PDA

View Full Version : hooking up my audio system

Hondarider33
11-10-2009, 10:06 AM
could be in wrong forum if so im sorry, but i have a 03 Honda Accord coupe, and i need to run my wires for my system but im keeping the stock cd player, ive been told that i need to go to best buy and get them to install a "line out kit". i have no idea where to wire my remote wire, or if i need to make a toggle switch, any help is greatly needed :D

:ninja:honda:ninja:

Theycall_Metue
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
this is my best bet, for your remote wire... wire it up to one of them 12v outlet ( cigarettes lighter ) don't cut the wire ( you may want to still use it ) strip the rubber part and twist your remote wire over the metal piece, than put electrical tape over it. ( when you turn your car on, it'll send power to the 12v outlet and there for turn your amp on) if you want to control the amp, put a switch on it so u can turn the amp on or off. ( some cd player have the option to do it also)
best buy or audio store (maybe wal-mart) sell ( dont remember what its call )
this thing that you hook your door speaker wire up to than it turns into a rca out put, thats how you use a stock cd player. the rca output shouldnt be hard to identify.
any question pm me,
-tue

DynamicSound
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
You need a Hi/Lo Convertor for the radio to convert over to RCA outputs. We have them for $10.

As for the remote wire, simply connect it to the switch turn-on power wire behind the radio.

hybrid90accord
11-10-2009, 04:50 PM
you have a few options
If you dont want to have to remove any panels
1). Buy a line out converter that has a built in remote turn on output, but there expensive

2). Catch accessory at the fuse box on most honda's there are a few open pins that either do 12volts constant, accessory and park light output.

if you dont mind getting your hands dirty

1). Catch it at the ignition harness

2). Catch it behind the radio

3). Catch it at the cig lighter but id add a relay for good measure.

lovinmydodge
11-11-2009, 04:01 AM
honestly if you are going to do all that spend the money on a Clean Sweep. Best SQ for OEM integration

JDMGRNAV6
11-11-2009, 12:07 PM
this is my best bet, for your remote wire... wire it up to one of them 12v outlet ( cigarettes lighter ) don't cut the wire ( you may want to still use it ) strip the rubber part and twist your remote wire over the metal piece, than put electrical tape over it. ( when you turn your car on, it'll send power to the 12v outlet and there for turn your amp on) if you want to control the amp, put a switch on it so u can turn the amp on or off. ( some cd player have the option to do it also)
best buy or audio store (maybe wal-mart) sell ( dont remember what its call )
this thing that you hook your door speaker wire up to than it turns into a rca out put, thats how you use a stock cd player. the rca output shouldnt be hard to identify.
any question pm me,
-tue

wtf, i didnt know that, learned a vital piece of information this morning

hybrid90accord
11-11-2009, 04:46 PM
honestly if you are going to do all that spend the money on a Clean Sweep. Best SQ for OEM integration

why spend the money on a cleansweep if your just adding a sub????

lovinmydodge
11-11-2009, 09:44 PM
because of the fact when doing a high to low to amp setup. You lose alot of sq. And once you put a sub in. Its only time before you replace the door speakers for decent speakers. Then when the bass over powers your door speakers you'll add an amp to power your door speakers. The issue with doing high low converters is that factory systems are generally eq'd and have audio curves that will sound good with your factory speakers and audio setup. When you add a cleansweep it will allow you to add more than one amp. and it also makes the signal from the factory head unit clean. It clears the signal processing and makes a flat eq. giving you the ability to tune the amps to get a good clear signal. Why not give yourself the room to expand your audio system if you choose to do it. It also has the ability to add an ipod connection and will give you the best sound quality that you can get out of a system with out replacing the cd player.

SO why not? why try and bs your way thru an audio system. You won't have a decent sound if you can't even tune the amp. THATS WHY