PDA

View Full Version : Look what this nigga said.

B16a2 Civic
10-19-2005, 11:46 AM
man this shit is rough out here, u get tickets for exhausts, the cops can pop ur hood at will, its legal for them to check ya shit, and if you get caught w engine swaps and certain headers or performance parts period they can impound ya car, this shit is rough 4 real
someone said thsi on another forum about cars in cali

speedminded
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
yep, most of the aftermarket stuff we buy is not, or just doesn't say, that it's DOT Approved (should be stamped on it). Running an engine other than the original that came in it is illegal is most, if not all, states...

B16a2 Civic
10-19-2005, 11:51 AM
yep, most of the aftermarket stuff we buy is not, or just doesn't say, that it's DOT Approved (should be stamped on it). Running an engine other than the original that came in it is illegal is most, if not all, states...

i understand DOT approved items...this dude said a CAI is illegal tho...so he thinks he is a rebel drivin around with one

oh and i understand the law about how many decibals (asp) your exhaust can be....but teh other shit he has said..... :doh: :blah:

Spyder
10-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Everything he said is true. they have to have C.A.R.B. labels to be smog legal, in Cali they dont like cars that dont conform to emissions standards, the will search you and they can fine heavily for it.

Brett
10-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Police out there are impounding cars for those reasons, they do it to deter street racing which has become such a large problem out there.

B16a2 Civic
10-19-2005, 12:00 PM
.....damn you all....he was talkin about his saturn

Spyder
10-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Same rules apply.

However... haveing a CAI doesnt make you "Hard"

Jon00
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Same rules apply.

lol +1

Spyder
10-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Jon stop fucking around and take that test. :D

RandomGuy
10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Same rules apply.

i beg to differ

Stormhammer
10-19-2005, 02:24 PM
i remember watchin something about street racing in cali

I remember a big bust

and I remember this hot female cop busting this integra for "spearmint" colored headlights

thinkfast®
10-19-2005, 02:47 PM
yea what about the gangbangers, pop their hood they will pop your ass.

so will the fags on Sunset :D

West Hollywood is a gay mecca

BTEC
10-19-2005, 02:53 PM
yeah i read about all fo this in super street, derek si told me about . the can give u ticket for ur car being too low, if ur car is turboed and didnt come liek that factory i think they can impound ur car. if u have an engine it didnt come with from the factory they can impound it. And it cost g's to get ur car out of impound too. thats y im not moving out there ne more bc the man aint gonna hold me dwn nah mean!!

HyPer50
10-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Anything aside from OE equipment is actually a ticketable offense I believe... If a cop really wants to give you a ticket, he can definatly find SOMETHING lol...

thinkfast®
10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
plus the top of the line pump fuel is 89 LOL

BTEC
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
Anything aside from OE equipment is actually a ticketable offense I believe... If a cop really wants to give you a ticket, he can definatly find SOMETHING lol...
not true. lol!! i got pulled over by cobb county for not having a hood or front bumper and he took this huge book out of his trunk and him and his partner flipped through it for 20 minutes. he said he was just gonna give me a warning. i think if he went that far to look for something he wouldve given me a ticket if he found something.

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
not true. lol!! i got pulled over by cobb county for not having a hood or front bumper and he took this huge book out of his trunk and him and his partner flipped through it for 20 minutes. he said he was just gonna give me a warning. i think if he went that far to look for something he wouldve given me a ticket if he found something.

He could've given you a ticket for that. I'm not sure why he would've spent so long looking for something else. You could've been cited for improper equipment. I think it just comes down to they are minor offenses and most cops try to avoid the paper work. If I had a dollar for everytime a cop mentioned the words, "altered suspension", "improper equipment" or anything about window tint...well, I'd be rich. Point is, really, if they want to bust you for something, they want something good. It all depends on the cop, and most of them are pretty mellow people and like talking about writing tickets more than actually writing them. Plus, everyone in a modified car is either a drug dealer or it's stolen. That's really what they're betting on. :bigok:

99ITRGIRL
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
man. that sux

RandomGuy
10-19-2005, 03:37 PM
look what this nigga did
http://niggastolemybike.ytmnsfw.com/

speedminded
10-19-2005, 03:44 PM
He could've given you a ticket for that. I'm not sure why he would've spent so long looking for something else. You could've been cited for improper equipment. I think it just comes down to they are minor offenses and most cops try to avoid the paper work. If I had a dollar for everytime a cop mentioned the words, "altered suspension", "improper equipment" or anything about window tint...well, I'd be rich. Point is, really, if they want to bust you for something, they want something good. It all depends on the cop, and most of them are pretty mellow people and like talking about writing tickets more than actually writing them. Plus, everyone in a modified car is either a drug dealer or it's stolen. That's really what they're betting on. :bigok:naww, as long as the bumper support was on there then there is no way they can give you a ticket for it...the bumper cover and hood have nothing to do with safety or the way the car drives. I couldn't tell you how many times i've done mtn runs with no bumpers covers at all, passing GSP all day long.

As for the suspension...in georgia, it is unlawful to raise or lower a vehicle more than 2 inches...the only time i've seen a ticket for that given was on a bagged pickup in g'ville that was grinding the edge of the road and spraying sparks all the way passed lakeshore up to big lots where he got the ticket, lol.

BTEC
10-19-2005, 04:01 PM
naww, as long as the bumper support was on there then there is no way they can give you a ticket for it...the bumper cover and hood have nothing to do with safety or the way the car drives. I couldn't tell you how many times i've done mtn runs with no bumpers covers at all, passing GSP all day long.

As for the suspension...in georgia, it is unlawful to raise or lower a vehicle more than 2 inches...the only time i've seen a ticket for that given was on a bagged pickup in g'ville that was grinding the edge of the road and spraying sparks all the way passed lakeshore up to big lots where he got the ticket, lol.
thats the thing, i live in riverdale and i drove around for a month with one fender and one headlight and thats it. i got pulled over and told that i needed a headlightlight and let go. other than that i drove past cops, sat next to them at light and they just look at my car and look away like dang. i had a cops on a busa next to me at a light and he did his head like wusup. cobb county swerved across two lanes and made a u turn in the middle of the day to pull me over and look in a book for 20 to be nice, i doubt it. but mabey i did just get lucky.

quickdodge®
10-19-2005, 04:08 PM
someone said thsi on another forum about cars in cali

He's right. They can/do do that stuff. Later, QD.

speedminded
10-19-2005, 04:11 PM
thats the thing, i live in riverdale and i drove around for a month with one fender and one headlight and thats it. i got pulled over and told that i needed a headlightlight and let go. other than that i drove past cops, sat next to them at light and they just look at my car and look away like dang. i had a cops on a busa next to me at a light and he did his head like wusup. cobb county swerved across two lanes and made a u turn in the middle of the day to pull me over and look in a book for 20 to be nice, i doubt it. but mabey i did just get lucky.headlight is questionable, as long as it's daytime and no rain then it shouldn't be a problem...but the rules states if the car comes with two headlights or two wipers then it must have two of each on it.

Cobb County can be dicks, i had one chase me thru traffic in my integra earlier this year to pull up next to me at a light and say if he didn't have another call to go to he'd write me up for wreckless driving...i was going down a divided highway working my way through traffic...using my turn signal each time and never cut any cars off...i was watching him try to do the same in my rear view but he couldn't quite figure it out and kept getting blocked in. He then made a u-turn and went back the other way...didn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere either.

BTEC
10-19-2005, 04:19 PM
... i had one chase me thru traffic in my integra earlier this year to pull up next to me at a light and say if he didn't have another call to go to he'd write me up for wreckless driving...i was going down a divided highway working my way through traffic...using my turn signal each time and never cut any cars off...i was watching him try to do the same in my rear view but he couldn't quite figure it out and kept getting blocked in. He then made a u-turn and went back the other way...didn't seem to be in a hurry to get anywhere either.
sounds like u was switchin lanes like woah!!

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 04:27 PM
sounds like u was switchin lanes like woah!!

Ha, yeah, what I was thinking. Which is illegal. ;)

speedminded
10-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Ha, yeah, what I was thinking. Which is illegal. ;)i change lanes and merge slowww...there is no way he could have given me a ticket...i would have had the video out of his car before his shift was over and he would be a crossing guard for a while. :)

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 04:32 PM
naww, as long as the bumper support was on there then there is no way they can give you a ticket for it...the bumper cover and hood have nothing to do with safety or the way the car drives. I couldn't tell you how many times i've done mtn runs with no bumpers covers at all, passing GSP all day long.

Like I said, they are minor offenses that can be ticketed, IF the cop wants to write the ticket. And you can be ticketed for missing body parts. GSP usually has more important things to do than stop kids for stupid things like that.

As for the bagged pick up, he should've gotten more than just a ticket for altered suspension. If he was dragging then he should've been cited for "vehicle striking road" or however they're wording it now. And if he was bagged and laying frame (assuming he didn't have drag blocks) he could've gotten a ticket for his truck being structurally unsound. And, like I said before, it depends on the cop and the kind of mood they are in.

I've been chased down by a cop for a burnout only to have him say I had a nice car and he'd hate to see me lose it.

IndianStig
10-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Thats true. Unless you have everything DOT booked, inspected, and approve they can impound it. But aren't some of these swaps and ECU alterations helping emissions, the ECU helps to burn up more fuel so wouldn't that be better for when it hits the cat's?

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 04:34 PM
i change lanes and merge slowww...there is no way he could have given me a ticket...i would have had the video out of his car before his shift was over and he would be a crossing guard for a while. :)

But then look at it this way...if you're dipping in and out of traffic, even SLOW, that's considered wreckless driving. You take it to court and it's a punk kid in a "modified vehicle"'s word against an officer of law. I mean, changing lanes twice is one thing...weaving around every car in line is completely different.

speedminded
10-19-2005, 04:44 PM
But then look at it this way...if you're dipping in and out of traffic, even SLOW, that's considered wreckless driving. You take it to court and it's a punk kid in a "modified vehicle"'s word against an officer of law. I mean, changing lanes twice is one thing...weaving around every car in line is completely different.yeah, but you'd have to be doing something illegal for that...i hate doing it but passing on the right isn't exactly illegal in this country, in germany they would practically hang you for it. As long as you're changing one lane at a time, not like 4 lanes across like i see everyday on 85, or switching back and forth...left right left right then there is no offense being made. just my :2cents:

BTEC
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
when tailed by a cop and dnt feel like getting a ticket just dwn shift and floor it. the end. lol!!!! <- stupidity to take some of the seriousness out of this discussion

quickdodge®
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
yeah, but you'd have to be doing something illegal for that..

That's not exactly true. Excessive lane changing, however you do it-slow or fast, is considered wreckless driving. It's borderline between wreckless and maintaining your lane.

This is just a comment, not an attack towards you. Later, QD.

speedminded
10-19-2005, 04:53 PM
That's not exactly true. Excessive lane changing, however you do it-slow or fast, is considered wreckless driving. It's borderline between wreckless and maintaining your lane.

This is just a comment, not an attack towards you. Later, QD.yeah and she's right about the modded car too...doesn't really matter if you are actually doing anything wrong or not...they can still give you a ticket. Then you have the choice of crying to the officer's supervisor/captain or attempting to face the judge. normally you'll lose. I have caught two officer's lying under oath in court, with the judge's knowing it too, and i still got the ticket on both of them. ohh well. you win some and you lose some.

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
yeah and she's right about the modded car too...doesn't really matter if you are actually doing anything wrong or not...they can still give you a ticket. Then you have the choice of crying to the officer's supervisor/captain or attempting to face the judge. normally you'll lose. I have caught two officer's lying under oath in court, with the judge's knowing it too, and i still got the ticket on both of them. ohh well. you win some and you lose some.

That's a shame. But with any profession you're going to have honest people and not so honest people. For every "bad" cop there is a person who loves their job and upholds the law to the best of their ability in an honest fashion. That's the only thing I'm going to hate about becoming a police officer...I know a lot of people with modified cars that work hard and don't break the law...but you can't trust anyone... Which is why a lot of people get pulled over on b.s. offenses. :blah: But now I'm just being redundant.

SilverJester
10-19-2005, 05:03 PM
I thought it was pretty common knowledge about how strict cali is on modified vehicles. They can pull you over pop your hood and check for anything tht isn't stock, it's wierd all the cops are trained and know aftermarket parts are, they can pop your hood and rattle off names of everything. I saw a video ummm, maybe a year ago, from a local cali news station about how they are cracking down on street racing, and they are going to start confiscating cars caught street racing. They were either going to take your vehicle and sell it in an auction (where the goverment keeps the money, and your fucked) or like in the news report, they were simply going to demolish your vehicle! They should an 80's lookin iroc camaro getting crushed after it's owner was caught street racing in it, it was the first car from this new law.

SilverJester
10-19-2005, 05:05 PM
That's a shame. But with any profession you're going to have honest people and not so honest people. For every "bad" cop there is a person who loves their job and upholds the law to the best of their ability in an honest fashion. That's the only thing I'm going to hate about becoming a police officer...I know a lot of people with modified cars that work hard and don't break the law...but you can't trust anyone... Which is why a lot of people get pulled over on b.s. offenses. :blah: But now I'm just being redundant.
Yeah I've never really had any problems with cops pulling me over for no good reason :knock on wood: although sme times they wil turn around and follow my car.

CRVTech
10-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah I've never really had any problems with cops pulling me over for no good reason :knock on wood: although sme times they wil turn around and follow my car.

Which means they're probably running your tag. ;)

David88vert
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
I had a cop pull me over when I was heading down to the Import Showdown. Actually, it was 3 cop cars. I was not speeding or anything else. The cop came up to the window and told me he had pulled me over for illegal window tint. IT TOOK 3 COP CARS TO PULL ME OVER FOR THAT??? I laughed and let him put his "calibrated" tint meter on it. 41%. NOT illegal. All 3 of them swore it looked illegal, but he did apologize for pulling me over.
Now my question is - how much gas did they waste for that crap? How were they observing their oath - "To serve and protect".

BTW - excessive lane change is generally regarded as changin more than 2 lanes without pause - i.e. moving from the right slow lane to the far left lane with at least one lane in-between. It does not matter whether you had your blinker on or not. If you did not have your blinker on, that is changing lanes without proper signalling.

Kevykev
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
r "spearmint" colored headlights

wow, wonder what they taste like :rolleyes:

BlueHatch
10-19-2005, 09:07 PM
shit gwinnett county does that every day

HyPer50
10-19-2005, 09:53 PM
My only question somewhat on this topic.... and it's what I've always heard... State Patrol is the only police who has authority to inspect your exhaust... is that true? Cause thats the main thing I'm ever worried about.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 10:29 AM
My only question somewhat on this topic.... and it's what I've always heard... State Patrol is the only police who has authority to inspect your exhaust... is that true? Cause thats the main thing I'm ever worried about.

You know..I'm stumped on that one. But I can find out for you today. Which will...be useful unless someone else answers before me. lol.

B16a2 Civic
10-20-2005, 10:32 AM
glad to see we came back to the topic.

BTEC
10-20-2005, 10:48 AM
well my input on the exhaust thing is this. i got a warning for my exhaust b4 by marietta police. he said that i couldnt do ne thing to my exhaust that modified the pitch or tone in any way. i was like what?!! i asked him what about all the mustangs and trucks the get dual exhaust and flowmasters. he was liek like yeah i know ppl do it but its illegal. i left it alone since he was only giving me a warning but he told me the best advise he could give me was to go to a muffler shop and have it cut off and get my stock exhaust put back on. the he told me to sell it to somebody and let it be their problem. lol!! i got sarcastic bc it sounded stupid to me and was like "oh ok. thats a good idea." lol!!!

speedminded
10-20-2005, 11:03 AM

40-8-71.
(a) Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an exhaust system, in good working order and in constant operation, meeting the following specifications:
(1) The exhaust system shall include the piping leading from the flange of the exhaust manifold to and including the muffler or mufflers and tail pipes;
(2) The use of flexible pipe shall be prohibited except on diesel tractors or according to manufacturers' original specifications;
(3) The exhaust emission point shall extend beyond the rear or outside of the passenger compartment. The trunk shall be considered as part of the passenger compartment;
(4) The exhaust system and its elements shall be securely fastened, including the consideration of missing or broken hangers; and
(5) There shall be no part of the exhaust system passing through the passenger compartment or any exposed stack so located that any individual entering or leaving the vehicle may be burned.
(b) The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.
(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or offer for sale any muffler which causes excessive or unusual noise or annoying smoke or any muffler cutout, bypass, or similar device for use on a motor vehicle or for any person to use, to sell, or to offer for sale any motor vehicle equipped with any such muffler, muffler cutout, bypass, or similar device. Any person violating this subsection shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

CRVTech
10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Good to know. But we're looking for who can inspect the exhaust. I'm leaning towards any cop who wants to crawl around in the dirt. The jury is still out, though. Waiting on my man of info to call me back.

HyPer50
10-20-2005, 12:13 PM

Good info.. but I'm interested in exactly WHO can lay down and see if I do or do not have catalytic converters on my car. I'm sure just about anybody can give you a ticket for the noise violation, but I'm referring more to missing required equipment. I've heard it's just the state trooper who can check... but not sure.

BTLFED
10-20-2005, 12:37 PM
He's right. They can/do do that stuff. Later, QD.

And lets see......that's you, me, and Think Fast that are actually FROM Cali...

Fuck it. I am now an expert on all the laws in Vermont. :rolleyes:

Kevykev
10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
My boy Speedminded is so concious and educated about all of these laws that he BLATANTLY DISOBEYS! :lmfao: