PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Ok, so I have recently (ok, maybe not so recent) come to find out that some people have different definitions when it comes to the difference between dating and being actual boyfriend and girlfriend. This topic was brought up long time ago on here, but this was like 2 or 3 years ago. I am curious to know what everyone else thinks.

So, what is the difference between dating and being actual girlfriend/boyfriend?

Discuss :D

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 12:49 AM
Just trying to wake up the whoreslounge with a decent topic.

tdurr
11-10-2009, 01:03 AM
there is no line.

/thread.

thegovanator
11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
^ Agreed

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 01:16 AM
So it's the same?

FAM0U5
11-10-2009, 01:21 AM
oh noes!

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Oh noes what?

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Dating = Still in the process of seeing if they might be compatible with you, Taking them out to Dinner and such.

Girlfriend and boyfriend = Hang around the house together, and occasionally go out. lol

Thats my definition = /.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Dating = Still in the process of seeing if they might be compatible with you, Taking them out to Dinner and such.

Girlfriend and boyfriend = Hang around the house together, and occasionally go out. lol

Thats my definition = /.
Yeah I can agree with that. Like pretty much my definition of the two would be:

Dating = getting to know each other and pretty much have all the perks of a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship accept you two are not committed to each other.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend = Commitment. Not dating anyone else. Being completely and totally comfortable with each other. Practicing for marriage in other words.

So how long should someone wait after dating to actually claim each other?

Buttons
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Dating is the pre-stage to boyfriend/girlfriend. it's when you get to know the person so you don't get into a relationship with a complete weirdo. some people skip this stage, but i'd rather not. lol you must weed out the weird guys.

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah I can agree with that. Like pretty much my definition of the two would be:

Dating = getting to know each other and pretty much have all the perks of a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship accept you two are not committed to each other.

Girlfriend/Boyfriend = Commitment. Not dating anyone else. Being completely and totally comfortable with each other. Practicing for marriage in other words.

So how long should someone wait after dating to actually claim each other?\

My rule of thumb, is 2-3 dates. But sometimes it all depends :crazy:

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:01 AM
^^^ Yeah. Hard to know when the transition happens

Buttons
11-10-2009, 02:02 AM
^^^ Yeah. Hard to know when the transition happens

Well depending on the situation and the people, dating can be non-existent or a really long time.

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:04 AM
Yup, It all depends on the person, Some you just dont know about....Others just click.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Yeah I figured it depends on the people. Just curious to know how others feel about this topic. Interesting to see other people's thoughts. :D

FAM0U5
11-10-2009, 02:06 AM
hola

Buttons
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Yup, It all depends on the person, Some you just dont know about....Others just click.

You can still click with a person and not be boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time. Depending on the situation, the two people might just not be ready, but they know they do have feelings and do click.

FasTech
11-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Its all the same until Marriage. Thats when your damned for life.

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:08 AM
You can still click with a person and not be boyfriend and girlfriend for a long time. Depending on the situation, the two people might just not be ready, but they know they do have feelings and do click.

Yeah your right, some people click more as friends than partners :boobies:

The Creeper
11-10-2009, 02:08 AM
Dating is when you are fucking, but just not sure if you want to be exclusive with this one person, so for the time being you get to fuck others, and do what you want.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:09 AM

:lmao: Marriage = no sex lol

Actually a really good answer! Reps

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:09 AM
Dating is when you are fucking, but just not sure if you want to be exclusive with this one person, so for the time being you get to fuck others, and do what you want.

I like his answer.:lmfao:

Buttons
11-10-2009, 02:10 AM
:lmao: Marriage = no sex lol

Actually a really good answer! Reps

I'm actually with my basically first real boyfriend and we dated for a long time, before we stopped being stubborn.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Yeah I have noticed this trend with some people. Fucking more than one person at a time. Sucks, but no one really has the say so to tell that person they can't do that when dating.

FAM0U5
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Yeah your right, some people click more as friends than partners :boobies:
this is true..

I never knew this..

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm actually with my basically first real boyfriend and we dated for a long time, before we stopped being stubborn.
LOL

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:13 AM
this is true..

I never knew this..

Black cars are lame. :ninja:

The Creeper
Yeah I have noticed this trend with some people. Fucking more than one person at a time. Sucks, but no one really has the say so to tell that person they can't do that when dating.

Exactly.

Buttons
Eh, when I date it is exclusive, so i guess my definition is different.

The Creeper
11-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Dating is just a better word for fucking.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Eh, when I date it is exclusive, so i guess my definition is different.
I am actually the same way. Main reason I hate dating, for that reason. If I am sleeping with someone, I am just sleeping with that one person. Never have believed in sleeping with more than one person. Sex is too important and intimate to be sharing with multiple people at one time. Takes the sincerity and emotions out of it IMO.

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
I am actually the same way. Main reason I hate dating, for that reason. If I am sleeping with someone, I am just sleeping with that one person. Never have believed in sleeping with more than one person. Sex is too important and intimate to be sharing with multiple people at one time. Takes the sincerity and emotions out of it IMO.

This is were when people think the opposite, they are simply called....Sluts, and the dudes are players . Its the troof.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Dating is just a better word for fucking.
I would have to disagree here. You can have "fuck partners" and not be dating. A hit it and quit it. Don't call or come over unless we are fucking type deal

Buttons
11-10-2009, 02:18 AM

Exactly. Tr00f!

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:20 AM
This is were when people think the opposite, they are simply called....Sluts, and the dudes are players . Its the troof.
See, that's were the problem lies. If you are dating, you are not exclusive. If you are exclusive then you are girlfriend/boyfriend right?

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:21 AM
See, that's were the problem lies. If you are dating, you are not exclusive. If you are exclusive then you are girlfriend/boyfriend right?

Pretty much, yeah, when dating, its like a candy shop, you want to try other flavors until you see something you like.

FAM0U5
11-10-2009, 02:26 AM
trollin

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:27 AM
Like one of those mini trolls?

FAM0U5
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
si :yes:

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:28 AM
I like your style, If you has one.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:30 AM
What style? Who?

Sunkenkarma
11-10-2009, 02:31 AM
What style? Who?

Famou5 :crazy:

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Oh ok

MistaCee
11-10-2009, 06:42 AM
When I'm dating I talk to multiple girls and take them out etc. I personally do not have sex with the females I'm dating but if it ends up happening it shouldn't be a problem, even if I happen to just tell the other girls I'm dating.

Now I usually end the dating phase and go with the girl that holds out the longest and I have more of a "connection" with. GF/BF stage is more commited and you have plans of the future together.:2cents:

GirlieZ
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
I think it’s left up to the interpretation of the couple...but best bet to know if you are titled or not to just keep the lines of communication open. I straight up asked my now husband if we were bf/gf after a few weeks of hanging out/dating and he gave me an answer right back. Believe it or not some guys don’t give you a run around. Hang on to those ones!

Njobe
11-10-2009, 10:39 AM
that's the truth

lol

GirlieZ
11-10-2009, 10:41 AM

haha ITS A TRAP! damn i fell for it!

Buttons
11-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I think it’s left up to the interpretation of the couple...but best bet to know if you are titled or not to just keep the lines of communication open. I straight up asked my now husband if we were bf/gf after a few weeks of hanging out/dating and he gave me an answer right back. Believe it or not some guys don’t give you a run around. Hang on to those ones!

Some people can honestly not be ready for a fully committed relationship. I mean would you rather jump in too soon and get hurt again or jump in too soon later to find out this guy is a murderer? Lol.

amandDA
11-10-2009, 10:54 AM
there r no strings in dating

GirlieZ
11-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Some people can honestly not be ready for a fully committed relationship. I mean would you rather jump in too soon and get hurt again or jump in too soon later to find out this guy is a murderer? Lol.

that is why its a relationship...you can leave whenever you want. And being a woman you have protection even more so then men. Hell you can leave a marriage too. No one but yourself is in charge of you. Thats the glory of free will.

I have known my husband a year, but hell my rents eloped after 3 months of knowing each other and have been together to 28 years. I have heard endless stories of successful ralationships/marriage even more than failure from leaping, not wading.

The Ren
11-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Seeing each other- going on dates (can be with multiple people)

Dating- Being in a relationship, "going steady", when your committed and exclusive..

bigdare23
11-10-2009, 11:05 AM
The dating stage is equal to testing driving car. You are interested, but you haven't decide on buying the car yet because you know there maybe another car out there that's may suit you better.

Boy/Girlfriend stage is deciding to buy the car, and your plans are to keep the car around for a good minute. If it starts to fuck up, you can always sell it (dump them), put it to the side and get another car (cheat), let your people borrow the car (set them out), or trade it in (dump your mate for another person). LOL

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
The dating stage is equal to testing driving car. You are interested, but you haven't decide on buying the car yet because you know there maybe another car out there that's may suit you better.

Boy/Girlfriend stage is deciding to buy the car, and your plans are to keep the car around for a good minute. If it starts to fuck up, you can always sell it (dump them), put it to the side and get another car (cheat), let your people borrow the car (set them out), or trade it in (dump your mate for another person). LOL

LOL. The best way of putting it so far :goodjob: Car terminology ftw!

On_Her_Face
11-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I like to think of relationships like a light switch. On or Off. If it's fuzzy or confusing, it's off and you are just fucking. However you don't have to let the girl know that, just keep fucking her.

PSINXS
11-10-2009, 02:37 PM
dating: we kick it from time to time, probably sex a lil bit, but there is no exclusiveness. you are free to date around to keep options open to pick a potential boyfriend or girlfriend.

dating is over when the title is taken and then monogamy should be primary unless it is uunderstood it is an open relationship. some boundaries should be set to keep a couple things exclusive only to your mate.

my deal in a open relationship was no kissing other dudes and he cant fuck you in the ass. other than dont bring me any diseases and bring your ass home at night.

civic gsr
11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
is all the same they gonna get some and leave lol im not like that

00CelicaGT
11-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Dating is just a nice way of saying we chill and then go back 2 my/her place 2 fuck!

Nemesis
11-10-2009, 03:16 PM
being serious = if she lets me put it ITB

casual = if she doesnt

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Dating is just a nice way of saying we chill and then go back 2 my/her place 2 fuck!
Nice Ant :rolleyes:

being serious = if she lets me put it ITB

casual = if she doesnt
ITB :no:

00CelicaGT
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Nice Ant :rolleyes:

u know i speak the troof:lmfao:

SLo_MKIII
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
its exactly what it says... when ur dating u go on dates and get to know the person when ur bf/gf you get nightly bj's

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 06:56 PM
u know i speak the troof:lmfao:
Maybe too much lol.

Oh yeah and "high five" SUCKS! FYI

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 06:57 PM
its exactly what it says... when ur dating u go on dates and get to know the person when ur bf/gf ur exactly that
So what if you are not going on dates and just chilling with each other? Are you still dating?

SLo_MKIII
11-10-2009, 06:59 PM
So what if you are not going on dates and just chilling with each other? Are you still dating?
If you aint getting bj's or butt sects u still dating

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 07:01 PM
If you aint getting bj's or butt sects u still dating
Butt sects is nasty

SLo_MKIII
11-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Butt sects is nasty
Dont knock it til you try it...

if u havent tried it already:ninja:

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Dont knock it til you try it...

if u havent tried it already:ninja:
I have and I don't like it :no:

SLo_MKIII
11-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I have and I don't like it :no:

ky is your friend:idb:

ep9716
11-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Dating = I get some after the "date"
Gf= I get some everyday.

SLo_MKIII
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Dating = I get some after the "date"
Gf= I get some everyday.
your first option would be a slut not a date lmao

00CelicaGT
11-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh yeah and "high five" SUCKS! FYI

:thinking: lost me there.

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM
:thinking: lost me there.
Standing at the Varsity talking. Here comes Ant.
"Oh hey I didn't even see you there! What's up?!"
"High Five, High Five" *slap*

Benefit
11-10-2009, 07:58 PM
FUK YO COUCH

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
I bet you won't say that to my face :tongue1:

Benefit
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
erm k

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 08:12 PM
^^^ Huh? :???:

00CelicaGT
11-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Standing at the Varsity talking. Here comes Ant.
"Oh hey I didn't even see you there! What's up?!"
"High Five, High Five" *slap*

oh yeahhhhh:lmfao:

well i didnt want to give u a hug cuz #1 i have a lady, #2 i didnt know if the guy behind u was ur BF or not, #3 u know i dnt really do the hug to girls that might be taken already. :goodjob:

but the main reason was that i didnt know if the guy behind u was ur BF, plus u know high fives are the shit. lmfao

*high five*:cheers:

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
oh yeahhhhh:lmfao:

well i didnt want to give u a hug cuz #1 i have a lady, #2 i didnt know if the guy behind u was ur BF or not, #3 u know i dnt really do the hug to girls that might be taken already. :goodjob:

but the main reason was that i didnt know if the guy behind u was ur BF, plus u know high fives are the shit. lmfao

*high five*:cheers:
Wow! Too much thought into that. The guy behind me, I am dating, me hugging others is not a problem. Plus it's not like we don't really know each other. You are an ex and even if you have a new girl I don't see the problem in hugs. Hugs are innocent and friendly IMO. Hell, I hugged Angel. I hug everyone! :D

it's my way of secretly feeling them up :ninja:

00CelicaGT
11-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Wow! Too much thought into that. The guy behind me, I am dating, me hugging others is not a problem. Plus it's not like we don't really know each other. You are an ex and even if you have a new girl I don't see the problem in hugs. Hugs are innocent and friendly IMO. Hell, I hugged Angel. I hug everyone! :D

it's my way of secretly feeling them up :ninja:

well u know i try not to cross peoples boundries, cuz u never know wat issues people might have. even though im probably the biggest asshole on earth. lmfao:lmfao:

oh yeah u shouldnt of told me about ur :ninja: moves, now i definatly cant give u a hug next time i see u cuz u might try and grab the good. lol

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 08:42 PM
well u know i try not to cross peoples boundries, cuz u never know wat issues people might have. even though im probably the biggest asshole on earth. lmfao:lmfao:

oh yeah u shouldnt of told me about ur :ninja: moves, now i definatly cant give u a hug next time i see u cuz u might try and grab the good. lol
LOL. Biggest asshole yeah you are. Grabbing the goods, already been done :D

Echonova
11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
So who else is your boyfriend dating?

Lulz

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
So who else is your boyfriend dating?

Lulz

Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend. I am dating someone though :yes:

DB4LYFE ™
11-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend. I am dating someone though :yes:

and he loves the fortune and f****5! :ninja:

*runs*

~DB4LYFE

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
^^^ Everyone knows me and FAM0U5 are dating. It's no big secret :doh:

And stop running so much. When your ass trips I'm laughing FYI

Echonova
11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
and he loves the fortune and f****5! :ninja:

*runs*

~DB4LYFEThis is common knowledge. Hence teh jokez.

DB4LYFE ™
11-10-2009, 09:07 PM
^^^ Everyone knows me and FAM0U5 are dating. It's no big secret :doh:

And stop running so much. When your ass trips I'm laughing FYI

Stabbed! :bump:

~DB4LYFE

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Who's getting stabbed? :thinking:

Echonova
11-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Who's getting stabbed? :thinking:You are if FAM0U5 plays his cards right...

BluesClues
11-10-2009, 09:21 PM
You are if FAM0U5 plays his cards right...
Oooooooooooooh gotcha!
:ninja:

cards played

FAM0U5
11-11-2009, 03:28 AM
I wrote a 3 paragrah explaining my 2 fucking cents, and my ps3 froze. So I'll write the very end since it seem kinda important and that's what I could remember somewhat...

Why buy the cow if you get the milk for free...

Well it's because the two grow ups that are thinking of getting involved with each other needs to put all the cards out front, no playing games.. nothing, just adults being civil. If sex is a big part of this "well famous it's not all about sex.. it's about rainbow and hearts."Then shut up.. there ways in going about this 1) talk about the sex situation and see where both of you stand on the topic 2) have the dating duration last longer before sex is introduce 3) Just dont fucking put out if your too worried about it. This is very blunt and vague I didn't feel like retyping my orginal two cents.

OH the deal between "dating" and "BF & GF" is that most of you say sex cannot be involved because the couple in question is not exclusive and so on so fourth.. Well to me that's up to the couple because frankly people think differently, its up to the two adults to make this type of decision..

FAM0U5
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
/thread?

BluesClues
11-11-2009, 04:36 PM
^^^ You scared everyone away :tongue1: