not all ppl that jump on them are level headed enough to understand less throttle twist in curves as vs the 250 and thats how alot of ppl i no went down thinking they could just power out of curves open throttle like with the 250:no:

§treet_§peed
11-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks Vic and Toxxic.... You have no idea what you're talking about. You ask who twist the throttle back on anything, a lot of people do. You'd be surprised at how many people do it without noticing or intending to. A lot of times people go WOT because they get scared, nervous, or panic and do things without thinking and/or realizing they do it. But I used to love going WOT on straightaways.

m3dic8d
11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
who the hell twists the throttle all the way back on anything?!
Um, I do. :ninja:

There is a reason new riders that jump on litre bikes die. It's because they aren't for new riders... just because you understand the main concept of riding enough to roll around on a 250 means nothing when you get on a 1000 because then it's not just knowing the main concept... everything is thrown into play.

Come on guys, I'm a new rider and I understand this... it's not a hard concept. I see both arguments, and yes you could just not give it much gas and ride a 1000...but eventually you're going to go down on it. That's why there are so many "starter bike" threads

§treet_§peed
12-22-2009, 10:01 AM

Also, I don't believe you should try to talk on this topic when you have no experience with this subject. Unless you count sitting on because it's the "cool" thing to do.

DelxxxSol
12-22-2009, 10:46 AM
If you can ride a 250 you can ride a 1k is a contraversial statement. Yes you could if you wanted to, but that all depends on the rider and thier need to go fast. Some people could go to a 1k and be perfectly fine and be responsible with it, and learning about the different kind of power as they go. Others they will test the power more and more until they are sitting in a ditch bleeding to death or end up tboning a car. There are very huge differences in throttle control with a 250 to a 1k. You have a larger chance of lowsiding a 1k than a 250 just because the difference in a quarter throttle on both bikes a HUGE difference in power. Brakes on a 250 and a 1k a very different too. Most 250s have a single sided rotor and caliper while 1ks and other performance bikes have dual or even have brembos. You come from a 250 to a liter and grab a handful of brake too suddenly you could go down because of that. So there are two sides to the story of coming from a 250 to a 1k, but I beleive there is more harm than good to it. Not sure what all the hurry is to get to a 1k, enjoy the ride and upgrade in progression. You never know you may enjoy a lower cc bike than a 1k. I know I did. Coming around twisties a 1k is just not very fun which is why i went with a 750cc vtwin.

C-loS109
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I've got a 1203cc vtwin. its my first bike but im a big dude. 220lbs. all i know is that as long as i respect the bike i shouldn't have any problems. i don't have a need for speed and i ride the bike everyday, i know my limits and i know what the bike can do.

DelxxxSol
12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I've got a 1203cc vtwin. its my first bike but im a big dude. 220lbs. all i know is that as long as i respect the bike i shouldn't have any problems. i don't have a need for speed and i ride the bike everyday, i know my limits and i know what the bike can do.

no offense but thats a stupid move. Im guessing you are on a buell? you may not be stupid on it, and under control, but when you get to one of those o shit moments, you arent going to have the forgiveness of a 600 or 750 would have.

C-loS109
12-22-2009, 03:11 PM
no offense but thats a stupid move. Im guessing you are on a buell? you may not be stupid on it, and under control, but when you get to one of those o shit moments, you arent going to have the forgiveness of a 600 or 750 would have.

ooo shit moments can also be bad on any other bike...depends how much of a ooohhh shiit fuck moment it is... all im saying is. all im saying is that it all mostly depends on the rider. yeah off course its more power and what not but still. if im not doing stupid shit and acting like a retard i run a fewer chance of killing myself then alot of cocky douche bags that think they're invisible.

DelxxxSol
12-22-2009, 03:31 PM
ooo shit moments can also be bad on any other bike...depends how much of a ooohhh shiit fuck moment it is... all im saying is. all im saying is that it all mostly depends on the rider. yeah off course its more power and what not but still. if im not doing stupid shit and acting like a retard i run a fewer chance of killing myself then alot of cocky douche bags that think they're invisible.

O shit moments can be bad on any bike, but if you are having one of those moments and your first reaction is to grab a whole lotta throttle chances are that 1200 ccs of vtwin are going to wash out that backtire and who knows what from there, where as a 650 vtwin or 750 vtwin you have more room for error. I have owned many 1000cc vtwin bikes and I know what kind of power they have. Im not doubting you are a safe rider, and keeping respect for the bike will be the thing that keeps you alive. Just practice as much as possible (emergency stops, what to do when you are coming into a corner too hot or if there is something in the middle of the road) read books (twist of the wrist). The more knowledge the better off you will be.