PDA

View Full Version : Gaming MW2 Story Mode

02SloWrx
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Man I didn't even look at the story mode yet, im too busy playing online. Anyone other than me that have not look at story yet, and just went online?

nreggie454
11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Played the campaign all the way through before going online. Gets a lot more value out of the game IMO. Not the longest story ever, but entertaining nonetheless.

Andr3w
11-11-2009, 01:44 PM
The story is great no doubt. It is short though. I am trying to take my time on it.

jle254
11-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah after reading everyones comments im trying to take it slow now. I think im close to beating it though but so far campaign mode is pretty legit.

WalkS
11-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I usually just play to Act II, then I play online. Once I get bored with multiplayer, I finish the campaign, this goes back and forth :goodjob:

soplocar
11-12-2009, 12:44 AM
o finished it today, and for what it seems, looksl like that there is going to be a MW3 later on..... to catch Makorov....

ItsBlack
11-12-2009, 01:15 AM
o finished it today, and for what it seems, looksl like that there is going to be a MW3 later on..... to catch Makorov....

dammit! You could have said "**Soiler Warning**" haha

im constantly switching between campaign, multiplayer, and spec ops. Spec ops is really fun with a partner! Thats the only way I could do that snow sniper level on veteran. But it would be more fun if you could have 4 people like WAW did.

VQ35 Star
11-12-2009, 03:24 AM
What? Sniper fi was easy as shit on veteran....

FAM0U5
11-12-2009, 03:33 AM
beat the game in 5 hrs... and im lvl 28 in 4 hrs im awesome

ItsBlack
11-12-2009, 03:39 AM

i dont know, i kept getting spotted when it came up to that 3 patrol and 2 dogs part

Chuckster
11-12-2009, 08:58 AM
I went straight to the campaign and beat the night I picked it up. Took me about 3-4 hours to beat it on regular. Awesome story, cliffhanger ending(I hate those.) But I am already ready to play the next one coming out. Can't wait to get a chance to fuck up Makrovcock.

Vteckidd
11-12-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm to the dc part on campaign. Played online last night for about 2 hours and I'm level 12. Hit me up on there username kiddracing

jle254
11-12-2009, 09:41 AM
yeahh i think everyone has beaten the game by now. I have to say it was fairly short wish there were 1 or 2 more acts but i guess that leaves them ideas for the next MWF. Time for spec ops!

Nemesis
11-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Be honest though, 95 percent of the people didnt buy it for the Story mode lol

I just started the story mode last night, and gotta say its pretty intense. Its like playing a movie... but im sure my theater system with 12 inch downfiring subwoofer helps add to the effects lol

eraser4g63
11-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Beat the game in 4.5 hours and haven't played much online cause it's down last I checked.

atlxpat
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
great story mode, i usually play the story then go on multiplayer for any game.
fun fact: hans zimmer composed the music score for MW2, great soundtrack

jle254
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Be honest though, 95 percent of the people didnt buy it for the Story mode lol

I just started the story mode last night, and gotta say its pretty intense. Its like playing a movie... but im sure my theater system with 12 inch downfiring subwoofer helps add to the effects lol

Haha yesss quite quite true. I mean actually i was kind of looking forward to the story mode too but i really bought the game for the online play. Surround sound definitely enhances the game haha. I have a full surround sound in my room and man bass from the explosions and all just rattles the floor.

Vteckidd
11-12-2009, 10:52 AM
i usually DONT play online because i get frustrated getting the shit beat out of me by nerds and 12 year old kids, but this is the first game ive actually played online and had FUN doing so. Its a blast and i can definetly see the replay value not wearing off for awhile.

jle254
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Niceee so far so good. I still havent tried online yet unfortunately but will definitely try as soon as servers are back up. Are people still abusing the hell out of the riot shield?

Chuckster
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I don't think replay will ever wear off. Get to watch some other people make some bad ass kills. Also enjoy watching me on the replay.

Andr3w
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
The whole 'no-russian' mission was crazy. Especially the very end.

ItsBlack
11-12-2009, 05:40 PM

no kiddin.
i beat it on veteran by my self.
You just put claymores behind you and just UAV missles the whole time..

I was talking about the other one, Evasion where you have to stealth. Yeah Sniper Fi was easy.

ItsBlack
11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
The whole 'no-russian' mission was crazy. Especially the very end.

yeah I can't believe the cruelest mission is the game was the first one they advertised lol

VQ35 Star
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
oh the one where you get to that church tower thing and snipe people in the woods and shit?

ItsBlack
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
oh the one where you get to that church tower thing and snipe people in the woods and shit?

lol, nope not that one either. Its called Evasion, its still in the Alpha class. You have to stealth around in a snow covered forest against patrol men and dogs

SpecV523
11-12-2009, 11:17 PM
i played the story mode, its pretty awesome, haven't finished it yet tho. been working alot, but im off tomorrow/today and its getting done

gt Lickyolips86 add me if you want to co-op Spec Ops
i did the first one and its pretty legit

choicy
11-13-2009, 08:46 PM
i finished the story mode like 10 minutes ago lol. it is awesome no doubt. call of duty is KNOWN for its story mode! but unfortunately, MW2's single campaign is very short compared to MW1. it took me about 5 hours to complete. time to start on multiplayer and co-op! GAME OF THE YEAR HANDS DOWN :D

Andr3w
11-14-2009, 02:20 AM
So what is you guys favorite mission?

Mine is

************SPOILER ALERT**************

-Where the EMP gets set off over DC, those 2 missions. I loved the part at the end of that section where you had to run on top of the building with the flares as the jets flew over. That was badass as hell. Its like the Rock.

ItsBlack
11-14-2009, 05:58 AM
So what is you guys favorite mission?

Mine is

************SPOILER ALERT**************

-Where the EMP gets set off over DC, those 2 missions. I loved the part at the end of that section where you had to run on top of the building with the flares as the jets flew over. That was badass as hell. Its like the Rock.

yeah I just played that level. That shit was sick and scary lol. I would be so scared to go to war!

choicy
11-14-2009, 12:36 PM
mine would have to be the very last mission... i'm not gonna spoil anything but my heart was pumping with adrenaline! the maps are BEAUTIFUL

Mk3Jesse
11-26-2009, 07:49 PM
yeah I just played that level. That shit was sick and scary lol. I would be so scared to go to war!
yeah they pulled the movie the rock when your in the bath house as well in the prison.

and golden eye in the snow level when you go to "plan B"

there was so many movie references in that game it was rediculous.

HypnoToad
11-27-2009, 04:05 AM
i finally finished the single player 2night,took bout 6 hours,was deff awesome and very dramatic. But that keeps u playing and wanting to know what happens next.

i believe i liked this one more than COD4,but COD4 was deff good too.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2009, 05:21 AM
just got done beating it on veteran. sick sick story line and sick sick game play.

"No Russian" was my favorite mision. Its so crazy violent!

MachNU
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Yep, I finished it on tuesday. The ending was CRAZY! I can not wait for the next one! But on veteran took me 7 hours to beat the game! Fucking crazy hard on some levels!

BanginJimmy
11-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Yep, I finished it on tuesday. The ending was CRAZY! I can not wait for the next one! But on veteran took me 7 hours to beat the game! Fucking crazy hard on some levels!

I think I spent almost 2 hours trying to secure the white house Veteran.

MachNU
11-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I spent almost 2 hours trying to secure the white house Veteran.

I did not have that big on a problem on that map, that dam capture the guy in the gang town, took FOREVER. keep getting fucked up from all angles.

MachNU
11-27-2009, 01:16 PM
though I have to say, the hardest part of this game is four of the spec. ops missions. the kill 10 juggernauts with only knifves and expolsives is nuts, then the kill 15 on the oil rig is even more insane. Followed up by the estates one and the gillie snipers!

nreggie454
11-27-2009, 02:30 PM
I did not have that big on a problem on that map, that dam capture the guy in the gang town, took FOREVER. keep getting fucked up from all angles.
That mission is currently kicking my ass.

The ghillie snipers spec ops mission is really fun.

firby911
11-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I beat cod4 on veteran and hardly enjoyed the game after cursing furiously after dying so much. I played through this one on normal and actually enjoyed it,i may play through on hardcore later on. I thought the campaign was sick,cant wait for the next one.

Benefit
11-28-2009, 02:08 AM
i usually DONT play online because i get frustrated getting the shit beat out of me by nerds and 12 year old kids, but this is the first game ive actually played online and had FUN doing so. Its a blast and i can definetly see the replay value not wearing off for awhile.

survival of the fittest moron, learn how to play the game better...you just admitted your dumber than a 12 year old "nerd"

Vteckidd
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM
survival of the fittest moron, learn how to play the game better...you just admitted your dumber than a 12 year old "nerd"

you know you keep running that dick sucker , we all know youll never do SHIT TO ME in person.

All i was saying was that im not a DIE HARD gamer. I play occasionally and the guy that play online put in 2-5 hours A DAY, i do that a week if im lucky.

It was a joke you ignorant fuck

bdydrpdmazda
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I beat the story mode twice already, once on regular and once on veteran. I onlay have two spec ops missions left to get three stars on also! Im still debating on whether or not i want to try to play online over here, I have a feeling I would be lagging like a mofo.

Stormhammer
12-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Barret .50cal sniper rifle. Best excuse for a gun in case you missed and or didn't kill the person in the first shot. The next 7 shots should kill them :lmao:

Sadly, doing story mode I came to discover that my GPU is either going bad or is heating up too much :(