PDA

View Full Version : Sports Braves offseason

FlipKing
11-09-2009, 10:19 PM
They are talking about trading vasquez or Kawakami and pondering as to whether or not to sign Laroche. I'd like to see Laroche resigned and then a big left fieldbat on top of that, but I'd really like to keep Vasquez at the same time.

atlxpat
11-10-2009, 01:43 AM
rumor is we're looking for a big bat in left field ( Jason Bay, or Matt Holliday )
we're letting go both soriano and gonzalez. Shopping around Lowe/Vazquez/Kawakami, and i think we arent going to resign Laroche to a long term deal cause Freddy Freeman is coming up in the minors.
I WOULD LOVE FOR US TO HAVE HOLLIDAY

atlxpat
11-10-2009, 01:44 AM
They are talking about trading vasquez or Kawakami and pondering as to whether or not to sign Laroche. I'd like to see Laroche resigned and then a big left fieldbat on top of that, but I'd really like to keep Vasquez at the same time.
and i agree, i'd rather us lose Lowe AND Kawakami then to lose Vazquez

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I dont know that they will throw up enough cash for Holliday or Bay....

atlxpat
11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
thats why we're trying to unload our pitchers

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 11:58 AM
We'd have to unload lowe, who didnt perform that well and has a large contract.

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Braves are considering resigning Vasquez to a 3-4 year deal.

lowazzcord
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
we should def keep vasquez imo. anderson filed for free agency goin to the al to be a dh. i agree we need a bat out there cuz he was subpar at best last year dropping to like 250 after having like two 300 years before with the angels. they are trying right now to finalize the deal with hudson for 2 or 3 more years

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I think bay or holliday will be too expensive though

atlxpat
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I think bay or holliday will be too expensive though
dont kill the dream for me!

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Yankees and Angels are talking about bidding. Just sayin...lol

atlxpat
11-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Yankees and Angels are talking about bidding. Just sayin...lol
yankees bid on everything and everyone.

FlipKing
11-10-2009, 10:04 PM
And they usually get on which they bid. lol

HyPer50
11-11-2009, 05:27 AM
From what I've heard, Vazquez is the only one with any real trade appeal for other teams. We overpaid Kawakami and Lowe, so unless we are willing to eat some of there contract, doubt any teams would be willing to trade for them. I hope they get Laroche back for 1 more season atleast, dont think Freeman is near ready yet.

boosted b
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
the braves are stupid if they did pick up one of them they would trade them mid season anyway

atlxpat
11-11-2009, 08:23 AM
the braves are stupid if they did pick up one of them they would trade them mid season anyway
exactly, we're running for a playoff season, its bobby cox and chippers last season, this is what most teams do. get a big name player and if we dont have playoff chances trade for prospects

AllTheDude
11-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Its not chipper's last season, he's signed through 2011 with options for 2012, but he'll retire if he poops out again this year. Ideal situation would be to trade lowe for power but I'd take anything for him because we would clear 15 mil from the books, and would allow us to sign LaRoche for 2-3 years at 8-10 mil. Keep in mind we have the top prospect in all of baseball with true super star talent in Jason Heyward for the OF.

FlipKing
11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
They are now discussing trading Vasquez to Texas for their OF

sogood
11-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Hudson signed a 3 year, $28 million deal. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4647417)

FlipKing
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
That was expected, now just to see who is odd man out. I def want to keep Hanson and J.J. long term.

sogood
11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
That was expected, now just to see who is odd man out. I def want to keep Hanson and J.J. long term.

I don't think they have any intentions to move Hanson or Jurjens, Vasquez is obviously a different story. I just want to see us get some bigger bats in the lineup. Let Anderson's garbage ass go, and although I like Laroche a lot, if letting him go means we get more power, then so be it.

FlipKing
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
I'd like to resign Laroche AND trade maybe Vasquez for Uggla?

FlipKing
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Or Reynolds(arizona), Lind or Hill(Toronto)

atlxpat
11-12-2009, 01:59 PM
thats a no doubter, we;re not letting them go

FlipKing
11-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Idk, thats going to involve coughing up a TON of cash,lol

hfp09
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
well...jason bay is out of the equation for the braves because he just re-signed with the greatest team in the land. as for the braves, they need to do something in the off-season because their pitching did not perform this year like they had expected...they would be stupid to unload vazquez and not lowe, don't get me wrong, i love derek lowe but he just isn't playing good. i good trade for the braves is to get rid of lowe and pick up either a outfielder or replace some of those shitty infielders that are out there. either way the braves will be rebuilding the next couple of years and i doubt a championship is in the question.

FlipKing
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
well...jason bay is out of the equation for the braves because he just re-signed with the greatest team in the land. as for the braves, they need to do something in the off-season because their pitching did not perform this year like they had expected...they would be stupid to unload vazquez and not lowe, don't get me wrong, i love derek lowe but he just isn't playing good. i good trade for the braves is to get rid of lowe and pick up either a outfielder or replace some of those shitty infielders that are out there. either way the braves will be rebuilding the next couple of years and i doubt a championship is in the question.

Hmm, didnt perform how they expected? We had some of the best pitching in the league.....

Shitty infielders? Escobar is a great SS. Prado is decent defensively and a very good hitter. Chipper is over the hill, but still better than most starting 3rd basemen. All comes down to 1st. Laroche is good and we have a very good prospect coming up. Outfield is our need.

hfp09
11-16-2009, 01:30 PM
outfield is def in need of help. but the bullpen is way to inconsistent and that lost the braves too many games. don't get me wrong, escobar is a good infielder but the braves need to bring some bats in that can also play the field just as good if not better. there are many things that need to happen over the off-season if they want to compete with the fish and the mets because right now they are looking at another disappointing season.

FlipKing
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
More closer than anything. Soriano blew a few games as far as bullpen. And Heyward will be up in RF this next season. Put Diaz in LF and Mclouth in center and Resign laroche and I think we'd be fine honestly

atlxpat
11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
well we're letting go soriano and gonzalez, so we need a closer.
our infields fine and we need a LF/RF and rumor is we're after another japanese 36 year old pitcher

FlipKing
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Like I said, maybe a RF until Heyward is ready. and yeah a closer