PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Evo 8??

Civictyper95
11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Thinking about selling my SI and getting an EVO.. any feedback? is it reliable? hows the maintenance?... Thanks in advance :goodjob:

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Dont think, Just do it, you get a turbo, AWD, 4 doors and they are sexy. Si's are more common aswell. You will enjoy it.

TIGERJC
11-10-2009, 11:15 PM
is the si paid off, if so then don't do it.

-EnVus-
11-10-2009, 11:18 PM
so been done over and over looks like evo is the new civic lol

G'd[UP]
11-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Evo's are reliable cars, and are extremely fun to drive, more room, and handle insanely well,:cheers: so if you can afford one, id do it and not look back if i were you.

EM1toEVO
11-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I agree with all of the above. I was in your exact situation. I do love everything about the Evo, but I miss not having a car payment. FWIW, the Evo is relatively easy to maintain. Just change your oil with synthetic and get the diff fluids changed out regularly and you're good to go.

5speed
11-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Do it in a heartbeat if your civic is paid off. Don't worry about alot of people having one bc they really dont. Just ask yourself this, how often do you actually see an EVO riding around?

WhiteAccord
11-11-2009, 09:11 AM
The comparision to civics and evo is underminded. The majority of posters here should stop comparing apples to oranges.

Do it in a heartbeat if your civic is paid off. Don't worry about alot of people having one bc they really dont. Just ask yourself this, how often do you actually see an EVO riding around?

This is where the ignorance lays. Just because the civic is payed off, you think it is the smartest thing to do? Think of this economy. Do you think having more bills to pay is the smartest thing? Or having a good economical car with no bills?

You my good sir will not survive.

Glides
11-11-2009, 09:28 AM
The comparision to civics and evo is underminded. The majority of posters here should stop comparing apples to oranges.

This is where the ignorance lays. Just because the civic is payed off, you think it is the smartest thing to do? Think of this economy. Do you think having more bills to pay is the smartest thing? Or having a good economical car with no bills?

Thinking with your head pays off for the very few that do it.

OP, If your car is paid off...or not paid off...why heap more bills on your head for an Evo? Sure it's a great car, it's fast and you think all the girls are gonna love it but honestly, it's not worth the car payment that's gonna come with it. Just keep what you go, save up some dough and get it later or get something else when you can afford it.

If you got flow....then do it.

5speed
11-11-2009, 09:28 AM
^I know I couldnt afford therefore I am not contemplating the idea of getting an Evo, but he is so I am going to assume he has the means to do so. I didn't compare it to a Civic either that was JDMJAY. I was just saying that they arent as common as people think, only when they show up at meets and that's it. The only thing that can be compared with a Civic to an Evo is that they are cars, thats about it.

Civictyper95
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
the car is paid off and the other thing is I dont know how much I can get for my civic.... http://importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258984. Its got a couple of mods so I was hoping to get a little more than the kbb

$9ktt
11-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Evos may be the new Civics, but it's still BETTER than a Civic. DO IT !!! I LOVED mine !!!!
I miss her now. :(

Oh well, time to AWD/GT35R the Spyder !!!

B

G'd[UP]
11-11-2009, 04:29 PM

So your saying now one should buy anything that will cost you more money? then the economy would be gone..that is very ignorant of yourself to say because no one would be buyin anything except groceries. no houses no nothin. so with the economy like it is if you have the money do it, because the cars are cheaper right now and you can get better deals right now.

OP: I think if you can afford it do it, its a really good car to own, and if its wat you want do it!!

gtikid
11-11-2009, 05:15 PM
He didn't come in here asking what he should do with his money. You can't base someone elses economic situation and happiness on YOUR situation. Let him do what he wants to do and what he believes is right in HIS SITUATION. I don't agree with not spending money in this economic situation we're in. If he feels he can handle it, if he feels it won't be a burden on him, if it won't set him back, then let him do what he wants

Good luck with whatever you decide to do homie :goodjob:

evilutionvii
11-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Not really sure why everyone seems to think Evos are expensive.....do some research, you'll see the price has come down dramatically over the years. More so if you are in fact going after an VIII and not a IX or X.

Maintenance is relatively inexpensive. Like someone already mentioned, keep the fluids changed and follow the scheduled maintenace checkups and you'll be fine.

My vote is go for it. There's only a hand full of cars out there that respond to modifications the way the Evo does. And even if you plan on staying stock, it's already a very capable machine as it sits.

:goodjob:

mimakiman11
11-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Upgrade! Can't go wrong with EVO.

eraser4g63
11-11-2009, 09:59 PM
If you can afford it and have enough money stuck away that if something were to come up and your cash flow stopped for a month or two and you could cover it I would. But be aware that it's generally gonna cost more to maintain, fuel and drive an EVO so take all that into consideration. Also check insurance on one thats why I walked away from one and I am almost 25 and married.

gpw hatch
11-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I just went from civic to a sti and its definetly a lot more costly. Have to figure in insurance, which was rediculous. Gas, 4 wheel allignmenst, Tires (awd seems to eat up tires more than my fwd car), maintaning differentials, all the damn oxygen sensors. I have had to deal with all this within the first 6 months and I almost started regretting the purchase because I was close to not being able to afford it all. And with such a nice newer car you don't want to skimp out on any of this. but in all seriousness insurance is no joke with these cars, hella expensive.