PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for Spicy Orange fans

MSP1660
11-08-2009, 09:17 PM
To all my Top Notch brethren,

First and foremost: My car is fine and not wrecked.

Secondly, this is my notification that I will be staying in Top Notch, however, you won't see me around too much in the coming months. If you want, you can be pissed and just stop reading here and go throw darts at a picture of me somewhere, or you can read more and see why. Keep in mind these aren't excuses, they are just the facts.

Basically, it all boils down to this. I am not doing myself the due dilligence by not doing what I am supposed to be doing. I was given an opportunity to learn Cisco Networking (essentially for no money what-so-ever) and a killer job when I get my CCNA. Keep in mind that if I took classes at a college, it would cost me at least 4-5k and you would see even less of me than you already have.

The guy who is giving me this opportunity has seen me slide a great deal since I started this. I've been 4 months into this and I feel as if I've learned nothing.... well, not nothing... but not much either.

I love spending time with you guys and goofing off but I will be turning 25 in a week and a half and I'm still barely making more than I made 3 years ago. I should feel so lucky that I have a job, potential for a great job, a house, two cars, etc. However, that all didn't come easy. As hard as it took me to get where I am, it can be gone in a flash if I let it.

Essentially what I am saying is, after the few meets I've obligated myself too (The Sports Thread and the Photoshoot thread), I won't be around much. I probably won't even check the forums daily like I usually do. The only time I'm really alotting myself for forum time is when I am at lunch at work because me trying to study there seems fruitless.

I love you guys like family and I really do appreciate all that's been given to me. I value you guys' friendships more than you could possibly know. I just know that if I don't do something with my life quick, I'll be cheating myself as a man, husband, and more importantly, the father I will (probably sooner than later) eventually become.

Thanks Top Notch for hopefully supporting my decision on this. If any of you think this is all bullshit and you want to drag my name and reputation (not the green bars in my profile either) through the mud, go ahead and do so. Again, to those in support of me, I thank you.

Dale S.

stillaneon
11-08-2009, 09:23 PM
To all my Top Notch brethren,

First and foremost: My car is fine and not wrecked.

Secondly, this is my notification that I will be staying in Top Notch, however, you won't see me around too much in the coming months. If you want, you can be pissed and just stop reading here and go throw darts at a picture of me somewhere, or you can read more and see why. Keep in mind these aren't excuses, they are just the facts.

Basically, it all boils down to this. I am not doing myself the due dilligence by not doing what I am supposed to be doing. I was given an opportunity to learn Cisco Networking (essentially for no money what-so-ever) and a killer job when I get my CCNA. Keep in mind that if I took classes at a college, it would cost me at least 4-5k and you would see even less of me than you already have.

The guy who is giving me this opportunity has seen me slide a great deal since I started this. I've been 4 months into this and I feel as if I've learned nothing.... well, not nothing... but not much either.

I love spending time with you guys and goofing off but I will be turning 25 in a week and a half and I'm still barely making more than I made 3 years ago. I should feel so lucky that I have a job, potential for a great job, a house, two cars, etc. However, that all didn't come easy. As hard as it took me to get where I am, it can be gone in a flash if I let it.

Essentially what I am saying is, after the few meets I've obligated myself too (The Sports Thread and the Photoshoot thread), I won't be around much. I probably won't even check the forums daily like I usually do. The only time I'm really alotting myself for forum time is when I am at lunch at work because me trying to study there seems fruitless.

I love you guys like family and I really do appreciate all that's been given to me. I value you guys' friendships more than you could possibly know. I just know that if I don't do something with my life quick, I'll be cheating myself as a man, husband, and more importantly, the father I will (probably sooner than later) eventually become.

Thanks Top Notch for hopefully supporting my decision on this. If any of you think this is all bullshit and you want to drag my name and reputation (not the green bars in my profile either) through the mud, go ahead and do so. Again, to those in support of me, I thank you.

Dale S.

Just my :2cents: from an outsider who has watch TN grow.

Any friends will support you making a decision to better yourself and the life of your family. A Car club, is just that, and while you may not have the ability to devote what you used to, these are your friends, and they will support you no matter what...

On a more positive note, congrats, and good luck

u8myore0
11-08-2009, 09:24 PM
i think im gonna cry.

Ricker112
11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Call me tomorrow bro. I think I can help you see why this may not be the right decision.

blackboi50
11-08-2009, 11:35 PM
i could hug u donnie!!!! ((no homo))....1

C.Smock
11-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Fuck you Dale! You didnt contribute shit to this club anyway!! Peace Bitch!!

Jk Dale, of course we (I) will support you in whatever decision you make. Thats what we are here for. Family first, Car club second. Its a very smart decision your making, i myself am trying to get myself on track to do the same. I think we will still be seeing you around, mabe not at first, but definantly sooner than later. Let me know if i can do anything to help bro man. You know i gotcha. As well as the rest of Top Notch.

Good Luck dude! Ill keep in touch! I would text you...........but id get yelled at :( lol

LightsOut
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
I back daley dale :) can't stop a man from getting money... I back u if it means anythibg to u :)

S2KJD
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I would text you...........but id get yelled at :( lol

:lmfao:

yeah same here man with what all else have said :cheers:

S2KJD
11-09-2009, 09:36 AM
oh but you BETTER race casey prior to your early retirement :D

MSP1660
11-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks Casey. It's a different billing cycle and I'm looking into a new plan anyway (may even be getting the new Droid...).

Thanks for the support guys. I know I won't be able to cut it out completely but I definitely need to put more time into what my ambitions are.

S2KJD
11-09-2009, 02:11 PM
dont be a whispering eye and just skip right over my comment :D

Ricker112
11-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks Casey. It's a different billing cycle and I'm looking into a new plan anyway (may even be getting the new Droid...).

Thanks for the support guys. I know I won't be able to cut it out completely
but I definitely need to put more time into what my ambitions are.

That sounds better!

importkid4sho
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
congrats man! So are you still able to show up for the photoshoot? or thats all in all included?

MSP1660
11-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I said that... I will definitely keep my obligations that I've already set. Of course I am gonna make time for my own meets... duh....

:P

Yeah, I'm not giving up on Top Notch by any means, I am just putting more stock into something I should've been doing already. If I have time (like tonight) after I've spent enough on my studies, I'll jump on. If I think I am doing awesome one week and need a break, I'll hit up Sonic, or the V.

Essentially nothing's REALLY changing. Just letting you guys know that if I appear to not be here as much (ya know not responding to PM's or threads) that's why. I am prioritizing my life. Even Casey said it better than I could, Family first, car club second.

As said, you guys are my friends and I will still check Facebook and still try to make time to attend stuff just no guarantees.

lovinmydodge
11-10-2009, 12:25 AM
umm no thats not ok ~~~~~~~~ AHHHHHHHHH lol jk. I say get to your studies. Then when you're bringing in the big $$$ take us out to dinner lol!!!!

C.Smock
11-10-2009, 07:27 AM
umm no thats not ok ~~~~~~~~ AHHHHHHHHH lol jk. I say get to your studies. Then when you're bringing in the big $$$ take us out to dinner lol!!!!

Im slightly jealous i didnt come up with that idea lol

S2KJD
11-10-2009, 09:08 AM
coming from a guy making 50k income right now :rolleyes:

MSP1660
11-10-2009, 11:15 AM
Ummmm yeah... dinner... right.... ;)

importkid4sho
11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
for get the dinner everyone get free intake and nitros lol, hahahaha.

MSP1660
11-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Forget nitrous (bottles are for babies)! Get some snails.

bloodline
11-11-2009, 10:23 AM
More power to you dale... You got a wife and a little one.. You gotta do what's best for you...friends will always be there to support you.. No matter what
Well reals friends that is... I feel you tho... I love this TN family to death... And as I make my wayback to georgia
I'm also taking more time out for myself... And get back and get my degree... Do what I gotta do... and get back
To my daughter and my gf...

I know you'll prolly be busy... But whenever you have some time... We definatly jus need to chill and catch up...
But as a ffriend I support you all the way.. And if anything I want to encourage you to do more.. And accomplish
More just because life is precious... To be able to have a wife and a child... Its good that you want more for them
And just to have a better life...and I hope I would get the same support from everyone as well...

C.Smock
11-11-2009, 11:32 AM
x2 jay and dale ftw!

Ricker112
11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
lol on the child. That boy aint gots no babies!!!

MSP1660
11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah Jay-man, not sure where you got that child part. I might've said I got a family (which I do: meaning wife and animals with thoughts of a kid) but no confirmed little Dale's running about to speak of yet.

I appreciate the support.

When you get back, it'll be on like Donkey Kong.