PDA

View Full Version : hooking up a oil pressure gauge need help

b20teggyjdm
11-08-2009, 10:51 AM
ok i got a manual oil pressure gauge ( autometer ) i went to advance and got the little plastic hose kit with all the fittings. what i need to know is how to put the kit together with all them little fittings and i need the T fitting for the block, gauge, and sending unit. I dont know where it is no sizes or nothing and everybody i ask doesnt know either. if anyone could help that will be great

appreciate it

oh yea on a b20

Civictyper95
11-08-2009, 11:40 AM
i have an oil filter sandwich plate fs, makes it easier lol :goodjob:

punkr6
11-08-2009, 01:41 PM
The sandwich plate is the easiest way, but If you don't wanna go that way, You can T-off the back of the block where the oil sensor is. Keep in mind the block is threaded BPT not NPT....The parts most people use is 1/8 npt, you can get everything at Home Depot. I have some extra if you're in the area. Where are you located...?

TommyD1919
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Just be careful with the maual gauge.. You will have oil pressure about 6 inches from your head and if that plastic hose fails for any reason, you have oil all over the inside of the car. It can and has happened. The ideal setup is electric gauges or if you do run a mechanical gauge they make a pressure isolator that goes in line. you have oil running to the isolator and antifreeze on the other.. So worse case you have alittle antifreeze in the car not oil.. Just a thought

JITB
11-08-2009, 08:30 PM
take it back get a electric one...lol

i had a mech one in my old protege. for about 2 days, and it started to leak.. on my floor...

Butif you insist! make sure you use Teflon tape on ALL!!!!! your connections. And be careful and do it right. because it will leak if you do half ass on anything!

b20teggyjdm
11-15-2009, 12:07 PM
yea i am located in macon. but i can get everythang at home depot is there a certain t i ask for or just ask for the 1/8 BPT