PDA

View Full Version : door lock problems

lanning
11-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I was wondering if anybody else has had problems with their power door locks. The actuator seems to get hung up when i try to unlock the door with the key and with the switch. I cleaned it with some wd40 and it worked fine for a few days. Went and had my new keyless entry and alarm put on this morning and it starts acting up again. Thanks

5speed
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Remove the door panel and lock the the door, then unlock it both ways and see whats the deal.

lanning
11-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Did it a few times, i thought it was bc the clips that hold the rod in place that goes from the switch to the actuator were broken. but it works with the rod in or out of the clip. i cant see anything wrong with it lol

imperception
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Did it a few times, i thought it was bc the clips that hold the rod in place that goes from the switch to the actuator were broken. but it works with the rod in or out of the clip. i cant see anything wrong with it lol

The clips don't keep it from binding, that was always my problem...no clips

lanning
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
what i dont understand is it doesnt do it all the time its only every once in awhile

imperception
11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
what i dont understand is it doesnt do it all the time its only every once in awhile

it's possible the relay box is getting old on you. Relays do wear out over time causing a shortage in current/voltage to solenoid...OR, could be simply the motors wearing out...if you have a volt meter, test the INPUT at the actuator itself and flip the switch and see if you find any inconsistency.

CHECK for proper signal/voltage/current at:

output of keyless entry
input at relay box (OEM)
at input of actuator/solenoid

ALL SHOULD BE 12V

lanning
11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks, im thinking about taking it to the shop that did my alarm and seeing if the actuator is bad

imperception
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
thanks, im thinking about taking it to the shop that did my alarm and seeing if the actuator is bad

ever near Athens I'll do that shit myself...

lanning
11-12-2009, 05:11 PM
ever near Athens I'll do that shit myself...
im gunna try to come meet up with all of yall one weekend but its a long drive from tennessee