PDA

View Full Version : The Usuals: Those that always engage in political discussions

Kevykev
11-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I used to admire people that took part in political debates mainly because of their vast knowledge on matters. Then i started to consider the fact that no one really changes their views. Therefore, regardless of the argument everything is pretty much left unchanged and uninfluenced

People only post threads that supports there beliefs and arguments.

People argue the same points, they support their "side" their opinions remain the "same"

What's the point?

It seems like all debates are "inefficient and ineffective" and tend to only serve as reading material.

I personally choose not to get involved because my faith does not lie in any man but that's another topic.

This is not an attempt to attack anyone just something i've been pondering for a while.

Thoughts? or is it just me.

punkr6
11-09-2009, 07:52 AM
I agree, it seems that there are very few people with an open mind, when it comes to politics and religion.

Kevykev
11-09-2009, 08:38 AM
I agree, it seems that there are very few people with an open mind, when it comes to politics and religion.

and let's not even mention abortion...oops :cheers:

eraser4g63
11-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I feel I am fairly open minded, however I don't want to pay for other peoples shit. But when it comes to abortion inamorata niether here nor there on that argument, I just feel it should not be used as a method of birth control. You are correct there are a lot of people who would rather just call names and bang their head against the same walls. That is why I don't spend much time in the section anymore.

bu villain
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
While I agree that there is a lot of this going on in the forum, hell it should probably be named the bash Obama/Bush forum, there are some people who benefit from it. It's caused me to consider other points of view and go look for further information from time to time. Unfortunately many people are most interested in being right more than anything else. Just look at the number of arguments about semantics.