PDA

View Full Version : Favorite tattoo or tattoo type?

Catnip
11-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Figure I can make a not completely dumb and useless thread once in a while; although, my ratio today is not so great. lol.

Anyways, what kind of tattoo is your favorite? I've seen big colorful tattoos, small bland tattoos, tattoos to remember a passed away loved one, quotes, etc.

Ziptied
11-10-2009, 10:33 PM
old school style.

JJSPEC Racing
11-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Something simple or meaningful. Someone once told me that you should not have a tattoo on your body that is larger than your penis. That is why the only one I have is a band that wraps around my left upper arm.

amandDA
11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
i like meaningful ones that noone else has

DB4LYFE ™
11-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Sleeves! lots of pictars!

~DB4LYFE

punkr6
11-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Everyone is different, just get what you like...

JJSPEC Racing
11-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Banner at top of page is funny "What tattoo should I get?" Only you can answer that question!

The Creeper
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Large custom work. Not lame ass tribal bands and the likes...

Echonova
11-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Figure I can make a not completely dumb and useless thread once in a while; although, my ratio today is not so great. lol.

Anyways, what kind of tattoo is your favorite? I've seen big colorful tattoos, small bland tattoos, tattoos to remember a passed away loved one, quotes, etc.All my tattoo's are for my kids because it is something that will never change, but I use astrological symbols. My first born is the world, my youngest daughter is the star and my son... Well, he's the sun.

amandDA
11-10-2009, 10:44 PM
All my tattoo's are for my kids because it is something that will never change, but I use astrological symbols. My first born is the world, my youngest daughter is the star and my son... Well, he's the sun.
aww thats cute! good idea and not tacky or obnoxious.:yes:

Catnip
11-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Everyone is different, just get what you like...

Of course, that's why I'm trying to get people to share :goodjob:

EL42
11-11-2009, 12:42 AM
hmm,one of my favorites. the one i did on my home girl from high school(the leg in my sig)

Elbow
11-11-2009, 07:00 AM
I got mine on my lower back, I think it's cute.

ALVIN
11-11-2009, 07:04 AM
This is a loaded question for me as I could type about this, or even talk about this subject for hours on end.

I'm just going to leave it at: I like Most all tattoos; large, small, flash(done right), custom....It all depends.

Njobe
11-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Something simple or meaningful. Someone once told me that you should not have a tattoo on your body that is larger than your penis. That is why the only one I have is a band that wraps around my left pinky.
lol fixed

bowdown201
11-11-2009, 07:11 AM
I like a lot of color but it really just depends on the piece. Like I have a half sleeve tribal thats just black and also my whole left side of my ribs done with as good bit of color.

Skorcher
11-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Maybe I'm just weird but... I don't like tattoos of any shape, size, etc. :dunno: Plenty of my friends have them though. I think I'm in the minority here.

Bajjani
11-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I like mine, and it has meaning to me and so will the next one I get. I'm not a fan of the "popular" tattoos like the arm bands and chinese symbols what not, I spent a long time lookin through tattoos and came up with my idea and I have another one I just can't draw, so I gotta get friends to do it

Hundo®
11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Figure I can make a not completely dumb and useless thread once in a while;

you make at least 5 a day.

Hektik
11-11-2009, 09:32 AM
pretty much as its done extremely well then i like them.....
i hate poorly done tattoos..... if your going to get something thats going to last for the rest of your life get it done well, and thats coming from personal experience.... trying to cover up a bad tattoo with a really good one ends up being a very long and huge project....

aside from that i dont really beleive in the whole only get something that means something to you... i enjoy the art of tattooing and if i see a design i like then ill start looking for an artist who can do it really well... that doesnt mean dont get sentimental shit though...

95alty
11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Mine are meaningful. im trying to get one designed with the eagle globe and anchor but instead of an eagle the grim reaper with a rifle

Double_0_Rusty
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I like to think mine is different. I have a "reversed" American flag on my right arm just above the bicep, and my last name on the back of my right arm. Reason for the flag, It is a copy of an IR patch on military uniforms, and has an old message, "Honor is to the right" as back in the old days of war, when the flag was carried into battle, the flag was to the right and the wind was blowing it as they moved forward, appearing to be reversed.

Get something meaningful to you, not what is the fad.

volvo_c30
11-11-2009, 11:01 AM
mine are all meaning full...i got both my shoulders done (2 verses John 3:16 and Revelations 1:18 in russian...i am russian) I am working on my ribs and my back peice and hope to get tony olivas to do it (if you dont know who tony is thaaaan i am sorry for you but here Sacredhearttattoo.com) it will most likely be the gates to heaven and hell and a big battle scene in black and grey

deathrex
11-11-2009, 11:43 AM
im a big fan of sleeves. depending on what all is in them to make them come together. if its done nicely. i hate poorly done tats.