PDA

View Full Version : Where can I have a rear end narrowed

Total_Blender
11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Hey all

I have a 8" ford rear end that I need to have narrowed by about 2". Anyone know of a shop around Kennesaw/Marietta where I can have this done?

I've heard Southern Gear does it, I will call them soon, just looking at other options. :goodjob:

Total_Blender
11-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Update, I called Southern Gear and they "don't do chassis work anymore". They referred me to a place called "Barnette's" that also doesn't do chassis work anymore.

So I've pretty much tapped out all of my options. :screwy:

JJSPEC Racing
11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Pm sent. Wont be the Kennesaw/Marietta area though

Vteckidd
11-10-2009, 12:13 AM
theres a place next to Turbo Daves in Powder Springs that does chassis work, may want to call them.

Turbo dave is in the old mainstream building

Formally...
11-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Yea, the guys name is Scotty and the name of his shop is Pro Chassis and Fab. I can't find his number right now but if you look it up it may still be listed in Hiram. He just moved to Powder Springs a few months ago.

Also, you could call Modular Performance in Cartersville and they will prob know where to get it done.

Tech5
11-10-2009, 11:55 AM
do it yourself I have done many of these for my s10 and mustang coupe

summit sales everything you need to do this

Total_Blender
11-11-2009, 09:55 AM
do it yourself I have done many of these for my s10 and mustang coupe

I can probably do the housing myself, I have a chopsaw, a big stick welder, all sorts of tools at my disposal. The main concern I have is finding somewhere that can re-spline the axles. I suppose I could get new axles from Moser or Currie, but then again I could also just get a new housing from them and do a package deal.

Where is Modular Performance in Cartersville? Thats my hometown and I have never heard of them?

Edit: oh ok, they are down 113 across from the Elk's lodge. :goodjob: