PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Need opinions on a new track car.

eraser4g63
11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Well, I am selling my current track/go play in the mountains toy and looking at picking up something different. So the options are an NA Miata possibly an NB Miata if the price is right. Second option is a GT-S AE86 ( had one offered as a trade basically in a more or less full race setup) and lastly an E30 BMW. Any of these cars will end up built like my FC3S with the majority of my money tied up in suspension, brakes, wheels and tires. Any input would be great, the car will mostly do some autox, open track days and see some time in the mountains there will be absolutely no and i can not stress this enough NO drifting. If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to post em!

civic95
11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Can't beat a miata or S2000 for track days. They handle better than almost anything, are very cheap to maintain (pads, rotors, etc), and they will take a beating over and over.

eraser4g63
11-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Thought about an S2000, but too rich for my blood right now. I am trying to save some green till late next year or early 2011 I will be trying to snag a C6 Z06.

HypnoToad
11-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Thought about an S2000, but too rich for my blood right now. I am trying to save some green till late next year or early 2011 I will be trying to snag a C6 Z06.

how bout a C4 track car and C6 DD:D

Big Baller
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
If you actually want to race I would do a Miata or E30 they have lots of people show up for the spec classes

eraser4g63
11-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Really not too interested in the Spec class stuff though those guys have suspension down to a damn science. I am looking for a car that I can take to the track and learn how to push it to the limit and eventually start trying to do a little time attack stuff.
And to hypno- I would love to have a C5 Track car or as a daily but alas the wife has spoken and I have to wait another year ( when she's happy I am happy in all sense of the word). I also can not justify putting any more money into my RX-7 I am nearing the cost of what a base C6 sells for now.